Copper Springs Senior Living

Reviews of Copper Springs Senior Living

Assisted Living Reviews for Copper Springs Senior Living

December 22, 2017

By Dave

We had my mother all set up for Copper Springs. Items were moved into the room, and she was set to move in, but they couldn't move her in because they had issues with the Health and Welfare Department with the state. They had typical amenities and similar activities, but they're disorganized and not well staffed. The rooms were larger. They're not as updated or well maintained, but they do have room sizes and views of a cornfield. That was the selling factor: you look out in the window and see the mountains. I've talked to a lot of residents who seemed like they were pretty happy.
Thank you, Dave, for reaching out to us. Your opinion plays an integral part in the care we provide our residents. If you'd be willing, Becky Allison would like to speak with you to discuss ways to improve your experience with Copper Springs Senior Living moving forward. Thank you for your input. Please contact the community and we hope to hear from you soon. - Rebecca Wood, Copper Springs

September 29, 2015

Diamond View was a very nice facility but more like a nursing home. The configuration of the rooms were very odd, and it was impractical. They need to remodel and reconfigure the setup of the rooms.

March 25, 2015

Diamond View was not as nice as the other two facilities we visited. The facility itself was very nice, and the dining area was spacious, but we thought that the rooms were smaller.

February 11, 2015

By Caring102202850

I guess Diamond View is a lot more caring, considerate, and kind than the other two places I was looking at. Of the other two places, the people actually got into a bidding war, bidding the price up to care for my father. That is the reality of why we finally chose Diamond View. They did an assessment for my dad. He has Alzheimer's, and there's some things going on in there. But he is still functioning, and he still does things. They did not bid it up and did not go crazy on it like the other two. The rooms actually came completely furnished for him. He has his own TV, and they have cable TV for the patrons also. They are also close to the hospital. It was night time when he fell down a couple of weeks ago. They took him directly to the emergency room. Immediately when he fell in the middle of the night, they were calling me. I really am satisfied. I'm surprised because you hear horror stories, so I wasn't sure. But everything we have seen so far has been really top notch and good.

November 28, 2014

I didn’t like Diamond View because first of all the administrator was busy, and he assigned someone else to do the tour. It was too overwhelming, and there was no follow up. He was supposed to call, and he did not and I don’t like that. I like the activity room; there were lots of people involved in activities. It’s a larger facility; the rooms are pretty far away from a lot of them anyway. The ones we were chosen were far away from the activity center so that was sort of a negative. I visited their assisted living room and their memory care room, and it just didn’t strike me. The room available to my mom was too far away from the activity place. She needed something closer, and they didn’t have anything closer.

July 29, 2014

By Caring78319650

The staff at Diamond View Assisted Living is wonderful. I appreciate them a lot. They aren't pushy and they're helpful. It's a little more restricted than I'm looking for. What I would really like is more of an apartment setting type where you just come and go, because there have been times that my husband needed to be contained. All the meals are had in the dining room. It's very nice. They're very clean, very friendly. They have animals, which I liked. They offer a really good program. People come in for entertainment and holiday stuff. The dining room is pleasant, clean, very large, open, and inviting. I'm very pleased.

February 27, 2014

I think the meals they serve are crappy. They seem to care about their patients, but the food that they serve is not nutritious and not appetite looking. We've been there when my father-in-law have had meals, and he complained about how horrible it was. He won't even eat them half the time because they're just very poor quality. Those are the high priority issues to me. Good nutrition is very important. The facility is very close to my brother-in-law, so he visits him a lot. The staff we met and talked to were friendly and nice, so there's no problem with that. I think the rooms are small. He's in a 1-bedroom with a large bed, because he's over 6 foot tall and probably weighs 250 lbs. But there's just enough room for TV, the bed, to get into the bathroom. They didn't have anything available and the room is in the very back of the whole building. He has to walk to the front. I'm not happy with that because that hurts his leg. He doesn't participate in any of the activities. But they keep a close eye on him and make sure he's okay. The one thing I don't like about it is they have escape routes, which is good. But you go out the door, at the end of the building the walkways is about 10 feet and then there's a gate. So if you have to escape because the place is on fire, you can only get to the gate. The gate is locked. How are they supposed to get over the gate to get away from a burning building? To me, that's a hazard. I work for the fire department, and I find that to be an extreme hazard. That does worry me. Maybe they think they will never have a fire and maybe they never will, but it only takes one.

October 17, 2013

By Lynda8

I visited Diamond View and though the lady who took me for a tour was nice, I didn't like it. I thought it was noisy and they had a dog wondering around which I thought was not good. The rooms were small. The people were sharing bathrooms.

October 28, 2012

By concerned17

I was not impressed by their RN constantly changing my mother's medications and not administering them to her and other residents as the doctor had prescribed them. I know facilities are allowed a 1 hour window to both sides of when a doctor prescribes the time it needs to be taken but when you only serve breakfast during certain hours and the doctor says the medicine must be administered to the patient 30 minutes before meals and they don't get you the medications until a half hour to an hour after they stop serving breakfast is ridiculous. This facility is way to large for the amount of staff they have to resident ratio. When I witnessed a resident that was not ambulatory and asked staff to wheel her back to her room they told her no that it was almost time for lunch anyway and that she would have to stay put. They even said they were too busy. My heart breaks for anyone that truly needs help and is put here.

Services and Amenities of Copper Springs Senior Living

About Copper Springs Senior Living

Copper Springs Senior Living is a senior living provider in Meridian, Idaho that offers residents Assisted Living and Assisted Living. Contact Copper Springs Senior Living for more details on services and rates.

Map of Copper Springs Senior Living