Neighborcare at Chapel Hill

Offers Independent Living

230 Welcome Way Blvd., Indianapolis, IN 46214
Neighborcare at Chapel Hill (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 186 days

no care provided; Independent Living only; we are NOT income based; no sliding scale for rates - we do accept Section 8 vouchers No deposit or hold fee for veterans/spouses of veterans with documentation + $50/month discount off monthly rent

Reviews of Neighborcare at Chapel Hill

Independent Living Reviews for Neighborcare at Chapel Hill

March 19, 2022

By Cathy

When we were at Neighborcare at Chapel Hill, their apartments are getting remodeled. We're taking a one-bedroom on a month-to-month basis, and most of them have balconies or patios. There is a courtyard area that I've seen up at the main building and a screened-in porch area. The staff I talked to said that they were putting some walk-in tubs, too. She was awesome, was very helpful, very cooperative, and informative. We're finding out that my husband was a vet, and that helped a lot to get the best deal we could to work to get in there.

March 10, 2022

By Carleen

Neighborcare at Chapel Hill was clean and quiet. The room was large enough for me. The staff during the tour did great. What I liked was there was green space, and the apartments were set back well. The facilities like their exercise and their dining looked very well and it was clean. The gazebo was really nice and kinda big. I only saw the model and it was great, but I need to see the actual apartment. The location is a little farther from the city. It's not an area that I would have chosen until I saw the apartments and now that I've seen them, I like it. It's easy to access, just a little farther, but I liked it enough that I may go there.

February 05, 2022

By Pat

NeighborCare at Chapel Hill got everything right there that you would want in a place, whether it's in the building or somewhere close. They got exercise rooms, they got all these different activities, and they are animal friendly. Your animals have to have their vaccinations. It is convenient. They've got their own bus, and it's got places to park when you're driving. The staff was nice and professional. They knew what they were talking about. They seemed to have their little pattern that they take you through to show you what the facilities are like. They did a real professional job. They gave me the folder with all their information and prices and calling cards that I could contact them. I was pleased with all of that. The dining room was really big. It got smaller tables. They have some of their entertainment in there like bingo and cards and stuff. It's a good-sized dining room.

December 22, 2021

By Jenise

My dad lives in NeighborCare of Chapel Hill. The buildings need updating. It's disappointing that they canceled all their food services. They should add transportation services. The staff members are overworked. I have to provide my dad's food because there are no food services there. My dad plays cards, and that's all he does. It would be nice if they had some exercise facilities. Their facility is in bad repair. My dad has had two different apartments, and both had bedbugs. The location is great. It's within five miles from the hospital.

December 02, 2021

By Blue Wall

Staff member in building 2 is an AWESOME member of neighborcare team! She goes above and beyond every moment she gets. The cafe is in dire need of staff and Katherine gladly volunteers her time to help and make sure us residents are taken care of. Definitely deserving of a true blue award!

November 26, 2021

By Marvin

I had a very good tour of Neighborcare at Chapel Hill. It was a great facility. They had good security doors and it seemed like a really nice place. The apartments were a little small though, but they were nicely put together, and it seemed like they kept it up pretty good. The staff was great and was very accommodating, it's just that my friend would have to take the elevator, and he probably wouldn't have been able to move around, because he's a bigger guy. That was the only problem. The areas that they had for him were already filled up.

November 23, 2021

By Just Leslie

This place is a nightmare! Maintenance trying to come into your apartment without first giving 24 hours notice! Turning the water off without saying anything to anyone! Being told that you didn't pay your rent when you have proof that you did pay it! No fire extinguisher in the apartment at all! It's noisy! Yes it has a bus that is free that takes you places. But not everywhere like they claim! It's easier and better to take IndyGo, which is the city bus system for Indianapolis Indiana. There isn't a pool like they claim there is! I am definitely leaving once my lease ends! In my opinion then if you are smart stay away from this place! And don't ever move in here at all!

November 14, 2021

By Mark

I went to Neighborcare at Chapel Hill, and they showed me everything and gave me all the paperwork I would need if I decided to. The tour was fine. They were real nice. I looked at the common areas they had, and it's pretty nice over there. They've got a lot of buses that come in there to take you where you need to go. They've got areas where you can eat, go work out and stuff. It's a pretty nice little community, kind of sits back off the road. It's pretty nice on the inside and it looks like it has plenty of parking, so that's always a plus. The staff was real nice. They said you'd have to get on a waiting list. They really didn't have any place right then. I wanted an efficiency, and the staff member said people were on a waiting list. She said people do move out, but she said, "You're better off getting on a waiting list to have it ready because there are people wanting them." The efficiencies were more desirable than the two- and one-bedroom.

November 13, 2021

By Paula

Neighborcare at Chapel Hill looked good. I enjoyed the tour and the lady I met was friendly. She explained everything well to me. There was a lot to do and it was a nice place. They do exercises and they have a fitness center, too. It's like an apartment building, so it's great.

