The Charleston Senior Community

Reviews of The Charleston Senior Community

Assisted Living Reviews for The Charleston Senior Community

April 17, 2020

By K.I.M.

My father loves all of the activities like the exercise classes and the Dominos games. He also enjoys all of the concerts. When we first strongly suggested that it was time for him to move from his home to an assisted living, he was very resistant and depressed. Within a few months he began to see that it was a great place for him to be.

July 22, 2019

By Jane

My mother-in-law is in the Charleston Senior Community. She is adjusting so well, and we're very pleased about that. They're learning what her needs are, she loves her room, it's clean, it's comfortable, she has as much as she can bring from home there, and she's very pleased. She has gone out on a trip to the store, she goes to happy hour, bingo, and she goes outside to sit and watch the traffic and the people. I haven't seen an attitude in any of the staff members. They're all very kind, and they speak to you. We're very pleased with them.

April 02, 2018

By Andrea

My mom moved into The Charleston. It's very nice and nicely decorated. The staff is very friendly and all my mom's needs are being met. They have outings where they take them out to lunch, or on shopping trips, and arts and crafts, which my mom likes doing. They're also planning to do some gardening when the weather gets better. The dining area is beautiful. My mom has mentioned that the food is quite good and that she enjoys it.

September 18, 2017

By Tammy

We chose The Charleston Senior Community for my husband because it was closer to our location. The people are very nice and kind. He's been there for a few weeks now and we really enjoy it. The amenities are really nice. They have a movie theater inside, game rooms, a swimming pool, taverns, and a dining room. The staff is really caring, very kind, and very helpful. At this point, I don't have any complaints. He loves the food. I've eaten there once and the food is good. You can pretty much eat anything throughout the day until about 8:00 or 9:00, then they have a little store afterwards as well. They have great activities. They have morning workouts, lunch out once a week, shopping on Fridays to Wal-Mart or somewhere like that, bible study that comes in, they bring in puppies, and they have music that comes in. The price is really good. I would consider it to be affordable for what it is. The facility is very nice. The rooms are spacious, and the place is always very clean. It's a great place.

April 14, 2017

By Valerie751135

The Charleston Senior Community was nice, but it was just too expensive, and my sister cannot afford it. The lower level was nice. The floor that I went to where the memory care was wasn’t all that great. The building needed some repair, but it was clean. The room was fine, a little bland, but perhaps once a person moves in, they could jazz it up to make it feel a little home-like. Overall, it was alright. They have some scheduled activities, and they have an area where they do things. It was a nice facility, but their cost was too high.

Thank you for taking the time to visit us here at The Charleston Senior Community. We appreciate feedback from anyone who comes to take a tour. I understand the concern regarding cost, but as a private pay community, we are the lowest priced Assisted Living in the area. Our memory care unit is designed for residents who require additional care due to advancing dementia or Alzheimer's. Both our Memory Care and Assisted have packed activity schedules daily. If you are interested in seeing more, please visit our site at thecharlestonwaldorf.com and we also post them each month on our facebook page. All of our rooms are ready and waiting for residents to move in and decorate to their own style and taste, much like any apartment. Thank you again for visiting,

November 22, 2016

By Lydia652633

My parents moved to The Charleston. It looks like a high-end hotel with a movie theater, a fitness center, and a bar. They have crafts and activities, and a game room with electronic activities as well as puzzle and other games. They have a porch area that the residents can grow plants on if they like. They have daily activities, church, and people who come in and play on the piano. The staff is wonderful, very quick in responding, and do everything they can to accommodate the residents. I will highly recommend it to anybody who is trying to take their parents to an assisted living facility.

November 05, 2016

By Grandchild5

I toured the Charleston with my mom on behalf of my grandmother. The staff was exceptional and made us feel very welcomed. We were also so pleased with the rate as they were better than any other assisted livings in the area! We ultimate ended up picking the Charleston and my grandmother could not be happier! Highly recommend!!

June 10, 2016

By Allan688448

The tour was very good at The Charleston. I really like them. It was my first choice. The price was excellent, and the rooms were a very nice size. The dining area was also very nice and had an excellent chef. They had a lot of activities and a lot of amenities. Everything was pretty good. They’re in a very good location.

February 17, 2016

By James119831850

I really liked The Charleston. It was very nice. The rooms were spacious. They appeared to be safe, and they were very nice. They had feeding areas, a movie theater, activity rooms, a swimming pool, and an exercise room. The staff was very nice.

Costs for The Charleston Senior Community

Payment options

• Check

• State Licenses: 08AL0144

About The Charleston Senior Community

There comes a time in life when those we love need more assistance than before. And after everything they have given to others, they certainly deserve the best retirement lifestyle possible. Apartments at The Charleston are specially designed for those who may need assisted living support on a regular basis. We offer a wide variety of services that make day-to-day living easier, including delicious meals, housekeeping, laundry and linen services, urgent response systems, transportation and more. And in cases where memory care is required, The Charleston is designed to fully meet the changing needs of its residents with cognitive impairments. For Individuals with Alzheimer’s and Dementia-related illnesses.

An intimate neighborhood benefiting individuals with various degrees of Alzheimer’s and Dementia-related illnesses. Trained staff assist residents in a program that caters to their individual needs. Residents can enjoy all the benefits of Charleston living in a safe and secure environment. Memory Care at The Charleston Senior Community features affordable private and companion memory care suites with tailored lifestyles to maximize independence in a secure environment.

Map of The Charleston Senior Community