Brookdale Utica (Memory Care) Utica, MI

Offers Memory Care

45959 North Pointe Boulevard, Utica, MI 48315
Brookdale Utica (Memory Care) (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Brookdale Utica (Memory Care)

Memory Care Reviews for Brookdale Utica (Memory Care)

November 18, 2021

By Charlotte's daugher

We placed our beloved mom Charlotte in Brookdale Memory Care in Utica, MI on Valentine's Day, 2020. She was two months short of 97 and healing from a broken collar bone. Choosing Brookdale was THE BEST DECISION OUR FAMILY MADE FOR OUR PRECIOUS MOTHER. The rooms were always clean and well-maintained, the food was excellent - as our mom was thriving - but most importantly, the staff treated Charlotte like she was their own mother/grandmother. We visited at least four to five times a week - at different times - on different days - and we were always pleasantly surprised to see that our mom was so well cared for. She lived an additional twenty months - because of the excellent care she received from Brookdale. At the end, as she became more weak, they made sure she ate - they hand fed her - and they always made her look beautiful - dressing her up, fixing her hair, putting on her jewelry - and this was extremely important to Charlotte. We would highly recommend Brookdale- to people who realize that THE STAFF is the most important component in senior care. Anyone looking for an outstanding, phenomenal staff - people who are competent, compassionate, and energetic- should consider this facility. Our beloved mom passed away one month ago - after spending twenty months at Brookdale Memory Care in Utica, MI - and we know she had these extra twenty months - BECAUSE OF THE CARING SHE RECEIVED 24/7 THROUGHOUT HER TIME THERE.

November 13, 2021

By Rebecca Leah

WOW! What an amazing community. The tenure in this community is impressive and speaks volumes. The care my aunt receives is top notch and is done in caring and compassionate way that still provides dignity to her. I LOVE the staff and feel that they truly care and put their resident's first. I would highly recommend this community to anyone who wants a safe, home-like environment with great care for their loved one. Thank you Brookdale of Utica! -The Leah family

February 23, 2021

By JanEBoz

My mother received excellent, loving care from the staff at Brookdale’s Memory Care Facility. Because of Covid 19 I was unable to visit but the activities director was great about getting me time with her on FaceTime. All of my mothers needs were met to the satisfaction of myself and my sisters.

February 03, 2021

By Jean Calvert

Our Dad was at Brookdale Utica Memory Care for 2 years. During that time, his caretakers and entire staff not only treated him with respect, but also like family. Everyone was always friendly with Dad and all of us during our visits. The staff was very accommodating for any requests we had to help make Dad comfortable. We would highly recommend Brookdale Utica to anyone seeking a family oriented facility.

February 02, 2021

By lab1

My dad was in the Memory Care unit. He received excellent personal care. They responded quickly when he needed assistance. He was allowed to sit outside when he wanted to and take in the sunshine. His room was comfortable and the whole facility was warm and welcoming. (It has recently been renovated.). His main caregiver treated him like he was a member of her own family. Throughout the Covid restrictions we felt comfortable that dad was getting good care. And Brookdale was able to set up outdoor visits during the indoor restrictions. That meant the world to us family members!

August 07, 2020

By LauraRoscoe

To say that I recommend Brookdale Clare Bridge Utica is an understatement! My mom has been residing at Brookdale Utica 2 1/2 years. She stayed in the Assisted Living building for 1 year, where her care was excellent and she was encouraged to take part in a lot of fun activities. For the last year and a half she's been in the Memory care building. Having to have mom in memory care is a difficult decision, but the wonderful staff has made this an easy transition. She is in a shared room and it has been a pleasant experience. Mom has her own personal things around her and that helps her to feel right at home. Caregivers treat each residents as if they were their own parent. Each caregiver that I see with mom is so caring and uplifting. They are constantly checking in on mom and making sure that all her needs are met. It's easy to see how much love and respect they give to each of the residents. During this time of Covid the staff has gone above and beyond to keep resident comfortable and to do everything to keep the families connected (FaceTime) to their love ones. When we researched a place for mom we had many options, I'm so glad we chose Brookdale Utica. The staff has done everything in their power to confirm that moving mom into Brookdale was the right decision,making a hard season of life easier and with so much care and respect. I know we made the right decision

January 19, 2019

By Ruth

Brookdale Utica was fairly new and well staffed, but it had a nursing home concept. I didn't see a lot of young vibrant seniors there. They had a Christmas sing-along when I was there and they had people eating lunch. It was very well run. The staff answered all my questions and the tour was great. It just didn't seem like a good fit for us.

March 31, 2016

By Bill123058350

Brookdale Utica had rooms open and available, so they showed us a two-person room and a one-person room. They have a bus to take you to activities.