October 31, 2021

By Charchol

I found this for my 92 year old mother, and it has been a problem from the beginning. There is no heat in the bedroom, the garbage disposal did not work, and when we told maintenance, their reply was “well, you really shouldn’t use a garbage disposal anyway”. They were rude, disrespectful and not interested in offering any help. The halls smell terrible, the elevators smell even worse. There was supposed to be a microwave in the unit. There wasn’t, but after asking and asking, she finally got one. The neighbors have nothing to do but gossip, and I think there was an elephant living upstairs from my mom, because at all hours of the day there was loud “thumps”. Do your loved one a favor, and drive away QUICKLY from this place.

September 12, 2021

By Sharon

I toured Neighborcare at Chapel Hill. It's an apartment complex, and I'm not interested in an apartment. I looked at it. It's cheaper, but I don't want to live in an apartment. It was clean. There were lots of activities. The apartments are well kept, up-to-date, and roomy. They didn't have any two-bedroom, and I definitely didn't want their one-bedroom. They're clean and up-to-date. The apartments are very nice. It was alright.

September 08, 2021

By Helen

NeighborCare at Chapel Hill has been fantastic. It's been about a month since I moved into their independent living, and I just love it. Everybody has been great. Any time you walk around, they're all saying hi and talking to you. It just makes me feel at home. The staff is really great. Christina is the one who comes to my apartment and she's fantastic. I know she has a lot to do, and I appreciate all that she's done for me. It was a blessing that I was able to get in. The place is perfect for me. It's roomy and comfortable. I love the surroundings. Every time I see my neighbors, they smile and talk to me. I met the ones who live on the opposite side of my balcony, and they said to let them know if I need anything. It's very welcoming. They have activities. They have a ballroom and they also watch movies. I haven't done any of them yet, though. They offer food. When I first signed in, they gave me vouchers to use to go to dinner. With the place I checked before, the rent was separate from all the utilities. With this place, everything along with the utilities is included, which really helped.

August 22, 2021

By Lia

I chose Neighborcare at Chapel Hill because it was reasonable, and the rent includes all utilities. They make sure you have everything you need, and they're very helpful and friendly. They have an array of activities like card playing, exercising, walking, and so on. We have everything we need right in the building that I'm in. They have laundry facilities and trash facilities.

August 21, 2021

By Leslie

The only reason I didn't move at Neighborcare at Chapel Hill is because I couldn't get a move in date until August 18th, which is too late. I would have gone there otherwise. They have meals there. I don't think they have 2-baths with the 2-bedroom. They have free transportation and a fitness center. The dining area looked pretty nice. I saw someone putting together a jigsaw puzzle there.

August 21, 2021

By James

We toured Neighborcare at Chapel Hill. I was impressed with the amenities, the cleanliness, and the affordability. They had a workout room, on-site physical therapy, an on-site doctor, and an on-site pharmacy. The staff was very helpful, very friendly, and very informative.

August 20, 2021

By Brenda

I was able to tour Neighborcare at Chapel Hill. They were so nice, and the only reason I didn't take a place is because they didn't have anything on the ground floor. There were several things about that place that were so nice. They had a clinic inside where you could have your doctor's visit. They also had a little restaurant. They had an activities director where they had different things going on to keep people active, and that was wonderful. The leasing agents were really nice as well.

August 14, 2021

By Richard

I moved into Neighborcare at Chapel Hill. I'm very satisfied with the cleanliness and all that. I'm a little dissatisfied with maintenance's response to request. I still don't have my cable box up. A week without TV or internet is no fun, and I got an air-conditioner that's not working quite right. I'm giving them a week, and then I'll complain again. It's very clean and very well kept. It does great for me. The staff seems fine. I really don't have much interaction with them. I haven't eaten their food. They have a cafeteria that you pay if you go to, and I haven't used that yet. They have several activities every day. They have book clubs and walking clubs. You name it, they pretty much have it.

July 11, 2021

By Douglas

Neighborcare at Chapel Hill is a great facility. It's just like being at home. It is well kept, and everything is great about it. They have great staff, and they don't bother you unless you need them. When you need them, they do all they can to get what you need. They have all kinds of activities. I am very happy with the value of my apartment. It doesn't even feel like I'm in a facility at all. I really like the environment here.

July 09, 2021

By Sharon

I think the price at Neighborcare at Chapel Hill is too high. The place was very nice though. It's a place I would love to live but just can't afford. The staff was very personable and I really enjoyed my visit. Everything was very in order, clean, and the landscaping was beautiful. The independent living was separate from assisted living, but they all could join and eat meals together. My cousin has also been living there, he's a veteran, and he told me he loves it. He said they're doing lots of activities there too.

