The Glenn Hopkins

The Glenn Hopkins (800) 385-2527

Reviews of The Glenn Hopkins

Assisted Living Reviews for The Glenn Hopkins

March 27, 2014

It just seemed to suit my parents' needs. So far, we're happy with it. It's nice to know that they're in a place and they have their three meals a day. If they need help at night, they can ring the button and they'll be there. They have activities there, but they haven't been able to do too much because they've got so many people coming in to give occupational therapy and physical therapy. The room they have is very nice. They were very accommodating for whatever they needed. They've had their apartment cleaned only once, so it seemed to be adequate. I had them do a little extra and they didn't mind doing that. I was satisfied.

December 31, 2013

My mother is in the here. We have good experience there. I think they treat the residents nicely. They have a 24-hour nurse and I am satisfied with the type of caring she is getting. The amount of services they can offer someone impresses me. They have a lot of services and social activities. My mother is in a one-bedroom apartment, which I think is small. It is like a size of a single apartment in California divided into two. The food seems like small portions but my mother is gaining weight since she move there. However, it is very expensive and I will recommend it to others as long as they can afford it.

Independent Living Reviews for The Glenn Hopkins

March 18, 2021

By Elaine

I went to The Glenn Hopkins. It was very nice. The apartments were a little smaller, I liked them though, and they were arranged well. The living area was not as nice as the other place, it was not as beautiful all around the building, and it was not quite as updated. It looked like they had a good physical therapy area, and an exercise room. It was very clean, and well laid out. I could see myself being there. It was pleasant and inviting to me.

April 25, 2018

By Nancy Stock and Mary Stude

Our dad was a resident at The Glenn for several years. The staff brought friendship, comfort and expertise to our family and our dad, Bob. Everyone knew his name and that filled our hearts with gratitude. This community truly allows seniors to explore new friendships and activities. Highlights included going to the Twins game at the new stadium, and sitting on the beautiful patio watching with wildlife with his grandchildren, but the daily building of friendships gave our dad the feeling of home each day. He told his children many times, "Please do no make me leave this place. This is my home." And it was!

November 30, 2017

By Mary Tegeder Family

Our mom was glad to call the Glenn Hopkins Towers home for over 8 years & we are pleased to to provide this review to encourage older individuals and families to consider The Glenn as an excellent place to live - the facilities are well designed and equipped - the staff are sincere and dedicated & the various services and amenities are top notch

August 26, 2017

By - Heidi -

We recently moved my dad from across the country to MN so he could be close to family. It started out as a one-month temporary stay which he extended twice and then decided to move permanently. We are just thrilled that he loves it there so much! There are always people to talk and dine with and the staff, especially Lisa, have been incredibly patient and flexible. I cannot imagine a better place and am so grateful for his wonderful experience at The Glenn. He is healthier and happier, and my sisters and I are glad that he has easy access to so many services. I highly recommend this community!

October 24, 2016

By Tom 52

My Mom and Dad recently moved to the Glenn in Hopkins and their overall experience has been exceptional. The staff has been great every step of the way from the first orientations, the move in process and now the continuing support of helping Mom and Dad settle into their new home and life style. Honestly I do not think the whole process and transition could have gone any better... Many thanks to all...

October 22, 2016

By Meg H.

Our family has had an Aunt and Uncle,Aunt and now my parents who are currently living at The Glenn Hopkins.There were many reasons why our family continued to choose this senior community.The most important one is that the staff has a great deal of compassion for its residents.They have helped us in so many ways.When you or someone in your family is looking to move into a new community, spend some time at The Glenn. Hopefully you will see and experience what our family has at the The Glenn .

July 27, 2016

By Edith C

I moved to The Glenn 2 years ago, long before I expected to need their services, but at 84, and with 8 children, I thought it best to decide "what shall we do with Mother" if I became unable to decide myself in the future. I do use the shuttle that seems to go somewhere every day. But I'm independent enough to use the city bus system to get anywhere I want to go. I can't say enough good things about the staff and the residents are friendly, going out of their way to befriend each other. I came here from Elk River (which now seems so far away) and delight in the closeness of theaters and events in Minneapolis-St Paul. The city of Hopkins has been a revelation to me. This tiny town has kept its small town feel yet has a movie, an art center with a theater for concerts and plays of all sorts, some really good restaurants, a full line grocery, a branch of the Hennepin County library and many antique and other retail stores. (Our building has its own library, too, with large-print books delivered by Hennepin Co every quarter and hundreds of our own books that residents are welcome to borrow. And it's open 24 hours a day!) There is a Catholic Church in Hopkins,too, but we have our own chapel where Mass is celebrated almost every day. Before I moved here I toured six other facilities and it was without a second thought that I chose The Glenn.

July 04, 2015

It was very institutionalized. We really did not take a tour. We walked in to set up the tour, and we did not like going back because of the way we were treated. It was unwelcoming. There had a security guard sitting there which kind of made me a little nervous. It looked like it was beautiful, but not when you first walk in.

