Langdon Place of Exeter

Reviews of Langdon Place of Exeter

Assisted Living Reviews for Langdon Place of Exeter

February 10, 2021

By Donna Jensen Hyland

The Langdon Place Exeter staff have performed very well during the pandemic, making real personal sacrifices to keep all of our family members safe. The staff persons, from the leadership nursing staff, to the nursing assistants, dietary aides, activities staff, and facilities folks, are really wonderful. They know our family members by name and personality. I feel confident in the care they provide. Jean is approaching her three year anniversary at Langdon, and we are grateful that she could spend her twilight years at this facility.

Three years already?! Thank you for the wonderful review Donna.

By Very pleased

The Staff of this facility is amazing! They kept us safe through this covid pandemic. The assisted living and the independent living facilities are outstanding. MEmory Care is good, but not as warm an environment. The care of staff is amazing. The Director has a nursing background and that gives her great empathy, and a great capacity to think outside the box. I am grateful my parent has been in this facility while the country has dealt wit raging covid. These people are amazing!

Thank you!

By Steve Sheridan

When I started looking for an assisted living facility for Mom, I had know idea what I was doing. I met with three facilities in the area. It became very apparent which one was the right place. Mom has been here over three years now. She is thriving and happy. I have since heard stories about the other places I considered and now confident that we picked the right place. Any assisted living facility is only as good as the people inside. Langdon Place of Exeter has very caring and talented people caring for Mom. I have never had any regrets, the staff is outstanding.

Thank you Steve. Your mom's smile brightens our lives!

By jleary121

Given the current reality of Covid19, it's a very difficult time to be living at any Assisted Living residence. The staff at Langdon Place has been exceptional at managing all of the needed requirements to keep the residents safe and do it with compassion and a genuine desire to care for our loved ones as family. There is regular transparent communication from the LP Leadership Team with the families of the residents to keep us informed on exactly what's happening and it gives us the confidence that our parents health and well being are in good hands.

Thank you for the wonderful review jleary. We are looking forward to the near future when your parents can move about the community more freely. Covid 19 has certainly put a damper on 2020 but there is a light at the end of the tunnel. We're happy that you're happy.

April 17, 2020

By Allen

I was very well accommodated at Langdon Place of Exeter. The tour was very good. They had laundry machines and you could do your own laundry there. The staff who toured me knew what she was talking about and showed me different rooms and arrangements. I was quite happy with it. There was just a lot of up and down and ramps and because I walk with a cane, there was a lot of difficult walking. It felt more like an institution.

Thank you for your wonderful review. Although there is a ramp in one of our hallways, we do try to steer new residents who might have difficultly navigating the ramp to an apartment in a different section of the building. Thank you again for your review.

February 12, 2019

By macpat

If your family has the resources and if your most important need is to have a place that looks good, then this is the place for you! With a swimming pool and the look of a nicely decorated and furnished resort, you'd think they have what it takes to attend to your loved ones needs. However, my experience has been that they care mostly about your money, and when your loved one becomes a bit more needy, they will find any excuse to remove him/her one from their facility. And that lovely pool? It's only open once or twice a week and can only be used with more than one supervisor!! Looks good though, doesn't it??

Thank you for your feedback macpat. We are happy to hear you find our community appealing. Langdon Place of Exeter does have evacuation requirements set by the State of NH and, on some occassions, we may have to assist a resident who has physically declined to find a new home. We are very transparent with all potential residents and their families about this potential. Our swimming pool is a wonderful addition to our amenities. For safety reasons, we ask our residents to abide by a "buddy system" when using the pool. We feel they are safer if there is someone in the poolroom with them to call for assistance if they are unable to. Barring pool maintence situations, the pool can be accessed by our residents at any time.

October 18, 2017

By Snoopy's Mom

My mother was a resident of Langdon Place for about 3 years. We moved her from a very lovely independent living facility in Hingham, MA that did not offer assisted living, as she was in need of extra care after a fall which resulted in a broken neck. We were very happy with the staff and the care at Langdon. Be aware, no place is perfect. This is an older building without a lot of updated bells and whistles. It is a smaller facility which enables staff to be more in touch with their residents. Above all, as our mother's health declined with cancer coming into the mix, the staff sprang into action with so much love and care. They were gentle and kind, not only to our mother but to our family. Hospice came in as well and worked side by side the the Langdon nursing staff and gratefully, our mother was able to "age in place". I researched a number of assisted living facilities in NH and MA. Langdon is an excellent value for the cost and is structured on a month to month basis. I was very happy with my choice for our mother to be in a caring, clean and loving facility.