July 06, 2021

By Anne

I moved into Neighborcare at Chapel Hill. I chose them because they were more agreeable to me with the price. They have everything I need. It's close to shopping and everything else that I need. The staff is geared for the people here. They're very friendly and knowledgeable about the area that we live in. They have activities, but you don't have to join in. Someone is always out cleaning. It's different buildings, so we're kind of spread out. It's in the middle of where all the stores and the things that I need are. I can get to doctors and things. I love my room. I'm in a studio.

July 05, 2021

By Lucretia

I moved this week into Neighborcare of Chapel Hill, and I like it very much. I'm very pleased with it, the amenities, and the different things that you can do. I like the facilities. They are nice and clean. The people that live here are kind. The people that work here are very kind and helpful. Maintenance is on time and on point; you don't have to wait. Like I said, I've only been here a few days, but I just like everything about it. I like the peace. It's a really nice facility. They give you meal tickets for 30 days. I do my own cooking pretty much independently, but yesterday I did go down around lunchtime and get a salad plate (which had three different kinds of salads on it). It was really good.

June 23, 2021

By Verna

I'm moving into Neighborcare at Chapel Hill. It's very clean, and they have a lot of stuff available for you like physical therapy and they've got nurses there. Their rooms were very beautiful. I saw the one-bedroom, and the layout was very nice. I would recommend it to anybody. They've got card games, the gym, and all kinds of things you can do.

April 07, 2021

By David

My mom moved into Neighborcare at Chapel Hill. It's a very friendly place, and everything is accessible. Each building has its own residential assistant with whom you will have a personal relationship. They help you out, and that's who collects your rent. I can even call them to check in on my mom if I'm not able to do it. The facility is an open space. I like that they have a clinic attached to the building, along with laundry services and a cafeteria. I also like that loved ones have access to the building. It's pretty cool. Even though the outside of the complex is a little older, it's still nice on the inside. Everything's spacious and comfortable. I even talked to a few of her neighbors when I was moving her in; they all liked it there, and they were very friendly. The staff was very helpful and communicated very well to us through the whole process of touring, getting her things, and setting it up for her. If I called and left a message, they would call me back within an hour, and they were very nice. They gave her a move-in promotion of $500 off and some free meals from the cafeteria. It's a good experience. They're still a little hesitant, but they've tried to open things back up a little bit more. They have a monthly schedule of activities that they do, like puzzles, games, and little meetings. Before COVID, they had like a little ballroom dance every few months or so. Everyone dressed up, had food and drinks, and just hung out in a little ballroom. They have a pool and a little walking club going on in the complex to keep people social and moving. I like that the utilities are included with the room, too. The only thing I don't like is that each floor has a different price. The first floor is more convenient for older people, so it's $100 more than living on the second or third floor.

March 30, 2021

By Ronald

I may move into Neighborcare at Chapel Hill if my application is approved. It's the first one I looked at, it seemed like a nice quiet neighborhood, and they have nice, clean apartments. It's a nice price for senior citizens. The staff was very nice. It's a No. 1 place, and it's nice and clean. I like everything about it and I like the upkeep of the property. They have an exercise room where there is an instructor inside, they have an activity calendar, and they have a clinic on the place.

March 18, 2021

By Reviewer RC#0306

I've been here at the Neighborcare at Chapel Hill and my experience has been good. It's pretty peaceful at the moment, quiet, and the facility is nice looking. The staff has been pretty good too. My room is clean and everything's pretty well kept. I had a really good burger and fries in here. They have quite a bit of stuff that you can get involved in that's included in the package, so everything has been OK so far.

February 12, 2021

By Michael

We took a tour of Neighborcare at Chapel Hill yesterday, and I filled out a card. The staff was very kind and helpful, we got a gift and we appreciated that. We got my wife on a wheelchair because we didn't know we're gonna have to walk that much, but it's not the staff's fault because she did great. She seemed a little in a hurry, but that's about it. I didn't sign a lease yet as I'm waiting on Medicaid. We liked the apartments so much, but I just saw the showroom. She showed us everything, where the washer and dryer were and the elevator. We have a Jazzy wheelchair, so we can't get around okay but we've got equipment. It's just a matter of having enough room. We like to move there, we like the place. They didn't show us the actual available apartment, maybe the staff was in a hurry, I don't know, she looked busy. We didn't get any food, but we got a gift cup for each of us. The dining area was kind of shut down because it was 3:00, but I guess they deliver the food. It's an old building. The 1-bedroom was really nice. I just wish we could see the one we want to rent.

January 25, 2021

By Regina

I'm moving into Neighborcare at Chapel Hill. I went for one visit and signed the paperwork for one apartment. I was impressed with the looks of the place. Gina was the one I spoke with, and she was very nice and answered all my questions. We took a tour of around 4 or 5 different apartments that had different designs, and they were excellent. The only complaint I had was two of those apartments had such thick nap carpets. I am in a wheelchair most of the time, and wheelchairs and high height rugs do not match. Gina was gonna see about getting vinyl flooring because that's easy to roll on and easy to clean. The facility was very nice and very clean.

