Towne Centre

Reviews of Towne Centre

Assisted Living Reviews for Towne Centre

August 25, 2017

By Weidenaar

My mother is a resident here for the past 6 months. The entire staff here is amazing! They do a wonderful job and have so many activities! My mother was so hesitant and had such a hard time leaving her home but she is so happy here now and calls this her home <3 If your considering Towne Center for a loved one I would highly recommend it.

July 17, 2017

By Kathy

I saw Towne Center, it was older, but it was very well-kept and clean. The lady who took me around was absolutely wonderful. They had so many things going on.

May 31, 2017

By jackie822656

I liked Towne Centre. They offered a lot of things. The rooms and the dining area were very nice. The residents were very comfortable, and they seemed nice. The place was beautiful. It had a garden.

January 10, 2017

By Wanda257367

Towne Centre was very nice, very clean, and very friendly. They had a game room and a puzzle room. They had a little lounge where they make cookies and popcorn. They had a nice dining room and a very nice entry center that had a couch, a fireplace, and TVs. The rooms were very nice. The people there were very nice, very helpful, and courteous. When you walked in the door, it seemed like it was a more warm and friendly atmosphere. I think that they were much more reasonably priced. I was hoping to get my mother in there, but it didn’t work out. From other facilities that I have been to in the area, this facility was better.

November 24, 2016

By Melody257576

Towne Centre was clean, the staff was friendly, and I was informed that they had plenty of staff to attend to my parents. They had a lot of things that will attend to their needs. Families could come and visit. They had different sized rooms, and one of the rooms had 2-bedrooms and 2-bathrooms -- which I thought was a nice room -- but we could not afford that.

September 19, 2016

By Visitor746573

I was not impressed with Towne Centre, and it wasn’t what I was looking for. It wasn’t impressed by the people. The lady just kept saying how they were going to be making improvements in the future. She didn’t really talked about what they actually have there, and I didn’t really feel that she was impressed by what she currently had. They needed to be a little bit honest about it, and they wouldn’t even give me the rate structures. Everything was very secretive, and they didn’t seem to communicate with everything. The facility was fine; there was no problem with the lay out. I saw the dining area, and it looked fine. The room did not impress me; there was no central air conditioning. It was all individual air conditioning units.

August 22, 2016

By Gus868835

My sister was in Town Centre. I found it to be really nice and clean. Everybody who worked there was really nice. They followed-up on everything and it was easier for us to remove her, and they even gave me a credit from their balance that we had already paid up front. I really thought they were very good. The rooms were very spacious. She was in a pretty big studio that had a walk-in closet and big bathroom with a big shower. It was really nice. However, I thought the food was too basic. I did not know if they had more than one choice, but it seemed like everybody was eating the same thing. I got to interact with the director of the nurses, and she was very nice. I talked to the financial person, and she was very nice too. They had a regular doctor that came to visit. We had a lot of interaction with them. They kept in contact to what was going on and how they changed the medication.

August 22, 2016

By Linda152232

Towne Centre was clean, neat, and well-staffed. People were nice, and the food was great. The apartment was perfect because all he needed was a small bedroom and a little bit of room.

November 30, 2015

What I like most about Towne Centre is the location. The community is very clean. I like the dining area. When we visited the place, the staff were not very friendly. We stood there for quite sometime before someone approached us. But the gentleman was very helpful and caring. The entire facility is beautiful, warm, and inviting.

October 27, 2015

By Clara10

I visited Towne Centre for my relative. It was very pleasant. I was really impressed with it. They had plenty of activities. I was really in awe when I'd seen it.

October 05, 2015

By Barb33

Town Centre Retirement Community was very nice and very clean. It is only about 12 minutes away, and it’s not far from my uncle’s doctors. We like everything about it except that the front door does not stay locked; people can come in and out at anytime. I wouldn’t prefer that kind of situation for my uncle. The staff was very nice and very thorough. They invited us to a family night last week. They showed us 2 to 3 different styles of rooms that he could pick from, and everything was really nice. I would recommend them to be checked out by anybody.

September 29, 2015

My dad is at Towne Centre. He likes the activities that they do. They play bingo, and they have music there. People would come and play music too. They have movie night every night. My dad has been there for four years now.

