Cranford Hall Nursing Home

Reviews of Cranford Hall Nursing Home

Nursing Home Reviews for Cranford Hall Nursing Home

February 29, 2012

By saracats

Cranford Hall was at one time the estate of a wealthy family. The property itself is about 150 years old and tucked into a residential area of this small New Jersey town. The building itself and the grounds are quite lovely, offering a shady, comfortable sitting area for the patients who are mobile enough to visit with their families when the weather allows. The trees are as old as the property and still surround the building, keeping the lovely old estate appearance. If you didn't know it was a nursing home, you would never guess, it simply looks like a well kept old mansion out of the way of the city traffic.The interior of the building has been compartmentalized over the years to accommodate the residents. The various wings of the facility house the patients according to their mobility. Alzheimer's patience, for instance, have a separate section of the building, and for their protection, cannot gain access to the entry hall or the grounds. Patients who are mobile enough and of sound mind can have freedom of movement in many common areas, including the great hallway downstairs.The interior of the home is not fancy. It is plain, and visually, can be a little depressing. It does, after all, house the very old and infirm who can no longer live on their own. Although the patient rooms are spare, they do provide space for the patients' personal effects and the families are allowed to bring small pieces of furniture if desired, such as a bedside table, or a favorite chair, etc. to keep some feeling of home for the patient. The rooms have plenty of space for family photographs, or even pictures drawn by grandchildren to display on the wall, and these practices are encouraged. Cranford Hall has several small resident birds and a guinea pig that live in the great hall, are well-cared for, and enjoyed by those residents who love animals. When my mother lived there, we were also permitted to bring our family pet to visit her, as long as the pet was properly restrained and well-behaved. We appreciated this so much.In my experience, the staff was very attentive to my mother, and she was always kept clean, comfortable, and was properly tended to. Their treatment of her was warm and caring, and several particular caregivers indicated to me how they loved her. I felt that those particular people had a special compassion, and it comforted our family to know this. Cranford Hall is family-run, and the lady in charge of the facility now actually grew up there, and although she is elderly, she is still very involved in the day-to-day running of the home.Although there are many more homes that will put more into the visual aesthetics of their facility, I rated this home on the higher end of the scale because of the quality of care that is given to the patients, and the level of attention they recieved from the staff. They took much of the worry away from us during my mother's stay there, and it did help so much to ease the burden. We were very encouraged at how well she was kept physically by the staff, and in determining these things for our family members, this is such a large consideration.

July 29, 2011

By Deborah C

My Mom has been a Medicaid resident for almost a year. The facility is not quite up to par esthetically since it is an old facility. However, the care and attention is of the utmost quality. My Mom is comfortable, clean and cared for. I am there on an almost daily basis and have never seen anything "out of the way". I cannot say enough about the nurses and the CNAs. They are wonderful and also treat me with the utmost respect and care. I feel comfortable with highly recommending Cranford Hall with no hesitation. I am not doing this for a gift card. I feel an opportunity to highly praise Cranford Hall. People are quick to say something negative and I just wanted to give positive feedback. Thank you for the opportunity.

About Cranford Hall Nursing Home

Cranford Hall Nursing Home is a senior living provider in Cranford, New Jersey that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Cranford Hall Nursing Home for more details on services and rates.

Map of Cranford Hall Nursing Home