December 08, 2020

By Sonya

I'm at Neighborcare at Chapel Hill. As far as dealing with the people that work here, there's only one person I had a problem with. I don't know who he was, but it was an older man, and I was showing defects to let them know there was a problem, and he wasn't too happy. He wanted me to take what I get, which is OK, but when you're dealing with things leaking and whatnot, that's not OK, because that can flood the person below me, and that can also cause mold. I have asthma and allergies. They were really nice and considerate to put nothing but a laminate floor in because I'm allergic to carpet, and that turned out beautiful. They've been good to me, but there are some defects in the property situation, like faucets leaking, faucets loose, things needing to be repaired, like my front doorknob only has one screw in it. Someone came and wiggled the doorknob at 10:30, then at 12:00 a.m. they left me a note on a 2x5 card that said, "You are a very special person, God loves you, A Friend." Why would you do that to a total stranger that you don't know and freak them out like that? We have security, but there are no security cameras in the hallways or anything, so I don't have a clue who it was. I told them for the time being, I'm staying to myself because I don't know what's gonna happen. My room is nice. They fixed it up. They did a beautiful job with the flooring. There is a very nice little girl that helped with recleaning everything. She cleaned the AC situation for me because it was filthy and maintenance didn't want to clean it. She did a beautiful job, and I haven't had an allergic reaction since she did that. Overall, the apartment is nice, just some little quirks that need to be fixed. When you turn your cold water on in the shower and you don't touch your hot water, you get water coming out of the hot water faucet handle. The tub is new, but they must've not evened out the bottom of it because when you go stand in it to take a shower I thought it was gonna give way on me, and it makes a cracking sound. There were goofy things that a professional person should've known. The staff is great. There's only one person on staff I had a problem with, which was from the maintenance. I had salad I spent $6 for and the fried chicken they put on the top was delicious, but the lettuce tasted like it was spoiled and so did the tomatoes. The facility is clean and looks nice. I've only been in the B building. I've not been in the other buildings because each building is separate.

December 05, 2020

By UNHAPPY AND DISAPPOINTED

This place has went down hill since being taken over by another company. It wasn’t that great prior to that but now it’s even worse. Of course you’ll see only the niceness and friendliness of the office personnel when your getting their tour but once they get you in, the demeanor changes. Don’t ask them anything because they don’t know. Maintenance is slow about taking care of resident issues. There’s holes in the walls in the common areas. They recycle junk appliances. The company has broken their own lease by allowing people in who DO NOT meet the age requirement and they’re not spouses or caretakers. Drug and pot users and alcoholics are now my new neighbors. New residents don’t respect their neighbors by slamming doors and stomping across the floors. Playing loud music. The smell of pot reeks in the halls and sometimes the apartments. The lobby and laundry rooms are unkept. I won’t use the laundry facilities because of the nastiness of people that don’t clean up after themselves. The apartments themselves have no amenities. No dishwasher and no washer/dryer. The only positive thing I can say about these apartments is the utilities are paid. So BEWARE.

October 04, 2020

By Shuanna

I went to Neighborcare at Chapel Hill in person. They took us on a tour, the staff was really nice, and very informative. They hadn't opened the cafeteria yet, it's scheduled to be opened the following week. The room model that they had was set up where you could actually see how your furniture would fit, and how it was set up in there. It was really clean and neat. We were able to see one 1-bedroom that had a regular tub, and one that had a regular tub. It was really nice that they had those available to show. We actually had a follow up phone call from a staff member, she called to explain and said that she would put our phone for a future resident. So this time next year, she would reach out to me to see if anything has changed. It's a beautiful place, and actually better than the one she's in. It's really nice.

September 23, 2020

By Dulane

I have already moved into Neighborcare at Chapel Hill. My initial visit was nice and very interesting. I went to do the interview and take a tour of the place and stuff, and I really liked it. I really like it. It's quiet, and everybody is friendly. I haven't tried the food yet. They have public transportation that comes in and then they have two buses for the residents. I have a one-bedroom and it is roomy. I really like it. There is enough room for one person.

July 07, 2020

By Tim01

The new owner, Nick, is one of the rudest most unprofessional people I have ever dealt with. I am so glad that my family member is no longer in the facility. He needs to learn how to run a business professionally. This place is hostile, dirty and I would NEVER recommend living here or putting anyone you love here.

October 31, 2019

By William

I have been living at Crestwood Village West for about 3 years. The people are good, the only reason I checked on other places was that there will be no assisted living available. My apartment here is about 700 square feet. They have just about everything, but by October 23rd no cafeteria will be available to anybody anymore. And all the cafeteria area will be converted into independent living. The food is good, I had no problems with the food. There are a lot of activities as well. It's also at a good location for me. They're good value for the money. I also just found out that they had the most square footage area in accommodations compared to other places, and I don't like to be cramped up so much.

