Grand Villa of Pinellas Park

Reviews of Grand Villa of Pinellas Park

Assisted Living Reviews for Grand Villa of Pinellas Park

August 22, 2021

By Amy

Grand Villa of Pinellas in Pinellas Park has both assisted living and memory care. We toured assisted living and it was very good. It was a smaller community, a little older, it didn't have the wow factor, but it was very clean. They had some features in the rooms which were interesting, like with the lighting at night, and the bathroom stuff. They're very small rooms but clean. The dining room was wide and I liked that. They also have a beauty salon and they seemed to have a lot of common areas that were nice. The staff was amazing. She was great and she obviously had a good rapport with the residents that were in the community. We talked to some residents too. The location is not the best location. It's an area of town that is not bad, but it's not that great either.

July 07, 2021

By Sharon

I have moved into Grand Villa of Pinellas Park, and they are very good. They're very attentive, and they take care of your needs. If you have a problem, they try to resolve it as quickly as possible. There is one large room, which is the bedroom with a good-sized closet. Then there's another which has your flush, your seats, and your shower. The staff is very friendly, and very cooperative. If you have a problem, they try to resolve it ASAP. The food is very good to excellent. The dining area is one room, and cut into kind of like two parts. One part is the actual dining room itself. It is set it up so that you have full service, or you can serve yourself. You sit down at a table, a waiter or waitress will come over and take your order. They bring it to you, or you can treat it like a buffet where you just look to the buffet, pick up what you want, then come back to table. There isn't really all that much for activities. Downstairs they have a really large television and lots of seats. The staff is very good, and they know what they're doing. They try to meet your needs. If they can't, they'll explain to you very carefully why they couldn't resolve the problem if there was one. Everything is kept very clean and orderly. I really haven't found anything to complain about on that level. This is a very nice place. I would highly recommend it if you had to go into a nursing home, or where you had to go into an assisted living place. This would be a really good choice.

January 28, 2021

By Crobic

I am a resident here at Grand Villa of Pinellas Park. I cannot say enough about the staff here, everyone is wonderful. The staff are friendly and attentive to my needs. I have a good time with the other residents and staff. The community is clean and smells good. The food is delicious and I love my room. I would recommend Grand Villa of Pinellas Park to anyone looking for assisted living.

December 02, 2020

By Laverne D

I am a resident here at Grand Villa of Pinellas Park and I absolutely love it here. I moved in May of 2020 and it was the best move I have made. I love that I can ask a question and everyone stops what they are doing and helps me. I enjoy the food and I leave nothing on the plate. Everyone is so helpful, I love the activities and there is always something to do here. I would recommend Grand Villa of Pinellas Park to anyone looking for assisted living.

October 02, 2020

By ReviewerAT0919B

My mother is in the Grand Villa of Pinellas Park. It's not huge, but it's a larger facility. It's definitely very full service, I've been happy with how they have accommodated my mom. I think that they've done a pretty good job of accommodating me, but my mom wanted to be in a small, home-like setting; we both want her in a private room, but it's not in the budget to do that at the Grand Villa. The staff is caring, and capable. We're in a shared room situation, and it really hasn't worked out having a roommate in such tight quarters like that. A private room is just too expensive there, so that would be my only complaint.

August 15, 2019

By Randy

I chose Grand Villa of Pinellas Park because of the food and the dining room. The staff I met was very cordial, fine, and the rooms seemed to be clean and adequate in size. It was convenient to where my son lives. It seemed like they had a pool table, a card table, a nice glassed-in porch to sit down, and nice walking paths.

July 10, 2019

By Robert A.

Very caring. Polite med techs. Helps you with your needs.

July 08, 2019

By Virginia

The quality of services I receive is excellent at Grand Villa. Our current Executive Director, Roberta, has done a great job and is always available to the residents.

May 31, 2017

By hm171463

We visited Grand Villa of Pinellas Park. A couple of the nurses there were very good. The visit went very well. They staff was very knowledgeable, and they knew what I was going through and what was going on with my dad. The one that we went into was a studio apartment. It was just one room with a bathroom attached to it. The size of the room was adequate.

January 02, 2017

By Carolyn552485

Grand Villa is quite good compared to some others that I’ve seen. The staff seems to be very aware of what is going on in front of them, and it is affordable. The professionalism of the staff is very good. The food is absolutely perfect.

November 30, 2016

By Maria405238

Grand Villa of Pinellas Park was a nice place. It was great and spacious. I like the system they have in the rooms that if the patient gets up at night, they have a little alarm so they'd be aware. It has good people, and it's pretty big. They have good personnel, and the common areas are very spacious. It was very good.

