Consulate Health Care of Vero Beach

Reviews of Consulate Health Care of Vero Beach

Nursing Home Reviews for Consulate Health Care of Vero Beach

August 02, 2017

By imadeitout

I was in this facility for just under three weeks, I must say it was the longest three weeks of my life!! I begged and pleaded with my family to get me out after being there for 3 days. The discharge planner Tom dragged his feet and was so ill organized I can't begin to tell you and rude beyond rude!! The building's administrator is also incredibly rude and clearly doesn't understand the needs of the patients that he serves. The food is always very cold and with little choices, one night they gave my roommate a peanut butter sandwich because they forgot to give her a food tray I felt terrible for this poor woman. A few days later they gave me a new roommate and two days after she was there she was on the floor next to her bed for over 1 hour screaming before anybody came in to assist her, I pushed my call button as well but did not get anyone there any sooner. The therapy department very friendly and went out of their way to make sure that I was comfortable after each session. Unfortunately over all my stay there was terrible I really feel bad for the patients that are not able to communicate and let their needs be known, furthermore the staff does not seem to care about the patients at this facility. Under no circumstances will I return to that building and my family agreed as well.

July 14, 2017

By Keveeno

Zero stars here too...my mother went in after having heart failure for rehab. They asked what our after-discharge plan was, and we told them she'd be returning to her home. "We'll put her in the 'Journey Home' program, then", we were cheerfully told. Weeks later when they were resisting our efforts to get t her out and dogging me about getting her on Medicaid so they could keep her, my wife told them she was on the Journey Home program. The discharge scheduler actually told her, "All of our residents are on a journey home!" I will never EVER let her be taken there again! This place is a death mill, nothing more

March 02, 2017

By Sueme

Nice facility. Very inviting, homey. Staff overall is nice and tentative. Therapy was the best. Food ok.

January 09, 2017

By My mom is dead!!!!

I couldn't say enough about how horrible this rehab is. The director of the facility was disrespectful to my mom and dad. They are understaffed and the staff that they do have spend more time smoking and talking on the phone outside than caring for their patients. My mom had two falls and injuries while under their care. The last fall out of the bed left her on the floor for a ridiculous amount of time before help arrived. Two days after that fall she passed away :( I wouldn't recommend this facility if it was the last place on earth. The "doctors" they have spent 1 minute with my mom and then billed us an inordinate amount of money. This is the worst place ever. I can't help but believe that my mother is dead because of their lack of care. I hope everyone who sees this passes this "rehab" up. It seems they are all about the money,

June 23, 2015

By speakout

Truthfully I would click zero stars if I could. No one should place a loved one in this facility. My great aunt was placed in the care of Consulate to recover from a fall. There was no effort made to get her walking again (she broke no bones in the fall) and she desperately wanted to walk again. Instead they kept her sedated in bed, or put her in a wheel chair. The wheel chair had no head support so her head was constantly falling back or to the side. She had sores from being left in the bed for long periods of time. When she couldn't eat from the sedation no effort was made to make sure she had water and nourishment. My great aunt suffered a stroke a couple of weeks ago which paralyzed the left side of her body, and left her unable to speak or eat. Consulate insisted that she did not have a stroke but was just tired. They proceeded to not feed her until she died a couple of days ago. We are heartbroken. No one should have to suffer in this way.

June 23, 2015

By sad/mad

My aunt received mostly terrible care at this facility. She had terrible sores from the skin splitting open, her feet were so swollen from not being elevated. There were also sores (unreported) from too much sitting in wheelchair, plus sores on her wrists from banging on the wheelchair trying to get heard for some help. On at least one occasion the nurse admitted they had kept her up and restrained in a wheelchair 24 hours. They sedated her so deeply, at times for 24 hours, that she couldn't be woken up to eat or drink. I also walked into the hallway and caught the staff making humiliating jokes and poking fun at her. A week ago, when my aunt suddenly lost use of her left side and all ability for speech, the nurse on duty said no, it wasn't a stroke, that my aunt was "just tired". It was not long from that day to the end. If you want respect, good care, or comfort for your loved one, do not put them in Consulate.

August 15, 2013

By SadME

Horrible care even in REHAB. My loved one suffered because of horrendous bedsores I didnt know about. There were days I had To DEMAND they get him up. The food was awful and many times the trays were set too far away for the residents to help themselves no sugar or any fresh fruit. Communicating with nurses was next to impossible and you had to get aggressive to get them to even talk to you. Find a Dog Kennel you will get better care! I would rate it NO stars but it won't let me.

February 23, 2012

By leahcar

I visited this facility with my school age daughter in an effort to bring company and cheer to the resident during the holiday season. There was a horrific odor of urine in several of the hallways. The staff were courteous to us, but a bit impatient with the residents. I noticed lots of staff members clumped together gossiping and a supervisor reminding them to get back to their duties. A smoking room is provided for residents who smoke. It was difficult to breathe when walking past it because it was so polluted with cigarette smoke. The facility appeared clean and orderly despite the bad odors. It is nicely decorated. Plenty of activities seem to be available for the residents to participate in. We observed a group of ladies getting their nail painted in one area and someone playing the piano for the residents in another. The menu for the day is prominently posted and looked appealing. The residents that we saw appeared to be well cared for.

November 19, 2011

By Cinjen

It was a horrifying and painful experience for my father and for the family. My father haz Alzheimer's and we placed him at Consulate when his care became too much for my mother. Consulate has an Alzheimer's wing and supposedly specializes in the care of patients with Alzheimers. This could not be farther from the truth. I'm not going to go back through the painful details but I implore those that might be considering Consulate to rethink what is truly best for their loved one. Our loved ones should always be safe, cared for in a dignified manner, and shown respect.

Services and Amenities of Consulate Health Care of Vero Beach

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Consulate Health Care of Vero Beach

Consulate Health Care of Vero Beach is a senior living provider in Vero Beach, Florida that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Consulate Health Care of Vero Beach for more details on services and rates.

Map of Consulate Health Care of Vero Beach