October 01, 2019

By BB

I liked Crestwood Village West. The staff was excellent. They had a one-bedroom apartment, but I would need a two-bedroom. The stove was smaller than I'm used to and the refrigerator was on the wrong side, but they could fix that. The dining area was excellent. It's like you're at home and you have different tables all around and everybody eats and talks to each other, and I like that type of atmosphere. They're excellent in what they had to offer, that's why I chose it.

August 22, 2019

By Mike

Crestwood Village West was smaller, older, and dirtier than where I'm staying at. It also wasn't as pleasant. The staff was pleasant and helpful, but the rooms were small. The dining area appeared clean and large enough. They had a bus for excursions and some organized activities for the residents.

August 01, 2019

By Bonnie

Crestwood Village West had very nice apartments, and they keep the premises nice. The staff was very nice and very congenial. There's no freight elevator and everything has to be brought up the stairs if you move in on the second or third floor. They have an elevator, but it's not for moving purposes.

August 01, 2019

By Emanuel

Crestwood Village West was excellent. The atmosphere was wonderful and they have very nice and accommodating people. It's somewhere I'd like to be. The rooms were very clean and very adequate. Everything was immaculate. The dining area was excellent. It's very clean, very secure, had a light atmosphere, and a whole lot of options. They have daily bus rides to the shopping centers, and they offer breakfast and lunch. The staff was very good, cooperative, and informative.

July 10, 2019

By Linda

We have moved to Crestwood Village West. It's very quiet, and the people that we met seem to be very nice and helpful. We've also met the building manager and his wife, and they're also very nice and helpful people. We're in independent living and like our apartment. It's spacious, there's plenty of storage and we like it a lot. All utilities are paid, they have a swimming pool, ballroom area, a sitting area downstairs, and there's a calendar of events that you could go to. Another amenity they have is an exercise room. This place is the best one for the money and the closest to our family.

July 03, 2019

By Reviewer061719

My father is getting good care at Crestwood Village West. The staff is very thorough, very honest, kind and helpful, and answered my questions about things for my dad. They cleaned his room before he moved in, which was one day after we visited. They did a good job getting ready for him. They have a veterans' club, a men's club, they have gambling, dinner and dancing, and cookies and milk or coffee every Monday and Thursday. They can keep him as busy as he wants or he can not be busy. They had a talent show not too long ago that he went to. They have a beauty shop and a small workout facility. It's a good fit for him.

October 21, 2018

By LR

We are not at Crestwood Village West anymore. I really wouldn't stay there again. I was very frustrated with that place. There were all kinds of problems with it. There were no maintenance people. They kept putting me off. Well, they did put in a new air-conditioning unit, but it spewed out very humid air. They charged us a $300 pet fee. However, when we left, there was a spill right at the very front of the carpet. They told me that I spilled bleach on it and so they kept the pet deposit. I was like, first of all, it was not a deposit for the apartment, that was the pet deposit. Also, they kept losing track of the money that I had paid. They're an absolute disaster. I wouldn't have anybody stay there. It was a horrible place. Even though you're in a non-assisted living, they have a group of nursing people that you can have come to your house. They're onsite. They also have physical therapy onsite if you want to apply with them as opposed to going to somebody else. They have a dining room and a pool. There is a studio, a 1-bedroom, and 2-bedroom units.

January 26, 2018

By Kathy

My mother-in-law is living in Crestwood Village West now. It is OK. It has a very large independent living community, and that's where she is now. The place is older than some places. The heating systems are old; that's my mother-in-law's biggest complaint. The dining set-up is nice. They're making changes to the menu, and they're extending the hours. One thing they do very well is that they have a lot of activities. They have a very nice fitness center with classes, and they have a very nice shuttle bus that goes to quite a few places. Their activities are one of their stronger points. It's also one of the least expensive places in the area. I think it's a good value for the money, especially their 1-bedrooms. Their rooms are a bit bigger than most other places that have 1-bedrooms. They also have an extremely nice laundry room.

Thank you for your review, Kathy. We are happy to hear that your mother-in-law is enjoying her apartment home. We appreciate your feedback!

August 28, 2017

By Miller1096

Other

When I moved in at Crestwood Village West, I am very happy here, this was my choice to move in here. I did not want my family to find me a place to live. The house I lived in was to big for me, and the apartment I am in is just the right size for me, I am still moving in but I hope I will be done real soon. I like the idea of having the Village bus to take you place when you do not have your own transportation. The people are very nice and welcoming, the staff are very knowledgeable and very helpful. This makes me feel real good cause it shows how much they care, they have activities. The RCS is very nice and helpful.