November 28, 2016

By Maria055088

November 24, 2016

By Donald117876

Grand Villa of Pinellas Park is the only one we’re interested in. It’s very family-friendly and very warm, and we felt comfortable being there. It’s very active, and the people seem to be very engaged. They have exercise. They have a game room. They have access to go shopping. They take them out on dinners at different restaurants. They go sight seeing out to the beach with the bus. They take them to movies. They have birthday parties and Christmas parties. There is a lot outside other than staying in-house for the people who are able to navigate it. We found it to be very acceptable to everyone. It fit our needs, and we’re totally satisfied; that’s why we chose it.

November 23, 2016

By Sue436027

Grand Villa at Pinellas Park was impressive. I thought the people working there were caring and understanding. Their apartments were spacious. Their dining area was excellent. I thought they were doing a fine job, but the location was a little bit far for me. However, it was in a good price range, and it was pretty affordable. It looked like they had a lot of things to do. They had many things to keep everybody busy.

November 06, 2016

By Linda672526

Grand Villa has 3 levels of care. I ate there, and it was a regular dinner type. You can get a studio, 1-bedroom, or 2-bedroom, and I was looking at a 1-bedroom with a kitchenette. Wheelchairs, walkers, and canes were acceptable, and they have elevators. Small pets were accepted. They had swimming pool exercises as well as regular exercises. They had a billiards room, a cards room, and a chapel.

November 01, 2016

By Sharon314847

Grand Villa had small rooms, but they were clean, and kept up. They were freshly painted. I saw a theater room and the dining room. The dining room was beautiful and setup nicely -- like an expensive restaurant. They had a beautiful menu, and the people were waited on by waiters. The living area was very nice. However, it was too expensive for us.

October 10, 2016

By Kelly861404

My mother has already moved into Grand Villa of Pinellas Park. The people there are wonderful, and that’s huge. That’s a big deal. It’s neat, and it’s clean. It doesn’t have a lot of grounds for them to get outside, but they do have places. It’s very nice. They have lots of activities for everybody to be involved in. We’re very happy with it. I would recommend this community. They have bingo several times a week, and that’s a big deal there. Everybody gets into that. They have different Bible studies or church where they’ll sing hymns. They provide transportation if you have appointments. I haven’t personally eaten there, but my mother is very happy with the food. She said it is all very good. She has not complained once about it. I have not had a bad experience with this community.

September 30, 2016

By Kevin346470

We're really happy with Grand Villa of Pinellas Park. It's a complete facility with everything we need. There are doctors on staff, an in-house hairdresser and nail salon, and food off of a menu. My mom is in a large, one-bedroom unit. The staff is very friendly and attentive. There are all kinds of activities like games, movie nights, and field trips. We also go to the library and grocery store. They serve you food in your room if you're not feeling well. They take care of doctor's appointments in-house.

August 17, 2016

By Son of Resident207645

My mother is at Grand Villa of Pinellas Park. They assist her with bathing and to the dining room. They have doctors on staff. All in all, they are very good. I would definitely recommend them because they are attentive and good.

June 28, 2016

By Edward022418

Grand Villa is OK. My mother moved in, and it's good. I don't have any complaints. They have recreation and activities. The day I was there, they were taking them out to the Tampa Rays baseball game. They have three atriums. It's a pretty nice place that's clean, and the staff seems to be attentive. My mother seems happy with the food. They have a little cafe and a pretty nice dining room. It's not the Taj Mahal, but it's OK.

May 19, 2016

By DeborahCWZIA

My mom is now at Grand Villa of Pinellas Park. They have been absolutely fabulous and already have physical and occupational therapy getting started. My mom has made such good growth in the two weeks that she’s been there. She has already shown improvement. Grand Villa is small but clean and well maintained. It offers lighting, so when my mom gets up in the middle of the night she can see, and it alerts staff members that she is up so they can go and check on her. I am absolutely pleased with the room. They do arts and crafts and a volleyball type of thing where they have to keep it in the air for motor skills training. The place is also much closer for me to visit Mom on a regular basis.

February 15, 2016

By Shorty1

We are putting my brother in Grand Villa. The visit was great. The place was very clean. The staff was very helpful and very accommodating. I haven’t even signed the papers yet, but the staff sent a whole plate of food so my brother could try their fish, vegetables, and macaroni and cheese.

