The Glenn Hopkins

Independent Living Reviews for The Glenn Hopkins

August 18, 2017

By Cory Czepa

Other

We work with hundreds of locations across 15 different states with our wellness program and The Towers of The Glenn Hopkins has one of most fun and energetic groups that take our classes. The building as a whole is so beautiful and clean and the staff are so helpful. The residents are very personable and it feels like your right at home after walking into The Towers of The Glenn Hopkins. Thank you so much for being one of the best senior communities that we work with. Cory Czepa

October 24, 2016

By Tom 52

My Mom and Dad recently moved to the Glenn in Hopkins and their overall experience has been exceptional. The staff has been great every step of the way from the first orientations, the move in process and now the continuing support of helping Mom and Dad settle into their new home and life style. Honestly I do not think the whole process and transition could have gone any better... Many thanks to all...

October 22, 2016

By Meg H.

Our family has had an Aunt and Uncle,Aunt and now my parents who are currently living at The Glenn Hopkins.There were many reasons why our family continued to choose this senior community.The most important one is that the staff has a great deal of compassion for its residents.They have helped us in so many ways.When you or someone in your family is looking to move into a new community, spend some time at The Glenn. Hopefully you will see and experience what our family has at the The Glenn .

August 01, 2016

By Paulscott

My parents were introduced to The Towers at The Glenn-Hopkins in 2013. They lived there for several months and then it became necessary to move them to The Terraces. As they were both approaching their nineties, their daily needs demanded additional services from the train staff at The Glenn. Our family enjoyed having dad at The Glenn, where 17 family members could visit him often. We lost him just this past April. The Glenn provided superior care. While he participated on his own, he enjoyed the many activities that are offered. He enjoyed being involved with the men's group, daily Mass, playing bingo and as a retired farmer, he loved his mealtimes. After dad passed away my mother decided to move to a one bedroom apartment. She has continued to enjoy the same activities as my dad did, especially the coffee nook. The Glenn provides a very safe and nurturing environment for her. If you are considering The Glenn-Hopkins for your loved one, you will be very pleased.

July 27, 2016

By Edith Clark

I moved to The Glenn 2 years ago, long before I expected to need their services, but at 84, and with 8 children, I thought it best to decide "what shall we do with Mother" if I became unable to decide myself in the future. I do use the shuttle that seems to go somewhere every day. But I'm independent enough to use the city bus system to get anywhere I want to go. I can't say enough good things about the staff and the residents are friendly, going out of their way to befriend each other. I came here from Elk River (which now seems so far away) and delight in the closeness of theaters and events in Minneapolis-St Paul. The city of Hopkins has been a revelation to me. This tiny town has kept its small town feel yet has a movie, an art center with a theater for concerts and plays of all sorts, some really good restaurants, a full line grocery, a branch of the Hennepin County library and many antique and other retail stores. (Our building has its own library, too, with large-print books delivered by Hennepin Co every quarter and hundreds of our own books that residents are welcome to borrow. And it's open 24 hours a day!) There is a Catholic Church in Hopkins,too, but we have our own chapel where Mass is celebrated almost every day. Before I moved here I toured six other facilities and it was without a second thought that I chose The Glenn.

July 04, 2015

It was very institutionalized. We really did not take a tour. We walked in to set up the tour, and we did not like going back because of the way we were treated. It was unwelcoming. There had a security guard sitting there which kind of made me a little nervous. It looked like it was beautiful, but not when you first walk in.

June 26, 2014

By Bosephus

Great facility, good caring staff. I have been there visiting once or twice a week for past two years and it is always clean and well maintained. The downside is the Gentle Touch medical support staff-a disappointment with their lack of professionalism and high price.

August 19, 2013

By Shirley24

It was a very nice facility. I was quite impressed. The staff was good. But they did not had a pool and my dad needed one for his water aerobics. They didn't have all the criteria that I was looking for.

June 26, 2013

By caring0390

We visited and we liked it except its location seems to be isolated. The rooms were fine and their staff seemed nice.

July 02, 2012

By welterlm

This new facility is very well done. The Glenn has all the features a to make the place inviting for senior independent living. The grounds are beautiful. The opportunities on campus are varied enough to accommodate many different interests. Yet there is a grocery store and restaurants just a short walk a way. My 88 year old parents moved to the Glenn recently. The staff have gone out of their way to be helpful. The dining staff are always friendly. My parents are independent at this time. It has eased any concerns that I have had about their future living arrangements. I know that if they will need assisted living arrangements it will be a smooth transition to accommodate them.

May 24, 2011

By slclynn

It is a newer facility in the city of Hopkins. When you initially step inside you notice the rich décor and light bright facility with plenty of windows. This is a Catholic faith based residential facility but they welcome seniors of all religions. Residents I visited there loved the gorgeous flower gardens, and the fact that pastoral care was available onsite. They felt as though they were treated with respect, and loved the fact that they could live independently while having the security of knowing that staff was available when they needed it. This is a gorgeous facility with many acres of scenic land, yet convenient to shopping. Hopkins is a very safe community with a low crime rate according to local crime reports. This is an A+ community that I would highly recommend to anyone looking for high quality placement for their senior family member. Residents who I visited stated they were grateful that the facility is so affordable.

Costs for The Glenn Hopkins

Photos of The Glenn Hopkins

Services and Amenities of The Glenn Hopkins

• Fee Structure Extra: Entry Fee Cost : $2000

• Companion Suites: No

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

About The Glenn Hopkins

Close the door to the hassles of homeownership and open a new one to the fully equipped senior lifestyle of The Glenn Hopkins. We take care of the maintenance while you enjoy life in this quiet, relaxed and comfortable community. At The Glenn Hopkins, you have the freedom to grow and discover during this gracious season of mature life. Our vibrant Catholic senior community is located on 14 rolling acres of land in beautiful Hopkins, Minnesota. You will enjoy the natural beauty and feel of living in the country combined with the convenience of being just minutes away from virtually everything the Twin Cities has to offer.

Long term employees providing personalized care, along with ongoing personal relationships with residents and families. We offer abundant outdoor/green space. We offer spiritual support with 2 chapels, daily masses and a pastoral care team.

Map of The Glenn Hopkins