December 20, 2015

By RGE

I was trying to get my mom in at Crestwood Village North. There's a waiting list, and there's also an application fee. They did have downstairs apartments for pets. I liked the place because it would be quite sufficient for her. However, if she applies and puts her name on the list and if something comes up, she loses all that money. Their involvement with the residents and their availability for the residents is pretty nice. They have a bus system that goes somewhere every day of the week. They take them on outings, and there are in-house exercise classes.

October 28, 2015

I choose Crestwood Village West because the price is reasonable and the apartments are very nice, clean, and safe. The staff was great, and they offer activities every day.

April 10, 2015

I did visit Crestwood Village, and the staff was very nice. The rooms and apartments were nice and clean. The dining room looked nice, big, and spacious. They have singing, people coming in, bingo, and trips. The place is secure and safe. I would recommend them.

December 22, 2014

By Bradley2

My father is over at Crestwood Village. The staff is really good. My father is in his own apartment, and he is doing quite well. They keep a very good eye on him. They have many activities which is helpful. They are willing to help him in any forms that he needs. He is in a situation where he can go from independent living to assisted living if he needs to. The main reason I put him there is because he is close to me. The things I like about it are that it is very clean, and he is in a one-bedroom apartment. Before he moved in, they have repainted, re-carpeted it, and got it all ready for him. I like the apartment the way it is set up because it is very useful for him. They have a building manager for each building, so he has someone that can check on him all the time. They have all kinds of activities, and he has gotten involved in some of those, so that's good. They have parties all the time for people like birthdays. They have a men's group over there, i.e., Veterans. My dad is a WWII veteran. They have a very nice dining room.

June 25, 2014

By Lisa1859

Everything is fine at Crestwood Village. My father has a one-bedroom there, and it is fine. Regarding the staff, the lady I talked to was very nice. They have a common room, but I didn't see anybody doing any activities.

Dear Lisa1859,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with Crestwood Village. The one bedroom apartments at Crestwood Village are 700 square feet, significantly larger than most senior living apartments in Indianapolis. Most of our residents find it to be perfect for their needs. The recently remodeled common areas at Crestwood have become a hive of activity, offering residents a free computer area (with classes provided by our Social Media Director), a free lending library, a well-lighted puzzle area and several tables for activities ranging from cards, to book club and even free chair exercises once a week. I hope your father is enjoying the newly remodeled area and all the free activities available. Don’t forget he can also take advantage of our HealthCrest fitness center and free transportation to many local stores, groceries, banks and pharmacies. Oh, and be sure to mention our Men’s Club where “the guys” get together once a month for a great breakfast and an interesting or entertaining speaker. It’s a great way to get out and about without having to leave campus. If you have any questions or would like additional recommendations of activities there is a Resident Services Coordinator in every building and he or she will be happy to help! Thank you again, for your review.

Sincerely,

Suzanne Thomson, Vice President

March 13, 2014

By Garnet3

Crestwood Village West is gorgeous. It's got a beautiful office. The carpets were all beautiful. They showed me the apartments, and they were all very nice. I had nothing to complain about. It is larger place. It also had pool facility, that's good for people that had bone troubles. In the summer time, they have aqua therapy. They have a lot of activities. They got Wii tournament, ice cream socials, a movie theater, beauty shop, wellness health room, craft room, an internet and computer lab with printers. It's very nice. They just made it better. I ate there and the food was very good. They had a salad bar with several things on it. They treated me like a queen. I think that's probably where I will end up.

Hello Garnet3,

So nice to hear from you! We are thrilled you’ve dropped by to see our community. It sounds like you received a very informative tour. We look forward to welcoming you as a new resident! While I can’t promise to make you the official queen of Crestwood Village, we promise to do our best to keep you feeling like a queen! I’m sure your Leasing Counselor encouraged you to consider our VIP program? The VIP program will allow you to secure your future by placing your application now and moving in when it best suits you. The VIP reservation fee is only $79 plus $20 for your application and we’ll even apply the $79 to your first month’s rent when you movein to Crestwood Village! Now, that’s a great deal, especially when you compare it to other senior communities where they charge significant endowment fees (some are over $200,000!). Oh, that reminds me – we are waiving our security deposit right now, so now might be just the time for you to make your move to Crestwood Village. We hope to see you again soon!

Sincerely,

Suzanne Thomson, Vice President

December 30, 2013

By Caring82052850

Right now everything is lovely at Crestwood Village. The rooms are spacious. I haven't eaten in their dining room, but it looks nice. Everybody here is friendly.