December 14, 2015

By jabmel

My Father was a resident for more than 5 years until his recent passing. He initially was a resident but in his last few years had moved into the assisted living area. He was happy with both areas. The food is good and my Father liked to eat. I ate there on several occasions when I was visiting my Father and was always very happy with the food being served to the residents. I can't say enough about the cook and how she managed the kitchen and the folks in the dinning room. Also wanted to thank the activities director who would come and find my Father and get him involved. Often when I visited he was in the middle of games or exercises. This residence has great personnel running the place and is convenient to the Tampa airport for persons flying in like myself. A very heart felt thanks to everyone. You folks are great.

December 10, 2015

By Beverly Culver

My father passed away one year ago. It soon became apparent that my mother could not remain on her own. After significant searching, family members and I selected Grand Villa of Pinella Park. Our decision was made following observation of staff members. To a person, they were professional, considerate, attentive and caring. Following my mother's first day at her new home, a wonderful staff member sent a video to my cell phone of my mother dancing, in view of everyone, during a small celebration ... and (because I live out-of-state) I have received subsequent videos since then. That is amazingly personal and caring. It reinforces the feeling that our decision was the right one. ,

September 07, 2015

My sister likes the location and the size of Grand Villa of Pinellas Park. It was not too large. I thought it was quite fine. The food service is excellent, but there seem to be a lot of commotion around the dispensing of medication. It seems like the residents have to line up at a particular time to get their meds like hanging around in the hallway for their turn.

August 05, 2015

By Jassy

Every time I visit my mom she is caressed her room is clean and she is alert. She seems so happy to be in her own room. I know she is being well cared for. Staff is doing a great job!

April 18, 2015

I like Grand Villa of Pinellas Park. The staff is excellent. I have already made a lot friends with them. We communicate very well. They call anytime if they think there is something I need to know. I love their food too. I will absolutely recommend them just because of the way it is operates and the way the staff treats everyone. From what I seen from other place, I will rate it very high. One thing nice is that they have doctors that come in. I am also impressed with their activities, and their activities director is really nice and good. Dad was in there, and my mom is in memory care, but my dad is gone now.

December 17, 2014

By NC daughter

My father lived in the Memory Care wing of this ALF for about a year. He was truly happy! He loved it there and didn't want to go home. The staff was kind, patient, and loving. They provided him with great food, companionship, a structured schedule, a clean homey atmosphere, and monitored medication. I never dreamed that he would adapt there so well. It was affordable and I am truly grateful for their professionalism and positive attitude.

December 10, 2014

By schmorr

My mother has lived at this facility for about one year and I absolutely love everything ! The staff loves my Mom and truly cares for her. They always have her best interests at heart. You can spend lots more money elsewhere BUT you will not find better or a more caring staff. I can whole heartily recommend Grand Villa for your loved ones !! Michael Schmorr

December 09, 2014

By pepper70

enjoy playing volleyball and other activities. I am a people person and a caring person. I have been here for 4 1/2 years and everyone here has been good to me. The staff is very helpful and caring. I enjoy being an ambassador and helping new residents to the dining room and showing them around.

November 27, 2014

By Laurie Edwards

Finding Grand Villa of Pinellas Park was truly a blessing for my Mother and our family. Mom really likes living there! With the renovation, the apts & building are very nice. Mom enjoys conversation with the other relatives and we both enjoy their special outings. And the staff - very caring, ALWAYS there for us - morning or night, I am so grateful to have found GV (of PP)!!!!!

November 18, 2014

By safe and sound

as a family member of one of your residents I know first hand how life is at the grand villa. their motto is "looks like home. feels like family" SO TRUE. It must be a great place to work because ALL the staff are friendly, helpful, concerned, approachable and are genuinely happy. The food is first class. The waitstaff are prompt, fun and they remember each residents names, food preferences and are always willing to go out of their way to make each meal a great one. The residents are sweet and kind. they all get along. the administration office is always open if you should have questions or concerns. I would never send a loved one to a home that I myself would not live in. When the time comes......Im moving into Grand Villa.

November 18, 2014

By Fla1234

All staff at Grand Villa have always been extremely helpful and always willing to listen to my concerns. They are quick to follow up on any questions I may have. It is nice to know that I can count on their professionalism especially since I live a long distance away. Whenever I visit, I am impressed by the friendliness and attentiveness of the staff.

October 29, 2014

By Visitor and Supporter

This is a wonderful facility for the price! No ALF comes without some problems, but most can be resolved. Many activities offered as well as outings. The only real downside is that they don't have much to offer for the "younger" Alzheimer patients.