September 01, 2014

By C.M.1

Very nice,clean. Staff was friendly. Studio apartment was a great size. I'm just not sure my mom can live independently.

June 30, 2014

By Joe37

Towne Centre is an apartment complex. The apartments are very nice, very roomy, and well maintained. It is close to shops and other services. They have very friendly staff. There are various activities. They have activities on-site as well as trips. They have music, church services, crafts, bingo, a walking club, and lunch and dinner out. They have a very reasonable price. I like its overall balance, and they do many things as well. I guess the only limitation is the menu in the restaurant because it is somewhat limited.

March 27, 2014

By Tammey1

We did a tour at Towne Center in Merrillville, and it?s a very nice facility. My mother really liked it, but she can't afford that. The staff are very nice, and the food is very good.

October 09, 2013

By Joy14

We toured Towne Centre Retirement Community and my mom liked it. It was clean and it smelled fresh. They had nice size apartments. However, the downfall was that they had a stove and I was concerned about the safety. They seemed to have a lot of social activities and the residents looked contented to be there.

December 16, 2011

By commercesd

We decided to visit Towne Centre Retirement Community since it is relatively close to our aunt's medical facility, St. Mary's. We like the area a lot "“ and there are plenty of affordable accommodations for family members who visit from out of town. We liked the vibe "“ it was friendly and casual, yet the business of taking care of those who needed it was being attended to. They have a number of options available, from spacious apartments, which our aunt is interested in "“ to smaller spaces that are easier to manage. Of course, there is plenty of staff to take care of basic needs and cleaning, etc., so even if you have a larger space, it should work out okay. Some of the residents, we were told, prefer a smaller dwelling. All of the areas were pleasant to be in and we could see that the residents thought so, too. The activites ranged from board games, to discussions, private reading and watching film and TV "“ some people were also using computers. The staff is well-versed at taking care of a variety of types of people, from those who are not ambulatory "“ to people who have memory issues. Our aunt is in the early stages of dementia "“ it comes and goes "“ so she needs to live in a place that can handle this. The grounds were spacious and well tended. The indoor areas were all clean and bright. There is plenty of sunlight so that they do not need to use lighting when it is sunny outside. This is true for many of the dwelling spaces, as well. Our aunt likes to make artwork, so the lighting is really appreciated. The activities they plan regularly include everything from visiting local restaurant favorites, the public library and movies "“ to day trips to nearby Chicago. They have planned exercise classes "“ but also offer residents to work out any time they wish. We liked that they encourage exercise "“ a people with early dementia can be forgetful. We are glad we took the time to look at this facility and it is in the running as one of the better ones we visited so far.

Memory Care Reviews for Towne Centre

Questions about Towne Centre

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Towne Centre. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

We have a vast range from 55 to 101!!! They enjoy the movie theater, the bistro as a gathering place, orgainized card, crafts and games activities.

What programs or activities does Towne Centre offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We have several exercise programs including Zumba, walking club, chair exercises , Chair Chi along with a fitness room. We also have a 3rd party out patient physical therapy group on site!

What places are near Towne Centre or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We are located on over 10 acres of beautifully landscaped grounds that the residents enjoy walking.

What transportation services does Towne Centre offer to assisted living residents?

Shopping trips, doctors appointments and various outings such as restaurants, local events and seasonal opportunities.

What makes the chef or dining program at Towne Centre exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Breakfast is ala carte with another option of a light buffet with selections that can be taken back to their apartments. Lunch and dinner specials are offered daily but there is an anytime menu with other selections available.

What safety features or security measures does Towne Centre offer to assisted living residents?

We have call pendants, our front desk is manned 24/7, all exterior doors are locked and visitors must enter the front doors and sign in and out.

How does Towne Centre keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

This is discussed during the care planning at lease signing tailored to family preferences.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Towne Centre during daytime and nighttime hours?

This is determined by care needs of residents.

If Towne Centre accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We accept cats and small dogs as long as they are not a problem for other residents. We have beautiful grounds that the dogs are free to be walked on leash.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Mandatory on going training.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

This is based on residents needs.

What safety features or security measures does Towne Centre provide to protect residents who wander?