December 22, 2013

By Jude2

I cannot say enough good things about Crestwood. In the past, my mother lived at Crestwood South for 10 years, my aunt lived at Crestwood North for 7 years, my brother-in-law lived at Crestwood East and I have a good friend living at Crestwood West. The friendships my mother made there lasted even when she had to move out of state. The people at each facility have always been the most service oriented people I have run across. They are always ready to help the residents and do it with a smile. The entertainment is great and so well organized. A Crestwood resident can be doing something about all the time if desired. The apartments have been updated and are quite nice. The value of living at Crestwood is tremendous. Recently, when I was trying to make a decision as to where to retire, I looked first at Crestwood. I am happy to say that I will be living part time in Florida and part time in Crestwood. It makes life so much easier to not have to worry about what is happening to your home while you are away. All in all, I would recommend Crestwood to any senior who is looking for an active, entertaining, fun filled life.

Dear Jude2, it is a pleasure to welcome you to the Crestwood Village Family! It sounds like you’re already quite familiar with all Crestwood Village has to offer and I’m always glad to hear we’re someone’s first choice in senior living! I must encourage you to meet your RSC (Resident Services Coordinator) and your Fitness Coordinator in the HealthCrest Wellness Department, I promise both will be happy to help you get set up with lots of fun activities. Like you, I’ve had several relatives live at Crestwood, including my mom, who lived at Crestwood North. It’s a small world isn’t it! In any case, WELCOME!

September 27, 2013

By Garnet2

They're remodeling Crestwood Village East at the time of my visit; however, I felt comfortable there. The staff is very accommodating. They showed me all the facilities. They gave me a brochure and showed me the kind of activities that they have. It is a very active community. There is always something going on. Their leasing supervisor, Lona, is absolutely gorgeous. She is just wonderful. She got an excellent personality for the job. The price is just right. It is actually lower than any other place that I know of. It is not as fancy as I would like, but it is very well-equipped. They even have a computer room and a wellness center. Down the hallway, you have your own private storage. You never have to leave your level for trash or anything. All the mail is delivered right inside the building. They have all the amenities that a senior would need. Their apartments are all very nice and very accommodating. The studio apartment that I saw was very big. The two-bedroom apartment has two baths and a terrace. The only thing I don't like about this facility is that everybody uses the same washer and dryer. You don't have one equipped in your apartment.

Dear Garnet,

I am thrilled to hear you had a great tour of Crestwood Village, I hope you will come back to see the fantastic results of our remodeling! Thank you for taking the time to share so many lovely compliments about our team, our community and our apartments, I will be certain to share your words with our Crestwood team. Like many others, you noticed the value of free indoor trash removal and mail service which is especially great on those icy, snowy or rainy days, and saves you up to $360 a year (at the average trash removal rate others charge)! We also provide a free wellness program which addresses eight dimensions of health and wellness designed to keep our residents active, engaged and involved in a variety of opportunities to keep them happy and healthy.

It’s funny you should mention the laundry, I understand how you feel, that was one of the first things my mom said too. What she found over the three years she lived at Crestwood was; doing all her laundry at once became a great time to socialize in the lobby while she waited for the laundry to finish. I will say, my mom always loved to socialize!

I hope we hear from you soon regarding your decision to move to Crestwood! If you have any questions or are ready to place that application, stop in or give us a call we’ll be happy to help. Since 1910 the Justus Company, developer, builder and manager of Crestwood Village, has been known for quality, craftsmanship and value. We are always pleased to receive reviews and suggestions.

Sincerely, Suzanne Dennis Justus Companies VP Corporate Communications

June 17, 2013

By Gregory2

My parents stayed in Crestwood but mom didn't like it there. However, I didn't mind them staying there.

Dear Gregory2,

First, let me thank you for taking the time to write a review, we always appreciate the opportunity to engage with our resident’s families. I am pleased to hear you and your father were satisfied with your parent’s apartment home, however I regret we were not able to find a way to satisfy your mother. We offer a number of wellness and social opportunities for our residents as well as award winning apartment layouts which most residents truly enjoy. In addition, we have a Resident Services Coordinator in every building who helps connect residents to a variety of services and solutions to resolve virtually any issue. We recognize each resident has their own exacting standards, habits and mannerisms which may or may not be completely suited toward living in our community, but we sincerely attempt to learn from every experience and continually improve our resident services.

Again, thank you for choosing Crestwood Village, it is an honor and privilege to serve our residents and their families.

Sincerely, Suzanne Dennis, Justus Companies VP of Corporate Communications

January 30, 2013

By Sue11

Crestwood Village is okay. Everyone there that I've met was really, really nice. But my mother-in-law didn't want to socialize or be around people and she wanted to be left alone. She didn't want to be in a place where she had to go down to a dining room. She's in a little studio apartment.

Dear Sue11,

Thank you for your kind compliments regarding our team at Crestwood Village, we strive to make every resident and their family feel welcome and comfortable. We respect your mother-in-law’s choice to remain independent and self sufficient in her apartment home, and it is certainly her choice to participate as much or as little as is comfortable for her. Over the years most of our residents have found social engagement to be a wonderful component of the HealthCrest Wellness Program which is free at Crestwood Village. We honor each resident’s choice regarding involvement in our programming, however we will always encourage everyone to strongly consider participation. Perhaps we were overzealous in our invitation to participate, but I assure you we only do so with the best of intentions. In fact one of the driving forces behind our social enrichment programs is the number of studies which show isolation to be one of the biggest challenges of aging. The link I’ve included is very informative and is in no way associated with our company – it is simply an article I thought you or someone in your shoes might find interesting. http://www.voanews.com/content/health-study-research-social-isolation-death-mortality/1630662.html.