June 26, 2014

By Bosephus

Great facility, good caring staff. I have been there visiting once or twice a week for past two years and it is always clean and well maintained. The downside is the Gentle Touch medical support staff-a disappointment with their lack of professionalism and high price.

August 19, 2013

By Shirley24

It was a very nice facility. I was quite impressed. The staff was good. But they did not had a pool and my dad needed one for his water aerobics. They didn't have all the criteria that I was looking for.

June 26, 2013

By caring0390

We visited and we liked it except its location seems to be isolated. The rooms were fine and their staff seemed nice.

July 02, 2012

By welterlm

This new facility is very well done. The Glenn has all the features a to make the place inviting for senior independent living. The grounds are beautiful. The opportunities on campus are varied enough to accommodate many different interests. Yet there is a grocery store and restaurants just a short walk a way. My 88 year old parents moved to the Glenn recently. The staff have gone out of their way to be helpful. The dining staff are always friendly. My parents are independent at this time. It has eased any concerns that I have had about their future living arrangements. I know that if they will need assisted living arrangements it will be a smooth transition to accommodate them.

May 24, 2011

By slclynn

It is a newer facility in the city of Hopkins. When you initially step inside you notice the rich décor and light bright facility with plenty of windows. This is a Catholic faith based residential facility but they welcome seniors of all religions. Residents I visited there loved the gorgeous flower gardens, and the fact that pastoral care was available onsite. They felt as though they were treated with respect, and loved the fact that they could live independently while having the security of knowing that staff was available when they needed it. This is a gorgeous facility with many acres of scenic land, yet convenient to shopping. Hopkins is a very safe community with a low crime rate according to local crime reports. This is an A+ community that I would highly recommend to anyone looking for high quality placement for their senior family member. Residents who I visited stated they were grateful that the facility is so affordable.

Questions about The Glenn Hopkins

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Training is provided by the Director of Nursing, Community Life Supervisor, Corporate Director of Healthcare Staff Development, Licensed Assisted Living Director and through Educare Online Training program. All staff providing direct care to residents at The Terraces, as well as supervisors of those direct care staff, receive 8 hour of general dementia care training at their initial orientation and receive 2 hours of additional general dementia care training annually covering 8 dementia care focus areas. Staff who are not direct care providers but assist in the memory care neighborhoods (i.e. maintenance, housekeeping, reception, etc.) will receive 4 hours of general dementia care training at initial orientation. These team members receive 2 hours of additional dementia training annually.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at The Glenn Hopkins. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The Terraces Assisted Living at The Glenn Hopkins has neighbors between the ages of 85-89. 70% of our Assisted Living Community is female and the other 30% is male. We offer a 7 day per week Community Life Activity program focusing on creative, spiritual, recreational, physical, emotional and social well being with a wide variety of programs. Outings into the broader community happens on Accessible Coach Buses for dining, scenic drives, entertainments, museums, etc.

What programs or activities does The Glenn Hopkins offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Daily exercise classes, brain games, social events with music entertainments, concerts, spiritual care programs including Bible Study, Hymn Sing

What places are near The Glenn Hopkins or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Hennepin County Library, Hopkins Art & Performance Center, Scoreboard Restaurant, Jimmy's Restaurant, Woody's Grille Restaurant, Golden Nugget Restaurant, Shady Oak Lake Beach and Park, Music in the Park in Downtown Hopkins.

What transportation services does The Glenn Hopkins offer to assisted living residents?

Group transportation on 2 accessible coach buses. Resident Services provides resources for 1-1 transportation services in the area.

What makes the chef or dining program at The Glenn Hopkins exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Unidine, our on site dining service, makes everything from scratch at our community. The Terraces Assisted Living community members enjoy a selection of entrees at lunch and dinner to promote choice and an "Always Available" menu of lighter fare.

What safety features or security measures does The Glenn Hopkins offer to assisted living residents?

The building has controlled access on all exterior doors with them being locked 24/7. We have a Security Desk staffed 24/7. Front door cameras and garage door camera's provide additional monitoring. All the Terraces Assisted Living Exterior doors are alarmed at night to alert anyone passing in and out of the community. Residents have Emergency Pull cords in their apartments and have personal emergency pendants to call for assistance 24/7.

How does The Glenn Hopkins keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Regular Care Conferences, informal updates during family stopping by to visit, Monthly Newsletter, monthly or more frequent communications via email using Constant Contact to updated families.

If The Glenn Hopkins accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We welcome families to bring their pets to visit. Pets must have up to date shots and be on a leash. We do have a walking path and sitting areas in the backyard of our campus that has resident gardens, Willow pond, Weeping Willows and bench seats along the pathway.