We are so glad you were happy with your mom's care while she was with us. We often hear from families how caring and loving our staff is and we completely agree. It's wonderful to have the ability to partner with hospice so our residents can age in place "at home".

June 03, 2017

By kim-harty

We were in a very tough spot with our dad who has severe dementia. His home burned down and we needed a place for him quickly so that we could figure out long-term plans. He ended up there for 30 days of respite care and I can't say enough good things about Nancy V, the Director of Sales and Marketing. She was far more than that. Nancy spent hours with us going over my dad's needs. She was so knowledgeable. We've spent a lot of time with senior living facilities between my mom and now dad and she by far was the most helpful and knowledgeable. They didn't have a bed for him in memory care so we had to look elsewhere but we would highly recommend Langdon based on our interactions with Nancy.

September 01, 2016

By Amy331038

We visited Langdon Place of Exeter. They offered three meals a day and transportation if needed. They had like a mini-bus type and they took them to activities, drugstore, grocery stores, shopping, and doctor’s appointments. There were restaurants and it was near a hospital.

August 12, 2016

By Jack708674

Langdon Place of Exeter was acceptable. The 2-bedroom unit that I saw was larger than what I need but clean. I would be happy if they had a craft area.

Thank you for your review. We are happy to say we have some of the largest apartments in the area for assisted living. With our three different apartment sizes (1 BR, 2BR and Studio Suites), we usually have something for everyone! We will take your great idea of a craft room into consideration. Crafting can be a very popular activity.

May 13, 2016

By K. G.

My mom moved to Langdon in February from Maryland. This type of move at her age is not an easy one. Every one at Langdon starting from admission staff to all the nursing staff, activities and rehabilitation staff,dietary staff, maintenance staff .(...I truly hope I didn't miss anyone... )has been amazing, caring, thoughtful making Langdon a great choice at a difficult time. After 3 months mom fell and fractured her wrist. The staff stepped up and helped us bring her back to Langdon with additional assistance. She was able to remain in the place where she was becoming comfortable . My family is grateful to this wonderful staff that take such great care of their residents.

Thank you for your thoughtful review. It's certainly not an easy move to make for an elderly person. We are happy to hear we were able to make it as easy as possible.

January 26, 2016

By Kathy Turner

My Mother was a resident of Langdon Place of Exeter for 3 1/2+ years, prior to her recent death at the end of 2015. During her residency at Langdon Place, she was always treated with the greatest respect, extreme love and kindness by all of the employees with whom she had contact. Whether on the janitorial, kitchen, cleaning or nursing staff or someone in administration -- everyone was always so nice to her, as well as my husband and me. Mum loved the fact that no one would hesitate to pop his/her head in the door and wave "Hi" to her or even stop in for a brief chat. A little bit of kindness surely goes such a long way! Everyone was her friend, no matter who they were or what they did. I often told Mum that, since she had chosen not to live with my husband and me in our home, I was always happy to leave her after a visit, knowing that she was being cared for by so many wonderful people. The nursing staff, assigned to her floor, were amazing -- always seeing to her needs and comfort. For this I will always be eternally thankful. The physical facility itself is a beautiful group of buildings, the food was always delicious, catering to individual desires and needs, and the Activities group always planned fun and entertaining programs for the residents and their families.

