The Bridge At Lawrenceville Lawrenceville, GA

Reviews of The Bridge At Lawrenceville

Assisted Living Reviews for The Bridge At Lawrenceville

January 18, 2017

By RyansScreenName

The grounds and facility is nice as are the admissions staff, but that's where it ends. Nurses are rude and lazy. My mother-in-law was here for a few days for inpatient rehab following open heart surgery. First of all she's diabetic, so she needs a very specific diet, the did not give her a diabetic diet. After repeated requests they did not give her a diabetic diet, her blood sugar routinely got up to 500 and she needed way more insulin than normal just to function. Also due to the poor diet here, she developed a bowel obstruction. We never would've known except one of her daughters is a nurse, she recognized some of the symptoms and asked a nurse at the facility to check her. The nurse said it wasn't her job and walked off. So she tried the information desk to ask someone else and was again refused help. Since she herself is a nurse she went ahead and checked out my mother-in-law, who it turns out was bleeding, in a good deal of pain and in need of medical attention. When she asked the nurses to take my mother-in-law to the hospital they again refused and said a doctor would need to order that. So she asked them to call the doctor, which they also refused. So at this point her daughter grabbed the chart from the nurses desk, found out who the doctor was, called the doctor and explained the situation, he immediately ordered her to be sent to the hospital for treatment. The staff then told us she would be going to Emory Midtown but not when. After repeated calls they continue to state that she's going to Emory Midtown but they don't know when, we heard this from more than one person. The frustration is building at this point and we get a call from mother-in-law letting us know she's at the hospital, but she's at Gwinnett Medical Center. LifeCare never called to correct the false information they had given us. I can't in good conscience recommend this to my worst enemy, it's a wonder they're legally allowed to operate. Their negligence would've severely injured my mother-in-law had it not been for one of her quick thinking daughters. Never again.

December 06, 2016

By Robert221445

The one I visited is called The Bridge At Lawrenceville. It is ideal because it is situated right next to an independent living place and a nursing home. It is right in between; that’s why it is called The Bridge. They’re all there together. It appeared to be very clean, well-kept, and well-managed. The rooms were adequate. It was convenient to where I live.

December 06, 2016

By Robert221445

My wife was at Life Care Center of Lawrenceville. It was very clean, and it smelled nice, which is a big bonus for a nursing home. The care seemed to be adequate. It wasn’t outstanding. The food was good. It was very tasty.

September 09, 2016

By Granny2

I was admitted to this facility with C-Diff and therefore in isolation for over two weeks. The therapy was good even though it had to be done in the room. The nursing care for the most part was okay some better than others. It did take a long time to get anyone to come to my room when I used the buzzer. I feel that my care was not as good as it should have been because of the isolation. If I have to be in rehab for any reason in the future, I will not choose this facility.

August 22, 2016

She's at The Bridge at Lawrenceville, and I like it. It's good, and she seems happy there. They have bingo, puzzles, and entertainment. They have a variety every day. The staff seems fine, attentive, and caring. They have big bathrooms, and the hallways are bright with a lot of light coming in. The decor is nice and tastefully done. They have three facilities. They've got a rehab center, which is where she was sent after leaving the hospital. The independent living unit is called Garden Plaza at Lawrenceville. Many people at Garden Plaza move to The Bridge when they need additional help. It's nice to have all three facilities right next to each other so it's not too hard on the staff. Garden Plaza is very nice and looks like an expensive hotel. Garden Plaza's first floor is very nice. The dining area is large and very well-decorated, and it's very nice. I didn't notice anything unusual.

August 21, 2016

By britirie

My father stayed here and we were so disappointed. His medication was always late and the communication with the nurses/cna and the therapists were poor. Therapist usually do not change the patient before doing therapy but one was so nice to do it because she knew the CNAs would take a long time to come and change him. Also they lost most of all my father's clothes and it's been several weeks now and they have not reimbursed us. We we will be writing an official letter of complaint to the board..

October 27, 2015

By Naomi9

I didn't like The Bridge at Lawrenceville. Other people have recommended it, but I was not impressed. It was even more expensive and seemed to offer less. They had a level where they could live in the fancier one that is almost resort-like, which was the newest part of their facility. However, the one where my father-in-law would need to be had that smell when you walk in. Also, the lady that's in charge of the program was a little pushy. They cost more for less amenities, and even the rooms were smaller. It didn't offer as much. They had far fewer things available in their activities in comparison to the other place we visited. They need to be competitive price-wise.

