Kennesaw Place

Reviews of Kennesaw Place

Assisted Living Reviews for Kennesaw Place

June 22, 2021

By Dale

Kennesaw Place seemed very nice. The place looks clean, and it seems professionally run. I would have put my grandfather there, if they had decided to move him from Florida.The one person I interacted with seemed very nice. The room was nice. It seemed a bit larger than the one he is in now. I know that they had a library and a fireplace. There were books to read. I did go into the library, and I thought it was nice. She had mentioned that the chef that they have does a great job with not only regular cooking, but baking too, The staff will usually eat the food that they make because they like it.

March 08, 2021

By Brian

We chose Kennesaw Place for my mom. They were able to communicate and handle the transition from the acute care center over to the long-term facility. They were proactive in helping us. The move-in experience was great. We're still struggling a little bit with getting her insulin medications, and getting all that figured out with the med techs and the nurse there. I guess there's been some changes in procedure with Medicare. I think there's a lot of rules and regulations, which we were not aware of when we moved in. A lot of it is medication. It's all new to us, 'cause none of this was what my mother was on before going into this place, so it's been a learning experience, and we're still struggling a little bit, but it's moving out. The staff has been very helpful, really good, so we've been very pleased with them. My mother says the food is good. The apartment could be a little bit larger, they've done some renovations, but compared to the other place it was a little bit smaller square footage wise. It's very well maintained, all on one level, which is really nice. That was another factor that we really liked.

January 19, 2021

By Michael

I was able to visit the Kennesaw Place at Jiles road. We just got in their lobby and they talked to us. They seemed very polite and helpful but it's a little farther away. I wanted somewhere that's close by, where most of my friends are and just a hop, skip and a jump from where we belong at church so I could continue going. The Kennesaw looked real good and nice. I didn't go in, just in the lobby that one time, but they've been good and gave us a virtual tour. I would probably have taken them if this other facility weren't more convenient. The person who assisted me was very good, the lady's name was Lacy. I think they have some places to plant flowers outside. It looked very good, it looked like a great place.

Michael, it was our pleasure to assist you during your search and we are thrilled that you have found the perfect home for you and Ms. Lily. Thank you so much for the kind words and we wish you all the best! -Lacey

July 02, 2019

By Joe

Kennesaw Place was very good, and we're very satisfied. The food is much better than I'd expected. They have a tremendous chef with a great background. The room service is adequate. Even though the place is on the highway, it's set back a little bit and fine. The staff work as a team very well and try to keep everybody as active as they can. They make it easy for me to be a caregiver for my wife too. My wife is in a single room. It's a small operation with about 40 rooms. Overnight they have at least two people on staff. In the general population and the memory care wing, they also have two people on duty all the time. The caregivers seem to really work together. They have council meetings where everybody's invited and you can come and spout out any problems you have. They have a veteran's club and once a week, they take the residents out. They have meetings with the VA and speakers to come in to give you guidance. The staff is very good.

May 10, 2016

By Caring friendVWUBS

The reason I chose it was for the location. We looked at several facilities, and I found this one to be very clean and caters to a small group. There are only 13 Alzheimer’s rooms, which are basically private rooms, and I felt that this probably was the best for the person I wanted to place there. We have people at our church who would visit this gentleman if the family is not going to visit him. They are not visiting him, so I put him close to the church where people could visit him.

January 31, 2016

By Cyndy1

I visited for my mother. The staff was very friendly. I didn’t try eating there but we did look at the dining room and it was nice. What impressed me was their friendliness. They’re easy to work with.

April 16, 2015

We choose it because it attractive, clean looking, and looks like it is freshly painted. It is just more attractive than the other places that I have moved to. I talked to them, and they said they can take care of my sister with her dementia and things like that. That is the main reason. It also looks more homey. They have activities and things that keep them kind of busy. They have outsiders that come in and put on programs and sing. They have parties for them for Valentine's, Saint Patrick's day, and Easter. They keep them occupied, and they are not sitting in the room all day long. They don't have time to be bored. The food is not anything exceptional. It is just pretty average. They serve them meat, 2 vegetables, dessert, and bread. However, they have a salad bar and fruit bar at lunch time, but those who can't get up and get their own salad can't get any unless, they ask for it. They don't serve it to them, and that bothers me. My sister likes fruit, so I ask them to please give her fruit every day at lunch, and they say they will, but I haven't been there to check if they are doing it. However, I believe they probably are. I know they are taking good care of her. They walk her back and forth to her room. They really are very attentive, and they even do everything I ask them to do so far. However, sometimes her room is not straight. Maybe they are busy, and sometimes the bed is not made up really good. Most times, it is, but sometimes it is not. They say they take them out for ice cream or lunch, but the weather has been so bad; it is either been cold or rainy. I don't think they have taken them out since she's been there, and she's been there since February 11 but I think it is because of the weather.