January 21, 2016

By A daughter's review

My mother became a resident at Langdon Place six years ago, after needing to be on oxygen full time after a bout with pneumonia, She was able to have a single room with a large window over looking the parking lot where relatives arrive to visit. She enjoys this aspect of her room, as well as the private bathroom within it. The style of the whole building is very upscale, with a formal dining room, where once a week cocktail parties are held, as well as celebrations once a month for the residents born within it. There's a den/library that offers large screen viewing of movies, and a recently updated pool and whirlpool in. a southern exposure large area with sliding glass doors to let in the fresh air as the weather permits. Holidays are celebrated with special events and treats from the kitchen- with family members welcome to attend. An activities director plans outings to local places of interest, as well in 'in house' activities. On to the health overseeing that she has benefited from: without sharing private details of my mother's various conditions through out the past years, I can truly exclaim with great gusto, "God Bless the 2nd floor nurses!". I am sure her life has been saved more than once by the skilled care she has received. There have been lung issues, caught before getting more serious requiring hospitalization. There have been skin issues that are chronic, and somewhat the result of choices my mother continues to make. Still the tending to them with twice a day treatments is carried through with patience and diligence. I am in and out several times a week, and seen the kindness and genuine affection shown to my mother. She is still ambulatory with a walker to both carry a traveling oxygen canister, and offer balance support, when she chooses to leave her room. Housekeeping staff are in the details needed to keep her feeling well cared for, whether a full replacement canister is needed, or she's requesting her bed to be turned down. Langdon Place also offers room service dining for residents no longer interested in joining the dining room group. Time is marching on, as it inevitably does, and despite my mother's choice of less participation in group activities she is very comfortable and continually tended to through out her day., During my last stop in she was exclaiming about the banana cream pie, dessert that had arrived in her room on that evening's dinner tray!

What a great in-depth review! We're sure your careful attention to detail will benefit many families who are considering Langdon Place of Exeter for their loved-one. Thank you.

January 15, 2016

By SuHersh

I have been to many communities and Langdon offers so much for their residents. the staff is friendly and truly cares about the needs and wants of their residents. It has been part of the Exeter community for a long time. Their amenties include a pool that is used my residents and their family members. A lot of fun. You need to come and see the community for yourself.

October 16, 2014

By NHfamily

Please consider all of your options before settling on Langdon. My parents were residents at Langdon and while their doctor was not an employee of the facility, the nurses and staff were, and should have realized that the care he was prescribing was not in their best interests. Both of my parents became very ill and required placement in a full fledged nursing home. Upon arrival, the staff at the actual nursing home were shocked at their skeletal condition, and by the extreme number of medications they were on. As we waded through the details of their records from Langdon, it was evident that they were moved where they could be ignored and that their doctor would just add more and more meds onto their regimen regardless of the results. I am happy to report that since leaving Langdon, my mother has gained 25 pounds in three months and my father has gained probably around 12-15. They are on hardly any medications and their "infirmities" seem to be disappearing with each passing week. Please, if you must be in assisted living, choose carefully, and if you cannot convince your parents to give you full access to their medical treatment records, try and convey them my story so that they understand why family needs to know more about what is going on. The staff should have protested my parents' care, yet didn't, so I do hold them as accountable as their PCP. My parents experienced personality changes due to narcotics and other needless medications.

Thank you for offering your feedback although it does sound like your experience was not a good one. Our clinical staff of nurses and caregivers are not able to overstep physician's orders but we do pride ourselves on maintaining close relationships with our residents physician's as well as thier families. The experience you are reporting is not typical of a stay at our community and we hope you were in contact with the administrative staff at that time. If our clinical staff were to see the changes you have described in any one of our residents, their responsible family member would most certainly be contacted immediately. We like to think we are a team working together to provide the best care for our residents.

February 11, 2014

By Olga118

This is a nice facility but before moving your loved one in be sure to ask about their failure to meet the NH State fire code for non-ambulatory residents. They did not disclose this information to us but the NH State Fire Marshall's office confirmed it and it could mean that when your loved one becomes non ambulatory they will have to move which is incredibly stressful for an elderly person.

Thank you for your feedback Olga118. It is true that the NH State fire code changed around the timeframe you reviewed. It was devestating to our staff to be in the postion to have to "rehome" some of our residents. Since then, all prospective residents and their families are made aware of the evacuation requirements for our residents. The goal is for all to continue to age in place at Langdon Place of Exeter and many continue to do so. Those who physically are unable to are assisted in finding a new home. Transparency is our goal.

September 26, 2012

By Alice 2

Langdon Place has a swimming pool. I have arthritis and a warm water pool is the best thing I can do for myself. There are three buildings and I think it's the most spacious place I have seen. The people were as gracious as they could be. I would recommend this facility.