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at The Glenn Hopkins. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The Towers Independent Living population is made up of about 68% female an d 32% male. There are many couples living together in the Towers Independent Living Community. The Towers Community members pursue a wide variety of social, recreational, spiritual, educational, creative and physically fit programs through our Community Life programs 6 days a week. Daily Mass in our dedicated Chapel and Weekly Interfaith are offered through our Full Time Pastoral Care Staff.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Orchestra Hall, many area churches, Hopkins Center for the Arts, Hennepin County Library, variety of restaurants, Shady Oak Beach and park, Lake Minnetonka, variety of Museums, Theatre (Guthrie, Chanhassen Dinner Theatre, Old Log Theatre + more), St. Paul Chamber Orchestra,

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at The Glenn Hopkins has organized?

"Music Man" Musical at Chanhassen Dinner Theatre, Lunch at Outback Steakhouse, Festival of Lights in viewing Christmas Light Shows in the area, Breakfast Outing

What transportation services does The Glenn Hopkins offer to independent living residents?

Group Transportation 5 days per week for grocery shopping, department store shopping, dining, arts/entertainments, scenic drives and cultural programs including museums. There is a group Medical Shuttle Bus that goes out 2x per month. Full time Resident Services Coordinator works with residents and families to provide reliable, insured and reputable transportation resources of area providers.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Salon, Coffee Nook, Patio overlooking Willow Pond & 7 mile walking path, Theatre Room, Chapel, Fireside Room, Dining Room, Party Room, Library, Gift Shop, Fitness Center.

What safety features or security measures does The Glenn Hopkins offer to independent living residents?

Front Desk is staff 24/7, community members have 2 Emergency Pull Cords in apartment with 24/7 Emergency Response, daily "I'm Okay" Wellness Check, Exterior Doors are controlled access and locked 24/7.

Does The Glenn Hopkins work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Towers Independent Living has a Full Time Social Worker that provides support for planning as health, emotional and financial needs change. Towers Residents can open to in house homecare services with up to 4 scheduled services per day between 7:00 AM - 11:00 PM. Towers Independent Living have options to access primary care services through Twin Cities Physicians and receive primary care visits in their home. Dr. Ordered Medicare Therapies can be arranged on site. Odom Health & Wellness Rehabilitation services are on site to provide Occupational, Physical and Speech Therapies.

What safety features or security measures does The Glenn Hopkins provide to protect residents who wander?

Our Willows and Ponds Memory Care Neighborhoods are secure. Community members living in the Ponds and Willows wear a Wanderguard alert system. Care Plans are updated with wander risk and mitigations and staff are educated. All memory care residents are escorted with staff or family when leaving the Ponds or Willows neighborhoods.

The Director of Homecare (RN, BSN) does an initial assessment prior to move in, update at the time of move in and ongoing evaluation with every 90 days reassessing care plan, interventions and cognitive functioning. Significant change in health will prompt a cognitive evaluation review also.

What techniques does The Glenn Hopkins use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

The Ponds and Willows neighborhoods have their own dedicated dining room coming together for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Staff (Dining Services, Homecare, Community Life, etc.) are present at all meal times to assist with serving, providing feeding assistance or verbal or physical cues to assist the resident with maximum independence and intake. Depending on needs of the resident, meals are offered 1 course or component at a time and likes and dislikes are gathered from Life Story (Social History) intake. Ongoing evaluation of resident needs at meal times provides opportunities to rearrange seating to accommodate social, independent diners with each other and smaller tables for those needing more assistance and staff interaction during meal times.

How does The Glenn Hopkins keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Formal Quarterly Care Conferences and significant change conferences as needed, informal updates when families are visiting and check in with nursing, phone calls and emails to update regularly about any changes, Monthly community newsletter, Facebook Page and Email Blast updates using Constant Contact for general updates for families.

Describe the neighborhood around The Glenn Hopkins. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

The Glenn Hopkins continuum care community sits of 14 acres of green space and natural beauty. Tucked in the southwest corner of the city of Hopkins, the community is nestled in a residential neighborhood of townhomes and multifamily living homes with mature trees and open spaces.

Is The Glenn Hopkins affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

The Glenn Hopkins is conveniently located near Methodist/Park Nicollet Hospital System, Fairview Hospital System, Hennepin County Medical Center (HCMC), Abbott Northwestern and North Memorial.

Costs for The Glenn Hopkins

Photos of The Glenn Hopkins

Services and Amenities of The Glenn Hopkins

• Fee Structure Extra: Entry Fee Cost : $2000

• Companion Suites: No

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

About The Glenn Hopkins

Close the door to the hassles of homeownership and open a new one to the fully equipped senior lifestyle of The Glenn Hopkins. We take care of the maintenance while you enjoy life in this quiet, relaxed and comfortable community. At The Glenn Hopkins, you have the freedom to grow and discover during this gracious season of mature life. Our vibrant Catholic senior community is located on 14 rolling acres of land in beautiful Hopkins, Minnesota. You will enjoy the natural beauty and feel of living in the country combined with the convenience of being just minutes away from virtually everything the Twin Cities has to offer.

Long term employees providing personalized care, along with ongoing personal relationships with residents and families. We offer abundant outdoor/green space. We offer spiritual support with 2 chapels, daily masses and a pastoral care team.

Map of The Glenn Hopkins