Independence Village of Rockford

Reviews of Independence Village of Rockford

Assisted Living Reviews for Independence Village of Rockford

June 07, 2017

By paul400044

My mom is in Independence Village. The people in the management department are extremely friendly. I am very impressed with the amenities that they offer. The price is reasonable too. My mom says when she first get there that there is just way too much food because she is a small lady and she eats like a bird. They come in and clean the apartment. She says to me the other day that it is starting to feel like home. She has an apartment near the elevator on the third floor which is very good because she has breathing issues if she walks great distances. They are very accommodating about getting her needs met. The people at the front desk are friendly. When you talk to them about something that is maybe not quite perfect, they get right on it right away. One of the staff that works in the cafeteria or the kitchen has been there over 30 years. The owners are interested in not only taking care of the clients, but also the people that work for them. A lot of the people have been there over 20 years. The place is clean. The inside courtyard is well manicured. It is a nice place to go sit and talk. It is a great place. I will recommend it to anybody's parents.

January 10, 2017

By Chris024157

Independence Village of Rockford seemed big. Everybody was friendly, but there seemed to be a lot of older people. The guest bathroom smelled urine, and I didn?t care for that. Other than that, the place was fine. The people were OK, but they didn?t seem quite eager to say 'hi' and we were kind of stared at. It felt a little bit awkward going in there. They had a nice exercise room and an additional kitchen if the residents wanted to cook. I saw the laundry facility, and it was also nice. They had a media room, but it was on the small side. If you wanted your laundry or if you wanted TV, you had to pay extra, but I think they were on the lower end as to the cost.

January 02, 2017

By Sue286844

Independence Village was the best one that we've seen. There were services they give you were free; for example: during the winter time, they would go out, get cars started, warm them up, and pull them up to the front door for the residents. The food was great, the people were very friendly, and there were lots of things to do. That's the one we're going to choose. The price was very reasonable, while others cost twice as much.

March 10, 2015

The rooms and the dining room looked nice. I did not find a problem with safety. My niece and her sister liked Independence Village, but they do not accept patients with electric mobility wheelchairs.

November 02, 2012

By michaelharris13

When me and my grandmother first entered this assisted living home we were showered with hospitality. Instantly we were asked if we needed something to drink or something to snack on. They noticed right away that my grandmother had trouble walking so they brought her a wheel chair which I thought was very observant, and professional. The housing manager started on asking about what we were looking for and her basic hobbies and interests. As my grandmother answered her questions I roamed around the general lobby and felt very at home. There were books and uniquely beautiful art pieces at every book end and pillar. There were no TV's on the bottom level but I am a young adult and the elderly tend to enjoy more hands on realistic sociable activities. Games and tables were all around the lobby, people playing checkers all the way to people reading a book together. My grandmother took an interest instantly to the friendliness and respect not only of the staff but the people that were there.A lot of elderly people like to keep to themselves and are somewhat cranky and self preserved, but this was not the case. Other than beautiful ornate curtains and carpeting there were vivid fish tanks and brightly pretty flowers everywhere. I knew this was the place for her after %minutes of being here. The second time we went there my grandmother got into more detail of her needs and such. Her biggest concern was her cat Panda. Nobody else in the facility had asked to bring a pet in before but after being married for over 50 years she was very lonely until she got herself a friend. After visiting many assisted living homes that would not allow her to bring her cat with her she was addicted to Independence Village the second they let her have her cat. Overall the staff were some the nicest and caring people I have ever met. In less than 2 weeks we had her belongings slimmed down and she was moved in happily and homely. To this day I visit her and her little friend Panda. She always has a smile on her face and everybody we walk by knows her, asking her if shes going to this group or playing this game with them tonight. It makes me a very happy person knowing I was a big part in finding somewhere for her to live where she would be happy once again.

Independent Living Reviews for Independence Village of Rockford

December 21, 2017

By Victoria

I think Independence Village of Rockford is a wonderful community for my parents. It offers a variety of entertainment for them, it offers meals and security, and it allows them to be independent as opposed to assisted living. It's a beautiful community. The staff is excellent. My parents' room seems new. It is very clean, freshly painted, and freshly carpeted. I wouldn't call it spacious, but it is adequate for two people. There is a lot of musical entertainment, Bingo, a lot of group games, movies, religious services, and holiday-specific programs like Veterans Day and Christmas. They have Moving and Grooving classes, which is exercising to music. They also have open house in their apartments if they want to decorate and invite other residents in. Their dining area is open-eating for two hours. Residents can come and go whenever they like. They also can eat at the same time.

May 01, 2015

By Cheryl105600450

My parent is at Independence Village. We chose them because my grandmother was there, so we're kind of familiar with that place. They have their own independent apartments.

Questions about Independence Village of Rockford

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Independence Village of Rockford. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Independence Village is comprised of active seniors with an average age of 82. With a robust roster of activities, every resident can get as engaged as they want - with conversations, playing cards, doing crafts, playing pool, or participating in weekly Bible study. There are weekly outings ranging from shopping to various art performances. A variety of entertainers come to the community to do weekly performances.

Costs for Independence Village of Rockford

Photos of Independence Village of Rockford

Services and Amenities of Independence Village of Rockford

• State Licenses: n/a

About Independence Village of Rockford

When we founded Independence Village more than quarter century ago, we made it our commitment to do all we could to ensure our residents’ senior years would be the best years of their lives.

Our hard work is devoted to making your day pleasurable and comfortable. We respect you, the values you hold true to yourself, and we will work tirelessly to show you how much we appreciate your decision to make Independence Village your home. It is our goal to meet your needs, exceed your expectations, and do so efficiently, effectively, and affordable in an environment that is beautiful, warm, and inviting. Just like home.

All of us at Independence Village have made it our highest priority to provide our residents with a safe, friendly, supportive environment in which they can flourish physically, emotionally and socially. We offer the perfect combination of community and independence. Our staff prides itself on respecting the privacy and individuality of our residents while, at the same time, providing a real sense of community.

What’s included in my lease?

• Delicious, nutritionally balanced, home cooked meals 365 days a year
  • Weekly housekeeping and linen service
  • Free, easy access to laundry facilities
  • Free monthly parking
  • Regularly scheduled transportation to appointments, shopping and activities
  • Daily activities that include low-impact exercise, arts & crafts, card and board games, movie nights and of course, BINGO!

As you plan for the next chapter, Independence Village strives to ensure that you continue to enjoy the privacy and independence of having your own personal belongings and memories in your new home and giving you the time to continue to add to those memories instead of the worries and responsibilities of home ownership.

Choices for Your Lifestyle

Think you’ll be sitting around all day? Only if that’s what you choose to do. We have interesting activities scheduled every day, throughout the day, and we do as many things outside in the community as we do inside our own community.

Once here you will also enjoy the convenience of on-site amenities such as our Village Store, our well stocked Library, Exercise Room, TV Lounge and a Beauty Salon / Barber shop that will keep you looking your best.

At Independence Village, we want you to feel absolutely safe and secure. So, in addition to our on-site management, we also provide an emergency call system and 24-hour professional staffing.

We’re here, waiting for you! Come on, join in, and turn the page to your next chapter.

At Independence Village, we know that daily activities can become difficult as you grow older. Should you need extra help with daily living, the services of an independent home care agency are available at our community for additional fees.

Map of Independence Village of Rockford