University Living

Reviews of University Living

Assisted Living Reviews for University Living

January 19, 2016

By Loving Daughter25

I liked that University Living was very clean, had activities going on, and the people I saw seemed happy and involved in activities. I liked that it went from assisted living through memory care. I was concerned for my dad because he has memory issues, so that’s one of the things I was looking for. It seemed like the care was very good there, and the residents seemed very happy. There were activities to help with memory because they specialized in memory care. The people there were very helpful, answered any questions I had, and if they didn’t have an answer, they got back to me right away after they’ve found an answer.

October 27, 2015

By Sister4

My brother is in University Living, and it's all very nice. They're very beautifully decorated and kept very clean. They have an exercise room, physical therapy, game room, pool table, jigsaw puzzles, movies, and a whole lot of things going on. I would recommend this community to other people.

September 07, 2015

My relative is in University Living for about three months. I like the caring community. I think it is well rounded and efficiently run, and their group is young. I will recommend it to others. They have quite a bit of activities. They have outdoor swimming, and they take them outside by bus.

October 31, 2014

By Marilyn33

University Living was very good. Rooms - fair to middle. There were activities there.

Thank you for taking the time to visit University Living! If there is ever anything we can do to assist you and your family, please do not hesitate to contact us.

June 30, 2014

By Laura37

I guess the bottom line is that they have had a lot of activities that we felt my aunt would get involved and be active. She says right now, she's complaining that it's not how it was in the beginning. But I think a lot of that is because she doesn't want to be there, and she wants to be at home. I tried the food at least once when we initially moved her in. The food looks pretty good.

August 21, 2012

By Y-Bortz2

This is one of the best Facilities I've ever experienced. The staff is friendly, the facility is clean. It's an updated facility. It reminds me of a club, or an upscale retirement home. I've been to a few nursery homes, and this one is different from any home I've ever been in. The food looks like something anyone would eat. It's always energetic, and clean. The only negative I have about this Facility is that its's a little expensive. But, this facility has memory programs, fitness programs, and independent living. This facility even has a hair salon! Hands down the best Nursing home I've ever seen, or been in. If you step inside this building it'll remind you that you're in Ann Arbor; very upscale. The whole time my family member lived there, there was never anything that came up missing. The residents always seem satisfied, and up-beat. My Great Great Auntie always had a smile on her face when we came to visit. She never had anything bad to say about the staff, or the facility. I highly recommend University Senior Living, it's worth the price.

July 30, 2012

By gaskilla

University Living, in my opinion, was excellent, as far as assisted living facilities go. The staff was caring and friendly with the residents, and we rarely had any concerns regarding them, nor their availability when we needed assistance in any way. I also like that the facility had several enriching activities and programs for interested seniors (including current events classes/discussions and of course, regular Bingo and other games), and that they have a "gym" area for physical therapy and general working out. They seemed very focused on the physical as well as the mental and social aspects of elderly life, and that was really refreshing to see.

July 09, 2012

By My Happiness

About four years ago I started looking for a place for my mom. The facility fit her very nicely. It had a more modern look for her and everyone was very nice. The activities, food and staff was a good fit. If I had any questions they were addressed promptly. What I liked the most is I could come and go whenever I wanted. This was her home with no "visiting" times. As time went by I felt like part of a larger family. Another difference was having college students who came in to volunteer with the residents and all the outside musical groups that would perform for all. It was a very good choice for our family. I would highly recommend University Living.

July 05, 2012

By spark1

Good amenities. Decor was slightly out dated but the place was kept up nicely and to high standards. Lots of social programs and activities for residents. Good community-outing opportunities. There seemed to be a lack of activity on the "dementia care/memory care" unit as compared to the rest of the facility.

July 05, 2012

By LinCM

This is the 2nd assisted living facilities we stayed in AA. We chose University Living after carefully selections and several onsite visits by our family. This place is not "cheap" but it has adequate and well scheduled and managed care service staff. The foods here are very good and provides good menu selections. Being an architect/planner myself, I was surprised the entire facility is very well designed and functional. With my own critical eyes, I can not make any suggestions for improvements.

