Brookdale Hagerstown

Reviews of Brookdale Hagerstown

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Hagerstown

December 06, 2017

By Mltucker

My uncle lived in this community for over 12 years. A month or so ago, we had to move him to a nursing home and it was very sad. Our family misses the staff at this community and how they always went out of their way and understood all of his quirks. They are very caring and took very good care of him. He is not always the easiest person to get along with. I recommend this community. If I ever need assisted living it is where I will be going.

February 10, 2017

By LylaG

BEWARE: Nursing staff are dangerously incompetent. The place smells like urine and the staff are rude.

We appreciate you sharing your concerns with us. Please be assured the safety and well-being of our residents is our first priority and we share their concerns as well as the concerns of their loved ones. We would welcome an opportunity to discuss it with you personally and hope you will call us at 877-400-5296.

January 17, 2017

By Love horses

When first entering this facility you think - wow, this is really nice - until you have to your their area for dementia residents - terrible urine odor, dirty, residents unkempt, residents with suspicious looking "sores" on their arms, etc. While the regular units appear okay, their dementia residents live in filth - after touring, decided no one in my family is going there! Awful

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We would like to learn more about your experience, and hope you will call us at 877-400-5296 to discuss in greater detail.

September 19, 2016

By Ruth563251

Brookdale was nice; the people and ambience were nice too.

May 10, 2016

By Barbara124269250

Brookdale Hagerstown was the best fit for my friend from all the places that we went. It has a rom that is just right for her. The place allowed a glass of wine with doctor’s approval. They have a patio where you could go out and smoke. Those features were very important for her. The staff were knowledgeable and gave us the information we needed.

March 15, 2016

By Pamela43

Brookdale Hagerstown was a pretty nice place. The thing I liked most about it was that you can get a one-bedroom apartment. They play bingo, have outings, and have a place to get your hair done. It was a bit cheaper compared to other facilities and had a really good menu. Overall, I liked this place.

October 29, 2015

By Debra113724550

Brookdale Hagerstown was very nice. There was a little misunderstanding of what was expected for the fees. We went to visit it, met one of the residents and talked, and my father decided not to go there. The staff seemed friendly enough. There weren’t very many things to do with people just sitting around where the front door was. That was it.

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

June 30, 2015

By Caring113199450

It is called Brookdale. I'd looked at three that were closest to where we live and there wasn't a lot of difference in any of them and this was the closest plus we have used them once before and that is why we chose them for my mother-in-law. Their menu was okay and their dining room was open style. Actually, they had the normal list of activities that the other places had. Personally, I cannot rate it any better or worse than the other two places that I visited. It is pretty much the same.

June 25, 2015

I have looked at three other nursing homes in our area, and it is the closest. We had also had used them in the past. Those were the two reasons why I chose this nursing home for my mother-in-law. The rooms were fine. They were pretty similar with the other places I looked at. I also tried eating there. They served good menus in an open style dining room. They had the normal list of activities such as bingos and trips. Even though my mother-in-law has not yet lived there, the community appears to be good enough.

October 22, 2014

By Carla14

The staff was very friendly and gracious. I had lunch with them, and the food was very good. It was clean, the residents looked happy to be there, and their attitude is happy. I was able to see a couple of rooms; it was well-kept and clean, and the assisted living quarters were clean and cheerful. Each of the doors were decorated so it felt homey. They were able to bring their own decorations to put in their rooms, they had scheduled activities, and the grounds are well-kept. I was there at lunch time, they had a calendar with the event, but I wasn’t there for any of those. The staff was very caring, and the person who assisted me was very personable and caring.

September 10, 2014

By Dereck

My mother is happy. We chose it because of the location, and the facility has a kind of modern setting. Everything seems to be good, and she complements the food a lot, so I think that is fine. The rooms are very spacious and that was another reason why we chose it. The staff seems to be pretty good. She has been there for two months, and we haven't had any complaints about the staff. They are all friendly and very professional. As far as I understand from my mother, the food is extremely good. She is really happy with the meal choices and things of that nature. They have the typical senior style activities on site, and they offer transportation to outside activities, which they do every other week. I liked the modern feel of the facility compared to other ones here in town, which kind of seem very dated or very small in room size and things of that nature.

August 29, 2014

By Louis6

Right now, my mom is here. The facility is close to where I am now. The price is reasonable and the staff seemed friendly. The room that she got was a nice room and it was clean. It had a good view. With the food, I can say its institutional food, but they do have options if you don’t want to eat what's on the menu. I like the staff and the place is very clean. It didn’t smell like some assisted living places do.

May 30, 2014

I am living in here. It is always clean. I like that people here look happy and satisfied. I have two rooms, a living room, a bedroom, a bathroom, and a little kitchenette. It doesn't have a stove, but it has a refrigerator and a sink. The food is kind of institution food. It is not bad, but it is not homemade food. The staff is trying to be very nice and pleasant.

February 24, 2014

Me and my brother visited. The facility is clean and very nice. They had a community and a dining room which are both very nice. The food is very good. They also have different activities like singing, dancing, and also some exercises. They also have someone that comes in and plays music. They also have games like bingo. Overall, it's a nice facility.

August 10, 2013

By Dennis9

It is a very nice and clean facility. All the residents seemed happy when I walked through. I love the rooms. Of all the ones I went to, they had the best rooms because they were very big and roomy. The place looks like a big office building. It's pretty and well designed, but it looks institutional.

Memory Care Reviews for Brookdale Hagerstown

• Memory Care Training

• Get Costs

About Brookdale Hagerstown

Amenities and Services
    • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
    • Medication management
    • Dining assistance and special diets
    • Assistance with reminders and redirection
    • Escorts and assistance with walking
    • Emergency response call system
    • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Map of Brookdale Hagerstown