Thank you for your review. We think our pool is a wonderful amenity and are happy to be able to offer it for both recreation and therapy.

July 28, 2012

By Haley1

I will recommend this place to others. I liked the woman who was in charge of our tour, she was very friendly. They even made a special effort to prepare a meal in a special dining hall. This place has a pond outside where residents could walk around. They have a large room with a beautiful swimming pool, an exercise room or gymnasium, and a piano room. This facility has the biggest accommodation I've seen. It's very comfortable if families will come in because this also has a full kitchen. The dining room where residents eat is very attractive. The table is designed for 4 to 6 people so it's very personal. They also provide activities for the residents; I forgot what the specifics are. In addition to this, they provide transportation to doctors' clinics. This place is also close to almost everything. It's very convenient and the most affordable places I've gone to.

Thank you for your wonderful review!

Independent Living Reviews for Langdon Place of Exeter

Memory Care Reviews for Langdon Place of Exeter

Questions about Langdon Place of Exeter

What programs or activities does Langdon Place of Exeter offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We have a wonderful programming calendar with activities occurring 7 days a week. Our 14 passenger bus transports our folks to restaurants, the ocean and other planned outings. We offer groups such as Veterans group, men's group, ladies group, Library committee and many more. Our weekly Happy Hour on Thursday is a very popular and boisterous gathering. Our memory care community has a separate programming calendar which offers activities especially designed for our residents with memory challenges.

What places are near Langdon Place of Exeter or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

The quaint town of Exeter is just a couple of miles down the road. It offers many specialty shops, cafes and restaurants. We are within a 15-minute drive to the beach.

What transportation services does Langdon Place of Exeter offer to assisted living residents?

We have a 14 passenger bus which is available for outings planned by our programming department. The bus is reserved on Thursdays for transportation to physicians' appointments. There are also scheduled trips to the grocery store and other shopping venues.

What makes the chef or dining program at Langdon Place of Exeter exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our dining room is cozy yet elegant. Our Director of Dining Services communicates with our residents on a regular basis. She will often visit the dining room during meal service to chat with our folks and seek their feedback. We also hold a monthly meeting for residents and dining services to discuss what they are enjoying as well as any changes they would like to see.

What safety features or security measures does Langdon Place of Exeter offer to assisted living residents?

Our memory care community is a secure community. Families are given the code in and out and able to visit whenever they would like to. This keeps our memory care residents safe from wandering. Our on duty nurses lock the external doors to enter our assisted and independent living at dusk.

How does Langdon Place of Exeter keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We have very open communitcations with our families. Upon admission to our community, residents will complete a form dictating which family member(s) should

Is Langdon Place of Exeter affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Exeter Hospital and its network of Core Physicians are in very close proximity to our community.

Costs for Langdon Place of Exeter

Photos of Langdon Place of Exeter

Services and Amenities of Langdon Place of Exeter

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites

About Langdon Place of Exeter

Langdon Place of Exeter is a non-entry fee Senior Living Retirement Community located in the historic town of Exeter, NH near the MA border and is nestled in a lovely neighborhood. We offer both Independent and Senior Living one and two-bedroom apartments, private rooms with private baths as well as care for individuals with Alzheimer's and dementia. We provide respite care for a short-term stay or as a transition into our community. Our 24-hour a day licensed nursing services assist with medication administration and management, diabetes and nutrition management and our in-house therapy services include physical, occupational, and speech therapy. Amenities at our community include an in-door heated pool and jacuzzi available to families as well, state-of-the-art exercise room and transportation services to outside appointments and cultural events. We invite you to stop by, tour our community, meet our residents and staff, join in on one of our meaningful activities, and enjoy a meal in our full service, fine dining room.

Living an active, social and vibrant lifestyle is your priority. Whether meeting with friends, participating in social media, or taking a walk, you are a modern-day senior with aspirations of maintaining an active lifestyle for many years to come. Genesis is committed to the unique needs of each of our residents, promoting a comprehensive, all-encompassing approach to living that keeps you on the path of vitality.

Map of Langdon Place of Exeter