Rockledge Health And Rehabilitation Center

Reviews of Rockledge Health And Rehabilitation Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Rockledge Health And Rehabilitation Center

June 01, 2017

By tabbylynn

This place has many issues. My 90 year-old father was brought in and the room had feces floating in toilet, used rubber gloves on floor in bathroom, no working lights above bed. The nurse was irritable and when asked a question regarding my father's pain medicine, that was late, she snapped at us. I found her rolling her eyes, and looking at another nurse after she thought we were leaving. After asked what she did that, she was even MORE disrespectful. There are other nurses who are kind and genuinely helpful.

June 15, 2015

By wattup

DO NOT PUT YOUR LOVED ONE IN THIS FACILITY I only wish I had done my research ahead of time. I lost my sister because this facility neglected her by not having enough staff that cared enough to help her in her time of need. She was here only three days before she died and only passed away after her family finally went home to get some sleep after being there for two days nonstop because no one came to help her. She would push the button for help and no one came for hours and when they finally did come her needs were taken care of by her family (going to the bathroom, finding someone to administer meds, etc). On the day she arrived she sat in a room (five days out of triple bypass surgery) for hours because the facility was short staffed over the Memorial Day weekend. She was placed in a room with no air conditioning, she was told she couldn't take a shower because it wasn't their "shower" day. This facility neglected her and as a result, I believe, she was not given the attention she needed when she called for it. Please, please, do your research and look up all the other negative comments about this place. We spoke to a police investigator who told us the police department had to do regular inspections because there were so many complaints. My sister might still be with us if we had only known. When we confronted the facility we were taken right past the room my sister passed away in to meet in a tiny, dark, little office that we all didn't really fit in. Once we spoke our peace we were contacted by their Corporate office to come back and retell the story and we were treated like VIP's. We tried to get a lawyer to take the case but they wouldn't because my sisters health was so bad but please consider not using this facility. There are so many other issues with this facility I cannot name them all here but there is no security, no accountability, and your family member will NOT be taken care of! If you do leave them here make sure there is someone with them 24/7. On my sister's last day alive she expressed how much she didn't want to be left alone, not because the staff was abusive but because she was afraid something would happen and no one would come. Her worst fear was realized and now she's gone. Please don't let this happen to you!

September 12, 2014

By jimmyg8r

My mother stayed two weeks after her open heart surgery. The first day they brought her dinner which was two slices of bread, 2 slices green roast beef sandwich meat, mac salad not fully cooked, and tea with no ice or sweetener. The following week, I asked her if the meals were getting better. I had to wait on her to vomit from the thought of the food before she could answer my question. During her first few days the they put a dementia patient in her room (mom had to take care of her). Her "new" hospital collapsed and fell to the floor. The "nurses" tried to give her the wrong medicine twice. Including asking her if she knew what color the pills were she was supposed to get. They would not give her the actual medicine that she needed and requested. After several request to move mom from this facility she was moved to a private room. However the care was never improved after speaking the nurse supervisors on several different occasions. I would never let anyone I know be admitted to the facility!!!!!!

April 12, 2014

By robbie22

I visited Rockledge Health and Rehab. That's where my mother is at right now. It is convenient to where I live, and I can visit every day or several times a day if I want. I like the service they gave, but they just had no long-term beds left. The staff has been very good. I have no complaints. I can't say that they were probably the best in the world, but they were very good. They were getting all new beds so that was nice. They've done a lot of remodeling. She went to an ice cream social, she liked that. She did get her hair done there on Fridays. The food was excellent. That's a very important thing. She goes down to the dining room and eats, that's pleasant. They have tablecloths on their tables and cloth napkins. Yesterday, the food was very late getting there. The girls in the dining room know all the patients by name, it's very nice. The rooms are sufficient. They're a little tight like any 2-bedroom where you have to have wheelchairs.

October 04, 2013

By APlu1951

My mother was in this facility for Rehab. I found that the aides did not treat the elderly well. Hours would pass before questions were answered or medication, supplies were brought. Her call button broke on a Friday, and she was told that maintenance would have to fix it on Monday, with no alternative method to call the nurse. I called the operator (Dave) on Sunday and he said a bell should have been provided, but that he could fix the call button, which he did 10 minutes after I called! I called a number of times (I am out of town) and almost always had questions answered, but my mother felt ignored. However, she did speak highly of the PT staff. She said the food was sub-standard.

July 12, 2012

By CLC726

The staff is fantastic. They work miracles, especially with difficult patients. The facility looks run down and I am hopeful that updating/renovation will happen soon.

Services and Amenities of Rockledge Health And Rehabilitation Center

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Rockledge Health And Rehabilitation Center

Rockledge Health And Rehabilitation Center is a senior living provider in Rockledge, Florida that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Rockledge Health And Rehabilitation Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Rockledge Health And Rehabilitation Center