June 06, 2012

By Kate Thomas

We were impressed with University Living from the moment we had contact with their Marketing Director. From that day on and for the next 5 years they were accommodating, compassionate, proactive, personable and highly professional. From the Directors to the Care Staff, from the Nurses to the Food Servers, to the Administration and the House Keeping, they cared about their residents. Mum could be a handful. She was a strong personality and a bit of a "collector". No matter how difficult the situation became, they never lost sight of her individual needs and desires. So many kind and thoughtful acts were initiated to promote her health, happiness and well being it is hard to list them all. Mum ending up having to move out a couple of times for hospitalizations and rehab, but we always brought her back home because we knew UL was the finest care we could provide for her in SE Michigan. I can recommend University Living with out hesitation. Professionally I perform Animal Assisted Therapy so we have been in every nursing home and assisted living facility within 30 miles. UL is our top choice for loved ones.

June 12, 2011

By StoopWel

Friend or relative of resident

My grandmother lived at this facility for over 2 years. She was diagnosed with alzheimer's several years prior, and we were desperately seeking a place where her condition could be tolerated. This living area was very homely in the respect that the furniture was up to date, the meals were provided with a tasteful air, and all the other seniors lodging there seemed relatively tranquil. The main drawback with this place was the monthly cost and the heckling presented concerning my grandmother's disposition. Indeed, she wasn't the easiest person to have roaming the hallways, but the staff seemed overtly critical in regards to someone who had a severe case of dementia and who recently lost her husband due to the same ailments. After two years, we had to move her out of the living facility. However, they provided enough patience during this time for me not to feel entirely resentful over the situation. In short: not the best, but not the worst.

Questions about University Living

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at University Living. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

87 Activities including, music and art, also enjoying the rich culture provided in Ann Arbor and on the Uof M campus.

What programs or activities does University Living offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Fitness center with classes offered 6 times per week and led by a certified personal trainer with over 10 years at University Living. Outings to local restaurants, theaters, concerts, and shopping.

What places are near University Living or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

University Living is close to Briarwood Mall, The Big House, (University of Michigan Football Stadium), as well as restaurants and markets.

What transportation services does University Living offer to assisted living residents?

We offer transportation 2 times per week.

How does University Living keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We communicate with our families on a regular basis over the phone, via email and in person.

If University Living accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We have a fenced-in courtyard for residents to enjoy with their pets.

What safety features or security measures does University Living provide to protect residents who wander?

University Living has cameras throughout the community as well as a secure memory care neighborhood.

What programs or activities does University Living offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

We work closely with family and friends to gather information about the residents past. That information is documented and shared with the team so they can engage the residents' long-term memories.

Our Wellness Director assesses a resident prior to their move to University Living. The assessment is repeated every 6 months.

What techniques does University Living use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Our residents enjoy a calm and intimate dining experience with the care staff at tableside.

How does University Living keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Through our Nursing Department

Describe the neighborhood around University Living. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other types of locale? University Living is located in a business district with physician offices, shopping, restaurants, and markets nearby.

Costs for University Living

Photos of University Living

Services and Amenities of University Living

• Fee Structure Extra: $2800 Community Fee Mc Is All Inclusive Al Is Rent+Care

• Companion Suites: Companion Suites In Mc

• Dining Extra: Dining Experiences Include Buffet, Restaurant Style, Open Dining, And Finger Foods, As Well As Snacks, Nutritional Needs Are Carefully Considered And Accommodated

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed.

• State Licenses: AH810245460

About University Living

University Living in Ann Arbor is a 79-apartment senior living community that was intentionally designed to meet the unique needs of older adults. With both assisted living and memory care services, residents have their choice of purposefully designed studio, one-bedroom, and two-bedroom private apartments, which include full bathroom, kitchenette, emergency call response, fire safety system, and individualized heating and cooling. The building also features a beautiful dining room, ground level courtyard, full-service salon, computer room, fitness center, on-site rehabilitation center, and much more.

Our Services:

In addition to our purposefully designed private apartments, Provision Living’s amenities include restaurant-style dining with three delicious meals daily; weekly apartment housekeeping; weekly linen and laundry services; trained staff on-site 24 hours each day; assistance with daily life tasks such as dressing, bathing, and mobility; medication management and administration; and social events and activities for individuals and groups.

Our pricing resembles a monthly lease, like an apartment, based on the specific unit style. There are no long-term leasing commitments and no restrictive buy-in fees required to live at this community. Our inclusive pricing model helps older adults and their families confidently plan for the cost associated with senior living services. Contact us for more information on current pricing.

Our services and amenities are designed to ensure our residents are able to to enjoy a comfortable, worry-free lifestyle. Our dedicated staff are on-site and available 24/7 to meet all of our residents’ needs.

Map of University Living