Towne Centre

Reviews of Towne Centre

Assisted Living Reviews for Towne Centre

November 24, 2016

By Melody257576

Towne Centre was clean, the staff was friendly, and I was informed that they had plenty of staff to attend to my parents. They had a lot of things that will attend to their needs. Families could come and visit. They had different sized rooms, and one of the rooms had 2-bedrooms and 2-bathrooms -- which I thought was a nice room -- but we could not afford that.

September 19, 2016

By Visitor746573

I was not impressed with Towne Centre, and it wasn’t what I was looking for. It wasn’t impressed by the people. The lady just kept saying how they were going to be making improvements in the future. She didn’t really talked about what they actually have there, and I didn’t really feel that she was impressed by what she currently had. They needed to be a little bit honest about it, and they wouldn’t even give me the rate structures. Everything was very secretive, and they didn’t seem to communicate with everything. The facility was fine; there was no problem with the lay out. I saw the dining area, and it looked fine. The room did not impress me; there was no central air conditioning. It was all individual air conditioning units.

August 22, 2016

By Gus868835

My sister was in Town Centre. I found it to be really nice and clean. Everybody who worked there was really nice. They followed-up on everything and it was easier for us to remove her, and they even gave me a credit from their balance that we had already paid up front. I really thought they were very good. The rooms were very spacious. She was in a pretty big studio that had a walk-in closet and big bathroom with a big shower. It was really nice. However, I thought the food was too basic. I did not know if they had more than one choice, but it seemed like everybody was eating the same thing. I got to interact with the director of the nurses, and she was very nice. I talked to the financial person, and she was very nice too. They had a regular doctor that came to visit. We had a lot of interaction with them. They kept in contact to what was going on and how they changed the medication.

August 22, 2016

By Linda152232

Towne Centre was clean, neat, and well-staffed. People were nice, and the food was great. The apartment was perfect because all he needed was a small bedroom and a little bit of room.

November 30, 2015

What I like most about Towne Centre is the location. The community is very clean. I like the dining area. When we visited the place, the staff were not very friendly. We stood there for quite sometime before someone approached us. But the gentleman was very helpful and caring. The entire facility is beautiful, warm, and inviting.

October 27, 2015

By Clara10

I visited Towne Centre for my relative. It was very pleasant. I was really impressed with it. They had plenty of activities. I was really in awe when I'd seen it.

October 05, 2015

By Barb33

Town Centre Retirement Community was very nice and very clean. It is only about 12 minutes away, and it’s not far from my uncle’s doctors. We like everything about it except that the front door does not stay locked; people can come in and out at anytime. I wouldn’t prefer that kind of situation for my uncle. The staff was very nice and very thorough. They invited us to a family night last week. They showed us 2 to 3 different styles of rooms that he could pick from, and everything was really nice. I would recommend them to be checked out by anybody.

September 29, 2015

My dad is at Towne Centre. He likes the activities that they do. They play bingo, and they have music there. People would come and play music too. They have movie night every night. My dad has been there for four years now.

March 27, 2014

By Tammey1

We did a tour at Towne Center in Merrillville, and it?s a very nice facility. My mother really liked it, but she can't afford that. The staff are very nice, and the food is very good.

Independent Living Reviews for Towne Centre

June 30, 2014

By Joe37

Towne Centre is an apartment complex. The apartments are very nice, very roomy, and well maintained. It is close to shops and other services. They have very friendly staff. There are various activities. They have activities on-site as well as trips. They have music, church services, crafts, bingo, a walking club, and lunch and dinner out. They have a very reasonable price. I like its overall balance, and they do many things as well. I guess the only limitation is the menu in the restaurant because it is somewhat limited.

October 09, 2013

By Joy14

We toured Towne Centre Retirement Community and my mom liked it. It was clean and it smelled fresh. They had nice size apartments. However, the downfall was that they had a stove and I was concerned about the safety. They seemed to have a lot of social activities and the residents looked contented to be there.

December 16, 2011

By commercesd

We decided to visit Towne Centre Retirement Community since it is relatively close to our aunt's medical facility, St. Mary's. We like the area a lot "“ and there are plenty of affordable accommodations for family members who visit from out of town. We liked the vibe "“ it was friendly and casual, yet the business of taking care of those who needed it was being attended to. They have a number of options available, from spacious apartments, which our aunt is interested in "“ to smaller spaces that are easier to manage. Of course, there is plenty of staff to take care of basic needs and cleaning, etc., so even if you have a larger space, it should work out okay. Some of the residents, we were told, prefer a smaller dwelling. All of the areas were pleasant to be in and we could see that the residents thought so, too. The activites ranged from board games, to discussions, private reading and watching film and TV "“ some people were also using computers. The staff is well-versed at taking care of a variety of types of people, from those who are not ambulatory "“ to people who have memory issues. Our aunt is in the early stages of dementia "“ it comes and goes "“ so she needs to live in a place that can handle this. The grounds were spacious and well tended. The indoor areas were all clean and bright. There is plenty of sunlight so that they do not need to use lighting when it is sunny outside. This is true for many of the dwelling spaces, as well. Our aunt likes to make artwork, so the lighting is really appreciated. The activities they plan regularly include everything from visiting local restaurant favorites, the public library and movies "“ to day trips to nearby Chicago. They have planned exercise classes "“ but also offer residents to work out any time they wish. We liked that they encourage exercise "“ a people with early dementia can be forgetful. We are glad we took the time to look at this facility and it is in the running as one of the better ones we visited so far.

Photos of Towne Centre

Services and Amenities of Towne Centre

About Towne Centre

Be the center of attention at Towne Centre, where weekly socials, exercise programs, clubs and games let residents get the most out of life while experiencing the best in Independent Living and Assisted Living services in Merrillville, Indiana. We also provide Memory Care services to promote a continuum of care. Our goal is to enrich the lives of our residents by providing an environment that is physically, mentally, spiritually and emotionally stimulating. From thoughtfully designed floor plans to the world-class service and myriad recreational and social opportunities, residents may just find that we have thought of everything. Our studio and one-bedroom apartments feature full-sized kitchenettes, while our two-bedroom homes offer kitchens with full-sized appliances. Wall-to-wall carpet provides the ultimate in comfort along with housekeeping and laundry services that are attractive for residents wishing to kick back and enjoy. Our caring and professional staff provides a helping hand for residents who may appreciate assistance with activities of daily living but also offer the independence to go out and about and explore the many shopping, dining and entertainment options that Merrillville has to offer. Towne Centre is convenient to multiple hospitals and pharmacies within a 5-mile radius that offer the most in medical services.

Map of Towne Centre