February 22, 2015

By Anne101597450

I was at Life Care Center for my rehab, and I was pleased with them. The employees were respectful. The place was clean. The food was OK. They had other things to do there besides exercise. I was in a shared room, but it was large enough.

December 09, 2014

I had been to rehab at Life Care Center of Lawrenceville. My experience with them was great. The care was very good. Sanitation was not nearly as good as it could have been. The bathrooms weren't kept very clean. It definitely could use an upgrade in sanitation. Food was fine. Regarding accommodation, there were two people to a room, and it was very cramped and crowded.

October 05, 2012

By blkr00t

My initial impression of this facility was very good. This was prior to both my parents becoming residents there. I am an Ordained minister and had the occasion to visit there for a member who was in the late stage of her life. I was impressed with the cleanliness of the facility and how well kept the grounds were. Unfortunately, the experience was much worse once my parents became residents there.Again, initially everything was fine until the health of my parents began to decline. My mother developed a stomach ulcer which caused her to vomit very frequently. As a result of all of the vomiting she became severely dehydrated. Her condition eventually deteriorated to the point where she couldn't eat. I was disappointed that the staff at the facility did not consider the condition of my mother holistically. They kept referring us to the fact that her vital signs were fine even though we kept encouraging them to admit Mom into the emergency room. Finally she was admitted and ended up staying in the hospital for two full weeks. She almost had to be put on a feeding tube. The doctors told us that we got our mother there just in time. I am disappointed that a place that looks so good on the outside, can have a few individuals working there who taint the image of the facility. I still think the facility writ large is a fine one but we were compelled to relocate our parents to another facility. Overall I think most of the staff are very capable. This is evidenced by the fact that very recently our mother asked to go back to visit just to say goodby to some of the staff there. Her own words were that most of the staff were very good to her.

November 17, 2011

By GTds3

My grandmother had to stay at this assisted living facility while recovering from a broken hip bone. I can honestly say that this was exactly what I was looking for as a grandson who cared about his grandmother. The people who cared for my grandmother were very accepting and cared for her diabetes flawlessly. Many people in the past have had a difficult time caring for my grandmother because she has to take insulin everyday. My grandmother always was happy with the food as well as the activities that this place provided. I would go in about once a week and see my grandmother. The facilities were so nice, especially compared to what I was expecting. The nurses were always so kind to me also. As I walked in one of the ladies got to know me and would have an in depth conversation to me about how my grandmother had been over the past week along with how my life was going. As my comments above have said, this place is definitely worth a look.

November 02, 2011

By SilentKnightHolyNight1

Nursing homes are not always depressing places. A family member of mine took care of a lady at this facility. She always described her as quite happy and that she had a fine experience every time she would take care of said elderly person. The best part about this was, the facility was enjoyable even for able bodied people. It was a nice facility and she would often talk about how nice she thought the architecture was. I never really thought it was a big deal until one day I saw it myself. I could not believe how nicely built this facility was. This is a great facility for any older person and they should be proud to be staying at such a nice facility.

Nursing Home Reviews for The Bridge At Lawrenceville

October 18, 2012

By Tim6

Though the facility is quite expensive, they have taken great care of my grandmother. Lifecare of Lawerenceville features some of the best staffing we encountered at nursing homes as well a very comfortable living arrangements. The nursing home is run like a well oiled machine yet it doesn't feel like some sort of alien place. It is clean and safe and my family couldn't be more satisfied with the quality.

February 29, 2012

By Cerny5

I was looking for a facility for my mother in the event she needed to move into a nursing home. My mother stayed in the rehabilitation center after a short hospital stay. Life Care was very clean. The staff was friendly with many activities provided for the residents. Activities included bingo and board games. There was also an ice cream parlor on the premises as well as a game room. The food seemed reasonably prepared although a little bland. They did have a good menu selection based on proper nutrition. Menu items included roasted chicken and vegetables as well as pot roast and potatoes. There were also occupational and physical therapists on site. The staff seemed very knowledgeable and competent. Therapeutic activities included activities to improve fine motor skills and activities to improve overall body movement such as the treadmill. My mother had Parkinson's so the staff worked to improve her overall balance. The outside of the facility as well kept. There was a nice garden area with lovely flowers which were well tended. Overall, we were impressed with the facility.

Services and Amenities of The Bridge At Lawrenceville

Payment options

• Credit Card
  • Check

About The Bridge At Lawrenceville

The Bridge At Lawrenceville is a senior living provider in Lawrenceville, Georgia that offers residents Assisted Living and Nursing Homes. Contact The Bridge At Lawrenceville for more details on services and rates.

Map of The Bridge At Lawrenceville