Kennesaw Place

Reviews of Kennesaw Place

Assisted Living Reviews for Kennesaw Place

January 13, 2015

By Rich7

The Brookdale Kennesaw is beautiful and clean. The staff is incredible, and the rooms are nice. We went to their thanksgiving celebration, and the food was very good. There is a supermarket nearly 300 feet from the place, and everything you might need is right around it. They have activities like bingo, trips, Christmas celebration, Thanksgiving, family dinners, and they have singers who come in.

February 27, 2014

Wellington Place was great. The staff seemed wonderful. My mother and I ate a meal there and the food was very good. The rooms seemed adequate for one person. They had music, they grow plants, and other usual activities. I like that it's all in one level. It's a little cozier than the other ones I've looked at.

November 27, 2013

I remember the lady at Wellington Place of Kennesaw. She was very knowledgeable and very helpful with any questions that we have. I would recommend others to visit the facility.

October 20, 2013

By DD2

Appreciated the value of a smaller, more intimate community. Residents seemed very well cared for and it was clean. Felt like I was not being pressured to put a deposit down. Staff was friendly and was very receptive to any questions or concerns I had.

September 29, 2013

By Melvin1

Wellington Place of Kennesaw was clean and quiet. The staff were very nice. There was a swimming pool and they had all kinds of activities. When I visited, the seniors went down to the recreation room for a party served with meals. Unfortunately, I had large furniture and they couldn't accommodate it. Other than that, it was a really nice place.

September 10, 2013

By Tom and Peggy

It's nice at Welling Place of Kennesaw. We actually have a friend, a next-door neighbor, that's there. When we visited, we also talked to someone who was in-charge that day and she was very nice. She showed us all around. Lunch was also very nice. It wasn't gourmet but it was not everyday sandwiches like we have. There weren't any activities that we know of that was going on that day. We also saw one of the rooms but it would not be big enough for my wife and me.

March 26, 2013

By duckterloo

We moved my mother to Wellington in January of 2012, moving her from the Sanctuary at Northstar despite the fact that she was in late stages of Alzheimer's, knowing that the move would throw her for a loop. The staff at Wellington took the time to KNOW my mom, what her personal preferences and needs were, and they went out of the way to meet them from day one. You always worry about what things are like for your loved one when you are not at the facility. My mother passed away last week and I was with her almost 24 hours a day. Not once did I witness any act of neglect or disrespect toward any resident by any staff member. No resident was ever ignored or left to fend for herself. The staff came in to visit Mom often and to say goodbye during that last week. Several even came and sat for extra hours AFTER their shift ended just to be with her and us. Moving Mom to Wellington was one of the best decisions we could have made.

November 20, 2012

By MrN1

The staff was very friendly when they greeted me during each visit, and they seemed pretty knowledgeable in regards to any questions I had. The rooms had plenty of space and seemed pretty comfortable, and there was a television with cable as well. The front door area of the building had rocking chairs, which my grandmother enjoyed sitting in and knitting. This fit in with the quaint feel of this facility. While I never had any of the food served, it did look delicious, and my grandmother seemed to enjoy it enough to occasionally get a second serving at dinner time. The staff would often serve more traditional southern food. The entire facility is clearly all about keeping seniors active and healthy. The staff was very encouraging towards the seniors in regards to a healthy lifestyle. Over all, because everything was provided for my grandmother, and she seemed not only happy, but active and healthy, this facility exceeded my expectations.

May 25, 2012

By SavannahLover

My Dad had a stroke and then lived in this facility for several years before he died at age 94. He loved this place , because they preserved his independence and treated him with respect and like family. He loved Tony and Melanie and Beth for their interest in him and he loved all the activities. He was very much an extrovert and owned a barber shop for many years so the people contact was perfect for him. His room was like a little apt and very sufficient for him. I miss seeing all of them since he died since I stay busy in my job , but everytime I go by there - I am thankful for the good life they provided when he was somewhat physically limited in his ability to take care of all his needs. I would highly recommend this facility to anyone looking for a good home for their loved one.

May 09, 2012

By Greeneyedsusan

I feel extremely fortunate to have chosen this facility for my mother. She started in assisted living and as the disease progressed, she was moved to the alzheimers care unit in the same facility. The staff do so much for my mother. They love her as I do and I know that she is in good hands.

September 27, 2011

By LiveLife1

I was not to thrilled when i visited here. I am a person who loves entertainment and I didn't see too much of that going on. Mostly everyone was in their rooms or watching tv. They had some extra activities like boardgames and karaoke but no one was participating.

October 08, 2010

By Howard Wolf

Responsible party

It was Labor Day weekend and we received a call about my mom around 10 am. They said she'd fallen and had a contusion on her forehead. That we should come by right away and take her to the emergency room. I asked when it had happened and they said at 5:30 that morning. So, we rushed over and took her to an urgent care facility for treatment. I thought the director might call us the following week with an explanation but we never heard from him. So, I stopped by to meet with him and asked him if he was aware what had happened. He said no. Shortly after that, we decided to move her to another facility.

Costs for Kennesaw Place

Photos of Kennesaw Place

Services and Amenities of Kennesaw Place

• State Licenses: PCH001400

• Get Costs

About Kennesaw Place

Kennesaw Place is a pet friendly senior living community where providing compassionate assistance with daily routines comes naturally. In addition to the high quality assisted living optins provided, our community also offers Alzheimer's and Dementia Care, so residents have peace of mind knowing they can stay here if their needs change. We develop individual care plans to meet the needs of each resident, and a full-time licensed nurse is available 24 hours a day to provide clinical oversight and coordination of care. Our small town charm and southern hospitality is evident by how we offer our residents the opportunity to thrive in mind and body. We have a fitness center, daily exercise classes and provide activities like Puzzles & Tea, TED Talks, Crosswords & Coloring, and Spiritual Studies & Singing to engage you physically, mentally and spiritually. We also enjoy taking advantage of the area by planning shopping, dining and sightseeing excursions. Request more information about our senior living community today.

Map of Kennesaw Place