The Glenn Hopkins

Assisted Living Reviews for The Glenn Hopkins

Independent Living Reviews for The Glenn Hopkins

October 24, 2016

By Tom 52

My Mom and Dad recently moved to the Glenn in Hopkins and their overall experience has been exceptional. The staff has been great every step of the way from the first orientations, the move in process and now the continuing support of helping Mom and Dad settle into their new home and life style. Honestly I do not think the whole process and transition could have gone any better... Many thanks to all...

October 22, 2016

By Meg H.

Our family has had an Aunt and Uncle,Aunt and now my parents who are currently living at The Glenn Hopkins.There were many reasons why our family continued to choose this senior community.The most important one is that the staff has a great deal of compassion for its residents.They have helped us in so many ways.When you or someone in your family is looking to move into a new community, spend some time at The Glenn. Hopefully you will see and experience what our family has at the The Glenn .

August 01, 2016

By Paulscott

My parents were introduced to The Towers at The Glenn-Hopkins in 2013. They lived there for several months and then it became necessary to move them to The Terraces. As they were both approaching their nineties, their daily needs demanded additional services from the train staff at The Glenn. Our family enjoyed having dad at The Glenn, where 17 family members could visit him often. We lost him just this past April. The Glenn provided superior care. While he participated on his own, he enjoyed the many activities that are offered. He enjoyed being involved with the men's group, daily Mass, playing bingo and as a retired farmer, he loved his mealtimes. After dad passed away my mother decided to move to a one bedroom apartment. She has continued to enjoy the same activities as my dad did, especially the coffee nook. The Glenn provides a very safe and nurturing environment for her. If you are considering The Glenn-Hopkins for your loved one, you will be very pleased.

July 27, 2016

By Edith Clark

I moved to The Glenn 2 years ago, long before I expected to need their services, but at 84, and with 8 children, I thought it best to decide "what shall we do with Mother" if I became unable to decide myself in the future. I do use the shuttle that seems to go somewhere every day. But I'm independent enough to use the city bus system to get anywhere I want to go. I can't say enough good things about the staff and the residents are friendly, going out of their way to befriend each other. I came here from Elk River (which now seems so far away) and delight in the closeness of theaters and events in Minneapolis-St Paul. The city of Hopkins has been a revelation to me. This tiny town has kept its small town feel yet has a movie, an art center with a theater for concerts and plays of all sorts, some really good restaurants, a full line grocery, a branch of the Hennepin County library and many antique and other retail stores. (Our building has its own library, too, with large-print books delivered by Hennepin Co every quarter and hundreds of our own books that residents are welcome to borrow. And it's open 24 hours a day!) There is a Catholic Church in Hopkins,too, but we have our own chapel where Mass is celebrated almost every day. Before I moved here I toured six other facilities and it was without a second thought that I chose The Glenn.

July 04, 2015

St. Therese was very institutionalized. We really did not take a tour. We walked in to set up the tour, and we did not like going back because of the way we were treated. It was unwelcoming. There had a security guard sitting there which kind of made me a little nervous. It looked like it was beautiful, but not when you first walk in.

June 26, 2014

By Bosephus

Great facility, good caring staff. I have been there visiting once or twice a week for past two years and it is always clean and well maintained. The downside is the Gentle Touch medical support staff-a disappointment with their lack of professionalism and high price.

August 19, 2013

By Shirley24

St. Therese was a very nice facility. I was quite impressed. The staff was good. But they did not had a pool and my dad needed one for his water aerobics. They didn't have all the criteria that I was looking for.

June 26, 2013

By caring0390

We visited St Therese Southwest and we liked it except its location seems to be isolated. The rooms were fine and their staff seemed nice.

July 02, 2012

By welterlm

This new facility is very well done. The Glenn has all the features a to make the place inviting for senior independent living. The grounds are beautiful. The opportunities on campus are varied enough to accommodate many different interests. Yet there is a grocery store and restaurants just a short walk a way. My 88 year old parents moved to the Glenn recently. The staff have gone out of their way to be helpful. The dining staff are always friendly. My parents are independent at this time. It has eased any concerns that I have had about their future living arrangements. I know that if they will need assisted living arrangements it will be a smooth transition to accommodate them.

May 24, 2011

By slclynn

Visited this facility

St Therese Southwest is a newer facility in the city of Hopkins. When you initially step inside you notice the rich décor and light bright facility with plenty of windows. This is a Catholic faith based residential facility but they welcome seniors of all religions. Residents I visited there loved the gorgeous flower gardens, and the fact that pastoral care was available onsite. They felt as though they were treated with respect, and loved the fact that they could live independently while having the security of knowing that staff was available when they needed it. This is a gorgeous facility with many acres of scenic land, yet convenient to shopping. Hopkins is a very safe community with a low crime rate according to local crime reports. This is an A+ community that I would highly recommend to anyone looking for high quality placement for their senior family member. Residents who I visited stated they were grateful that the facility is so affordable.

Photos of The Glenn Hopkins

About The Glenn Hopkins

The Towers of The Glenn Hopkins is a beautiful senior retirement community offering the very best in independent senior living. Located on 14 rolling acres in the town of Hopkins, Minnesota, we are dedicated to creating an environment where freedom and quality of life are of the utmost importance. The Towers offer senior apartments to those individuals age 55+ that value independence and want to maintain an active lifestyle.

With exceptional amenities and services in comfortable surroundings, The Towers senior retirement community provides our residents everything they need to live independently in a gorgeous home-like setting. We have a wide variety of floor plans, housing and pricing options in our 227 unit apartment building.

The Towers of The Glenn Hopkins provides our residents everything possible to make life convenient and help you stay active. Without ever leaving home you can:

• Enjoy spending time on our spacious patio while gazing over willow pond with its majestic fountain.
  • Go for a stroll along the winding paths of our 14 breathtaking acres.
  • Take some time for quiet reflection in our beautiful 24 hour chapel.
  • Exercise in our fitness room or join a class for added motivation.
  • Buy a gift in our gift shop for that special someone.
  • Take in an old time classic in our richly designed media room.
  • Enjoy "tinkering" in the woodshop located on the campus.
  • Relax with a good book while enjoying the aesthetic beauty of our library.
  • At The Towers of St. Therese Southwest, we create a home where the enjoyment of living independently is our top priority.
  • Unlike many other senior retirement communities, The Towers of The Glenn Hopkins takes a holistic approach to retirement living. We not only have all the comforts and amenities you expect and deserve when you retire, we also address your spiritual needs. Our faith based senior community welcomes those of all backgrounds and provides full time pastoral support as well as daily masses and weekly protestant services. You will feel at ease in our vibrant Catholic senior community with friends and neighbors that share your common values. It is our commitment to give you the very best active senior living has to offer so you are able to enjoy life to its fullest.

Map of The Glenn Hopkins