We have a secure Memory Care and in one of our Assisted Living areas we do offer wonder guards.

What programs or activities does Towne Centre offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

We have a montly activity schedule that can be sent to families by request. Activities offered but not limited to include exercises, sing-a-longs, action games, bingo, trivia, story times and crafts Weather permitting we have a pavillion where these activities can take place along with gardening, picnics and walks.

Based on individual care plans. We have RN's on duty 24/7 along with visiting doctors.

What techniques does Towne Centre use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

This is based on individual residents needs.

How does Towne Centre keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Describe the neighborhood around Towne Centre. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

We have beautiful groomed grounds. Memory Care residents can see deer almost daily from either of the two sun rooms which overlook the grounds and adjoin the bordering woods.

Is Towne Centre affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Our 911 hospital is Southlake Methodist, we do try to accommodate personal preference in a non emergency situation.

Photos of Towne Centre

Services and Amenities of Towne Centre

About Towne Centre

Apartment Amenities

Towne Centre Living offers a number of studio, one- and two-bedroom apartment homes with amenities that center around resident's desires. Kitchens with full size appliances in our one and two-bedroom floor plans provide the ideal mix of convenience and luxury and allow residents the freedom to cook dinner for friends whenever they choose. The importance of safety is prevalent in all of our units, with emergency call buttons and response systems, smoke alarms, sprinkler systems and assist rails in bathrooms providing peace of mind for residents and their families. Our apartments are wheelchair accessible with wide entryways. The Centre offers comfort and privacy, too, with wall-to-wall carpet, cable TV access, individual climate controls and mini-blinds in windows. All utilities except telephone service are taken care of at our community.

Our main building boasts a beautiful atrium with interior balconies and lounges so residents can enjoy the outdoors - with the comforts of indoors - even in winter. A well-stocked library, TV lounge, coffee nook and movie theatre with big-screen TV are more areas where residents can enjoy camaraderie or just sit and reflect on life.

Musically inclined residents can gather around the grand piano and play their hearts out while others take a spin on the community's dance floor. Our large activities center provides areas for residents to gather to challenge their neighbors or family to card and board games. An on-site salon/barbershop, three restaurant-style meals served daily in our tastefully decorated dining room and wellness, walking, balance and exercise classes keep our residents looking and feeling healthy all year long.

Our pet-friendly community also offers housekeeping and laundry services, courtesy transportation to local shops, restaurants and medical appointments and access to the church or religious services.

Community Features

• 24-hour staffing
  • Three restaurant-style meals and snacks served daily
  • Large, elegant dining room with private dining available
  • Social, educational and recreational activities
  • Housekeeping and laundry services
  • Onsite beauty salon and barber
  • Scheduled courtesy transportation
  • Well-stocked library
  • Onsite therapy services
  • Lounge area with a big-screen TV
  • Activity center with games and billiards
  • Religious services
  • Dance floor and grand piano
  • Gift shop
  • Daily newspaper delivery available
  • Maintenance staff
  • on duty
  • Small pets welcome
  • Separate Memory Care Wing

Assisted Living and Memory Care Support Services

• 24- hour staffing
  • Care plans tailored to individual needs
  • Regular personal assessments
  • Medication administration
  • Medication management
  • Special nutritional counseling
  • Escort and transfer assistance*
  • Additional housekeeping & laundry
  • Bathing, dressing, and grooming assistance
  • Incontinence care
  • Standby shower assistance
  • Early stage or mild dementia care
  • Exercise programs
  • Wellness, walking, balance & exercise classes
  • Recreation & entertainment programming
  • Access to choice of home health agencies
  • 24-hour access to licensed nurses
  • *Assisted Living only

Respite Care and Support Services

Whether you are a patient recovering from a recent hospital stay or caregiver who needs a much-deserved break, the Respite Care program may be just the solution you need. Our program, based on availability and individual community services offered, provides a positive, vibrant environment for senior adults who may need some level of temporary support or monitoring in the absence of their normal caregivers through short-term stays, depending on individual needs. Through our Respite Care program, we can assist residents in regaining wellness and independence. Respite Care residents enjoy a temporary, spacious apartment with access to all of a community's services, amenities, and features.

Map of Towne Centre