Las Ventanas at Summerlin

Reviews of Las Ventanas at Summerlin

Assisted Living Reviews for Las Ventanas at Summerlin

September 07, 2015

By Nancy107762450

The skilled nursing part of Las Ventanas at Summerlin was outstanding. Everyone from the physical therapists to nurses to the people that were at the front desk were outstanding. We had a problem with the assisted living center. There was a gentleman there named Warren. My father was in the skilled nursing facility for several weeks in March where he received excellent care. Once he got out of Las Ventanas skilled nursing, he would have moved to Las Ventanas assisted living. It would have been good for us to keep him in the same community, but we were really jerked around by this Warren. He was very curt with us. He has kind of a split personality. Sometimes, he would be nice, and other times he would be very curt, and he would not talk to us. When it came time for dad to move, we contacted him because we were told to, and he told me very curtly "It is not up to you to contact me; it's up to the skilled nursing center. I'm meeting with them tomorrow" and hung up on me. This is a very trying time, and the last thing you need is someone to be like that with you. He never did call me back, so when I called him, he said they have no rooms for my father. Then, I found out from my father that the same man had gone into his room and on his own broken the news to him that my dad is going into assisted living. We had not had a chance to tell dad what the next step was because we didn't know when or where he was going, but this Warren guy after telling us that he did not have a room for my father took it upon himself to find my father and tell him where he was going. Dad got real upset because he's got all of his faculties. He reads the Wall Street Journal cover to cover, but he's very hard of hearing, and he thought that this Warren told him that it was going to be $48,000 a month instead of $4800. We calmed dad down and made sure that he went anywhere but Las Ventanas. I did contact the head of the facility and never heard anything back. They handled it so unprofessionally with a lack of compassion, and now they're advertising all over the TV stations. I'm imagining it's because they're having a hard time selling their rooms because of this man. We had a tour way back in the beginning when we knew my father was moving into the skilled nursing center. It was pretty, but it was quite a bit more expensive than where he is now, and he was not allowed to have his pet dog with him which would've been a deal breaker. I also didn't like the staff.

About Las Ventanas at Summerlin

Las Ventanas at Summerlin is a senior living provider in Las Vegas, Nevada that offers residents Assisted Living. Contact Las Ventanas at Summerlin for more details on services and rates.

Map of Las Ventanas at Summerlin