November 30, 2015

My mom is currently at Clare Bridge of Utica. The staff is good, helpful, and very accommodating, especially when my mom moved in. The place is very clean, too. My mom is now sharing a room with another person. I like that each of them has their own bed, dresser, and closet. They share a nice, large bathroom, too. She has help from the staff when using restroom facilities. What concerns me is that they don't have many activities for the residents. Overall, everything in the place is adequate.

April 08, 2015

By Missing Mom and Dad

Excellent patient care. Friendly, loving well trained staff. Clean, safe and a quality facility. We had my parents in several places that offered memory care, but truly did not. Finally found Clare Bridge and it was a life saver. This facility knows exactly how to care for ALZ patients with dignity and respect while meeting all of their needs. Highly recommend.

April 23, 2014

By Beth18

I visited Clare Bridge of Utica, and it is a nice community. The staff are nice. Me and my parents had lunch there, and the food is good. When I was there, they were doing kickball, and so I did see that. They told me that the day before, the Tiger's game had been on and a group of them had been watching.

March 20, 2014

I didn't like that Clare Bridge had separate buildings. They expected people to go back and forth between the two buildings for some activities. To me, going across the parking lot was dangerous. Once they showed me how it was setup between the two places, I just wasn't impressed. Maybe I just tuned them out or I wasn't impressed. This isn't the place I want to be. It doesn't matter what the floor plan is, it's not right. They needed to be together, like one building for the whole thing instead of two. I don't want a parking lot between them. But the staff was really nice.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns about Clare Bridge of Utica. It sounds like you were given a tour of both our Clare Bridge memory care community and our Wynwood of Utica assisted living community which are located very close to each other. Both are completely self-contained and residents do not go back and forth between the communities. Please be assured that the safety and well-being of our residents is our first priority and we share their concerns as well as the concerns of their families. We’re delighted that you thought our staff was really nice and hope you will call us at 877-400-5296 to discuss your concerns in greater detail.

August 14, 2013

By Michelle29

My father is now at Clare Bridge of Utica and they are taking extremely good care of him. They are fabulous.

July 08, 2012

By MissMom&Dad

Excellent facility. My parents were residents in 2008-2009. Excellent caring staff. Treated the residents with kindness and compassion. Treated my parents like they were their own family members. Clean environment. Residents were very well cared for. I would highly recomend this facility to all who need care for their loved ones who are experiencing memory loss of any kind. The staff at Clare Bridge truly knows exactly what care is needed for patients with memory loss and the symptoms/complications associated with ALZ and such. Highly recommend.

May 08, 2012

In the last 16 months I have moved my husband four times. I'm delighted to say that I have found the most wonderful facility where people care and love their residents. The food is absolutely wonderful, and they make sure your loved one gets as much as they want. Besides being a nice looking housing space, it's clean and well cared for. My husband has only been at Clare Bridge one week, but he is already looking better. I know this will be his permanant home.
See all Memory Care reviews (23) See fewer reviews

Photos of Brookdale Utica (Memory Care)

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Utica (Memory Care)

• Features Extra: Fitness Room/Gym

• Nurse On Staff: Onsite 24/7

• Activities Extra: Computer Class

• Home Sale Assistance
  • Financial Aid

• Staff Patient Ratio: 5 6 To 1

• Licenses: HFA
  • State Licenses: AH500236938

About Brookdale Utica (Memory Care)

At Brookdale Utica we know that memory losses due to Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia are progressive and residents' needs are continually changing. That's why we provide balance in our residents' capabilities, personalities, and preferences to create daily routines that enhance their spirits and increase their sense of purpose. We believe the amount of satisfaction our Alzheimer's and dementia care residents receive from the tasks that fill their days goes a long way to maintaining their sense of purpose and overall satisfaction with life. An integral part of this is our promise to encourage each resident to find Daily Moments of Success. To help our residents achieve these moments, our associates receive the tools and training needed in such key areas as specialized dining and the ongoing monitoring of healthcare and behavioral needs, to name a few.

We provide Alzheimer's and dementia care residents with the lifestyle, housing, and services they need in comfortable surroundings combined with the amenities, programs, and care to help stimulate recognition, recall, and wellness in a safe environment. Through years of caring for individuals with dementia, our professional care staff has learned to create optimal surroundings and approaches to care. Familiar environments that our residents have enjoyed throughout their lives are recreated to help them feel reassured and comfortable. The Alzheimer's and dementia care programs at Brookdale Utica are built to embrace, not restrict our residents' desire to wander and to provide a sense of belonging.

Map of Brookdale Utica (Memory Care)

Brookdale Utica (Memory Care)