Family Extended Care of Winter Haven

Reviews of Family Extended Care of Winter Haven

Assisted Living Reviews for Family Extended Care of Winter Haven

February 07, 2017

By Ernie278747

My dad is here. It is wonderful and absolutely amazing. I don’t think I could find a better place. They do activities every day with them. There is a central room where they play games and do activities, which leads out to an open area, screened porch, and a walkway, which he likes to go out and walk on a lot. His room is wonderful and very clean. Everything I have tasted so far has been delicious. He seems to like it and is eating better than he was at home. The thing that really impresses me about Hawthorne Inn is the director. She is just incredible and one of the most amazing persons I've ever met in my whole life.

Thank you so much for your kind words. We at Hawthorne Inn want to express our deepest gratitude for your posting. We love what we do, but most of all, we love our residents and families. We are always here for each and everyone of you. It is not often people speak of the goodness that you do, and when we hear it, we are most delighted and appreciative. We strive to make our residents feel as comfortable as possible. This is their home and we will continue to treat it as such. Thank you again and if you ever need anything from us, we are always here.

November 14, 2016

By Georgia051380

It was wonderful, but my mother chose to stay with my sister. My mother likes to play bingo and cards, and she likes to play piano. They have all of that. It’s definitely a 5 because we loved it. There’s a curio cabinet outside the door that you could put all your collectibles in. I will take my mother to see The Hawthorne Inn when she’s down here just to see what she missed because I think she would be much happier in a place like this one than she would be at my sister’s, but that’s OK. They were wonderful. I loved it. I talked to some of the residents, and they were wonderful. I loved it.

January 14, 2016

By Caring daughter117674850

It is fairly close to where my parents are now. The only problem that I have with moving them there is the lack of space. My mother does not need to be in memory care. She’s with my father where they are now, and they have a living room with a TV and places to sit, so she can have her somewhat normal life. At this facility, they have a large bedroom, but there’s no living room. It would be very hard to have their recliners, TV, and bed in that one room. But their dining rooms were wonderful, and the people there knew everyone by name. It was clean and smelled good, which are big deal. They actually had activities that were done according to where the people were in their levels of memory loss. If they needed help with eating, they would keep together the people that needed that help. My father is not as bad as a lot of them yet. They have activities that help them to be able to do things better throughout the day, like buttoning their pants, putting their clothes on right side out, and a lot of other teaching. They did even some exercise programs, which I thought was amazing, to get them up and moving around. And, of course, they had games and that type of thing, too. The working staff would go up, give them a hug, and know them by their names. It was like a big family, and you could see that from walking through the place. They did not put it on for show. They have more than one large, neat dining room. The people that could feed and take care of themselves were in one, with a separator in between. There wasn’t a locked door, so you could see through, but the two areas were separated. My father can still eat fine, so he and my mother would be on the other side. They had a theater room where they show movies or if you have family coming in, your family could also go in and watch a movie with them, and a few fun things that were a little different.

Thank you so much for your visit to our facility. It is wonderful to know that you would consider us in taking care of your parents. We are a smaller facility, so our space is not as large as others, however, we do try to make everything homelike and comfortable for the residents. Our staff really take pride in the privilege to care for each and every resident, therefore, they get to know them one by one. Their past, their families, which are important to them, and most of all, their being of who they are now. We strive to make their lives complete and fruitful. We cherish each and everyone of them and will do so as long as we can. I believe, every resident is unique and individual needs begin when you get to know your resident by who they are and not by "disease". Uniqueness is in all of them. It is important that staff are caring inside, rather than "job" geared from the outside. It is our privilege to love and care for all residents and family members. Please keep us in mind if you ever need anything. We are here. Administrator

December 20, 2015

By Ann117490550

We chose it because it seemed to be the best fit for my mother-in-law. They’re very caring people and seem to take very good care of their residents. There are plenty of activities for her to do, she has a very nice little apartment, her meals are excellent, and they do everything for her. She’s going to do just fine there.

Thank you so much for your comments. We value our residents and residents' families and friends. It is our utmost pleasure to care for your loved one and provide excellent care for them. We treasure them and are extremely grateful they chose us to share in their lives. We are humbled by their trust in us in providing for them. Thank you again for your warm thoughts. If there is anything we can do, please be sure to let our staff know. Sincerely, Administration

July 29, 2014

My aunt feels that it feels quite homey. The room is spacious and they have individual bathrooms, but no kitchen. They have four dining areas and depending on where you are at in the building, you go to a certain dining area. There were only like 20 people in the dining room. It is set up more like a home. She has been walking every day for years and they have an exercise program where she participates.

February 28, 2013

By caring0747

Everything is very nice. The staff, the room, and the food. They have all kinds of activities. They have movies, games, parties, bingo, music, and they have people come in to play for them. They also have a support group.

November 01, 2012

Everything's going good. The staff are very nice and very cooperative. I have no complaints about the food.

Memory Care Reviews for Family Extended Care of Winter Haven

Costs for Family Extended Care of Winter Haven

Photos of Family Extended Care of Winter Haven

Services and Amenities of Family Extended Care of Winter Haven

• Housing Extra: Shared Living

• Licenses: #AL8947

About Family Extended Care of Winter Haven

The unique four-"house" design of The Hawthorne Inn of Winter Haven fosters a home-like atmosphere, promoting social growth and self-sufficiency whenever possible. Each "house" provides a different level of service, allowing residents to be surrounded by those with their same abilities. Residents may have the privacy of their own room and bathroom, or choose to share it with a roommate. Every "house" has its own living and dining rooms and kitchenette to better accommodate each resident's needs. Additionally, everyone freely has access to courtyards and screen lanais.

The Hawthorne Inn recognizes the importance of providing services with resident dignity in mind. Our mission is to affect positively the lives of our residents and, in turn, the lives of their families.

Map of Family Extended Care of Winter Haven