January 13, 2015

By Rich7

It is beautiful and clean. The staff is incredible, and the rooms are nice. We went to their thanksgiving celebration, and the food was very good. There is a supermarket nearly 300 feet from the place, and everything you might need is right around it. They have activities like bingo, trips, Christmas celebration, Thanksgiving, family dinners, and they have singers who come in.

February 27, 2014

It was great. The staff seemed wonderful. My mother and I ate a meal there and the food was very good. The rooms seemed adequate for one person. They had music, they grow plants, and other usual activities. I like that it's all in one level. It's a little cozier than the other ones I've looked at.

November 27, 2013

I remember the lady, she was very knowledgeable and very helpful with any questions that we have. I would recommend others to visit the facility.

October 20, 2013

By DD2

Appreciated the value of a smaller, more intimate community. Residents seemed very well cared for and it was clean. Felt like I was not being pressured to put a deposit down. Staff was friendly and was very receptive to any questions or concerns I had.

September 29, 2013

By Melvin1

It was clean and quiet. The staff were very nice. There was a swimming pool and they had all kinds of activities. When I visited, the seniors went down to the recreation room for a party served with meals. Unfortunately, I had large furniture and they couldn't accommodate it. Other than that, it was a really nice place.

September 10, 2013

By Tom and Peggy

It's nice. We actually have a friend, a next-door neighbor, that's there. When we visited, we also talked to someone who was in-charge that day and she was very nice. She showed us all around. Lunch was also very nice. It wasn't gourmet but it was not everyday sandwiches like we have. There weren't any activities that we know of that was going on that day. We also saw one of the rooms but it would not be big enough for my wife and me.

November 20, 2012

By MrN1

The staff was very friendly when they greeted me during each visit, and they seemed pretty knowledgeable in regards to any questions I had. The rooms had plenty of space and seemed pretty comfortable, and there was a television with cable as well. The front door area of the building had rocking chairs, which my grandmother enjoyed sitting in and knitting. This fit in with the quaint feel of this facility. While I never had any of the food served, it did look delicious, and my grandmother seemed to enjoy it enough to occasionally get a second serving at dinner time. The staff would often serve more traditional southern food. The entire facility is clearly all about keeping seniors active and healthy. The staff was very encouraging towards the seniors in regards to a healthy lifestyle. Over all, because everything was provided for my grandmother, and she seemed not only happy, but active and healthy, this facility exceeded my expectations.

May 25, 2012

By SavannahLover

My Dad had a stroke and then lived in this facility for several years before he died at age 94. He loved this place , because they preserved his independence and treated him with respect and like family. He loved Tony and Melanie and Beth for their interest in him and he loved all the activities. He was very much an extrovert and owned a barber shop for many years so the people contact was perfect for him. His room was like a little apt and very sufficient for him. I miss seeing all of them since he died since I stay busy in my job , but everytime I go by there - I am thankful for the good life they provided when he was somewhat physically limited in his ability to take care of all his needs. I would highly recommend this facility to anyone looking for a good home for their loved one.

September 27, 2011

By LiveLife1

I was not to thrilled when i visited here. I am a person who loves entertainment and I didn't see too much of that going on. Mostly everyone was in their rooms or watching tv. They had some extra activities like boardgames and karaoke but no one was participating.

Memory Care Reviews for Kennesaw Place

Costs for Kennesaw Place

Photos of Kennesaw Place

Services and Amenities of Kennesaw Place

• State Licenses: PCH001400

• Get Costs

About Kennesaw Place

Kennesaw Place is a pet friendly senior living community where providing compassionate assistance with daily routines comes naturally. In addition to the high quality assisted living optins provided, our community also offers Alzheimer's and Dementia Care, so residents have peace of mind knowing they can stay here if their needs change. We develop individual care plans to meet the needs of each resident, and a full-time licensed nurse is available 24 hours a day to provide clinical oversight and coordination of care. Our small town charm and southern hospitality is evident by how we offer our residents the opportunity to thrive in mind and body. We have a fitness center, daily exercise classes and provide activities like Puzzles & Tea, TED Talks, Crosswords & Coloring, and Spiritual Studies & Singing to engage you physically, mentally and spiritually. We also enjoy taking advantage of the area by planning shopping, dining and sightseeing excursions. Request more information about our senior living community today.

Map of Kennesaw Place