In closing, I want to thank you for giving us the privilege to serve your family.

Sincerely, Suzanne Dennis, Justus Companies, VP Corporate Communications

November 18, 2011

By Karen Fox-Oliphant

Other

I really appreciated the fact that Crestwood Village offered assisted and non-assisted living for my mother. She was in non-assisted living because she was not bad off and could still drive. All apartments in non-assisted living areas have emergency call buttons and that pleased me immensely. Along with locked entry and managers in each building, I felt very safe leaving my mother there while I returned to California where I lived. Unfortunately, within a year, her health deteriorated and I came back to care for her. I wasn't old enough to stay with her at Crestwood, so we got a townhouse together and I took care of my mother until she passed away. I tried to get help from CICOA, Salvation Army, Goodwill, various nursing agencies in Indiana, and was told my mother got too much Social Security to get any help from any of those agencies. So, I guess you could say, I have a bad taste in my mouth re: assisted living in Indiana.

Dear Karen,

I am so happy you and your mother were well pleased with the features and benefits offered at Crestwood Village. I sincerely regret we were unable to accommodate you due to the age restrictions set forth by the state and federal government. Elder care can be such a challenge and I am heartbroken by stories like yours, whereby there seemed to be no good solution. Please accept my condolence on the loss of your mother.

Sincerely, Suzanne Dennis, Justus Companies, VP Corporate Communications

Questions about Neighborcare at Chapel Hill

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Neighborcare at Chapel Hill. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

We are a 50 and older independent living community. Our Neighbors are 50 to over 100. Many still work; we have 200-plus Veterans on campus and over 100 spouses of Veterans. They have typical interests and hobbies - exercising, gardening, pets, crafts, sewing, music, art, travel, volunteering, faith, etc. As an independent living community, we do not provide direct care to our Neighbors. But many receive support from family, paid caregivers, and/or home health agencies.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

We are about 15 minutes from downtown Indianapolis, where people can enjoy museums, sporting events, theatre, music, and more. Shopping for daily needs and pharmacies within 5 minutes of NeighborCare.

What transportation services does Neighborcare at Chapel Hill offer to independent living residents?

Our bus runs Monday-Friday and has a regular route for errands and shopping; no medical transportation

What makes the chef or dining program at Neighborcare at Chapel Hill exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Our full-service Cafe offers daily specials, and an always available menu; fish and shrimp baskets on Fridays; hamburgers are a hit.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Each of our 8 apartment buildings have common areas where activities are held; we also have a clubhouse with a ballroom for campus activities

What safety features or security measures does Neighborcare at Chapel Hill offer to independent living residents?

All exterior doors are locked from the outside 24/7, with the exception of the main entrance to each building, which is open during office hours. You must have a key to enter outside of office hours. We also contract with a security service.

If Neighborcare at Chapel Hill accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Pets are welcome; we have green spaces where they can be walked/exercised (on a leash).

Does Neighborcare at Chapel Hill work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

NeighborCare is an independent living community and does not provide medical care. We make referrals to other providers to meet our Neighbors' care needs.

Costs for Neighborcare at Chapel Hill

Photos of Neighborcare at Chapel Hill

Services and Amenities of Neighborcare at Chapel Hill

• Pets: All Pets Allowed.

About Neighborcare at Chapel Hill

• All apartments have full kitchens.
  • Meals will be available for purchase (pay as you go) in our dining room, served from a menu restaurant style.
  • Rent includes all utilities including internet*, phone and cable TV included. (*limited areas of access in the community).
  • We offer a gym, pool, ballroom, library, chapel, beauty salon.
  • Physical therapy gym onsite with contract professionals.

We have a Health & Fitness Director to encourage a healthy lifestyle as well as organize fun classes and seminars.

Our Life Enrichment Director will coordinate entertainment programs, activities and outings for the community population.

Coming soon: Wellness clinic & contract in home care.

24 hour Security & Maintenance is included.

As a member of the NeighborCare family, NeighborCare of Chapel Hill residents will enjoy a vibrant, high-quality, person-focused environment to age in place.

We are a private pay community geared toward affordable living and a neighborhood atmosphere. Now accepting Sec. 8 vouchers.

Our independent living community offers several lifestyle options for active adults and is committed to promoting good health in a neighborly atmosphere. Nestled in a quiet residential neighborhood, our campus offers convenient access to popular shopping destinations.

Map of Neighborcare at Chapel Hill