July 29, 2014

We're very impressed with Grand Villa. It's probably at the top of our list for the money. The one on the south side is brand new, so that's still under construction, but very spacious. Grand Villa seemed to offer the best of both worlds in terms of just a homey, personal feel, and yet all of the amenities. The room was actually very nice. They are on the ground floor where the amenities are, and then the memory care is on the second floor, so it's very secure. They have access if they need it, but not direct access like the other residents have. We like that setup also.

December 27, 2013

By Daughter of Mary S.

My mother has been a resident at this community for almost 2 years. Prior to the new management company taking over in June, we were extremely unhappy and almost moved mom to another community. When the new management team came started in June, my family and I noticed an almost immediate change in the feel of the community. The Administrator and new managers at the community are genuine and truly care about the residents who live there. They have almost doubled the amount of staff and are now doing renovations that look amazing. It's great to see my mom and the other residents smile again! Mom has also gained weight, enjoys the activity outings and a lot of new friends. I would definitely recommend this community.

December 27, 2013

By Daughter of Mary P.

September 09, 2013

Grand Villa of Pinellas Park has different levels of security and a different level of community involvement, and dining. I found their food much homier than a lot of other places. Some of the residents have mentioned that they're not doing very much, there isn't too much activity around there, but I talked to some of the residents who said that it was the best place they've found for their particular needs. The people were very friendly. They offer a lot of comfort for all the residents that are there.

July 12, 2013

By Carol42

I also went to Grand Villa of Pinellas Park. The facility was nice and small but they're reasonably priced. Their rooms were a little small, but it was plenty of space actually for my mother. What I don't like about their rooms was that I don't think it looked out on anything but some rooftops. I have also seen their dining room and residents would need to line up for their food. However, all of the staff is very nice. They called again and again following up on my visit. Their activities were much the same as the other facilities but they have plenty of them. The only reluctance I have about this facility was that it is directly across the rehab center that she had been some time ago, which she simply despised. This rehab put her on the wrong medication and there were just a lot of bad things that happened there. I don't want her looking out the window and seeing this other place that is right across the street.

September 12, 2012

By Golfballs19

For the price that my family was paying, I feel like they could have done better. The rooms were tiny, food was decent, and the staff was okay. Most of the staff was very friendly and cordial, but there were a few that were rude and reluctant to help us. They kept my grandmother to a strict schedule, which was good. Pills were administered throughout the day, and she was urged to participate in social activities. The facility managed to meet the expectations expected but my family, but by all means, the experience could have been better. The main manager of the facility was great. He was nice all the time, and always helped my family with whatever they needed. Whenever there was an issue with the staff, he was always open to my family letting him know, and he would help to work things out.

Memory Care Reviews for Grand Villa of Pinellas Park

June 15, 2019

By Jack

My father is in Grand Villa of Pinellas Park. Everything so far is satisfactory. We're pretty happy with everything. The staff seems friendly and attentive to the residents. He seems happy as well. The rooms are decent sized, with safety lights. Pretty much everything he needs is there, and he's eating. They have a gentleman who reads them stories. They have bingo and Bible study. They keep them busy with storytelling especially in memory care. They try to keep them active all the time. It's a nice place, it smells clean, and they keep it up. There are a lot of nice things in there like an in-house barber shop. It's very reasonable price wise.
See all Memory Care reviews (5) See fewer reviews

Costs for Grand Villa of Pinellas Park

Photos of Grand Villa of Pinellas Park

Services and Amenities of Grand Villa of Pinellas Park

• Companion Suites: Yes

• Dining Extra: Passport Dining

• Pets: Yes

About Grand Villa of Pinellas Park

Grand Villa offers lifestyle options, including assisted living, memory care, personal care, and respite care. Different levels of care ensure that you only pay for the services you need and use. Our all-inclusive monthly rate covers everything from a wide array of activities, special events and entertainment to chef-prepared meals, housekeeping, and so much more.

Our residents enjoy all the comforts of home in a friendly setting that can be as active or relaxed as each resident chooses. Our full-time Activities Coordinator plans exercise classes, lectures, and parties that are fun and engaging. We take regular excursions around town for errands like shopping and banking, as well as recreational outings to local restaurants, malls, and cultural attractions. Grand Villa residents live in comfortable apartments that range in size from cozy studios to spacious one-bedrooms. We offer private accommodations, as well as companion apartments. Our goal at Grand Villa is to provide an enriching experience for every resident. Our mission is to promote health, safety, and fun to provide the best lifestyle possible. Our commitment is to act with integrity, protect privacy and dignity, and encourage independence in a caring environment.

Thank you for considering Grand Villa of Pinellas Park senior living community. We hope you choose to join our family.

Our community is designed so residents can take advantage of the beautiful Florida weather. There are many outdoor areas for sitting and socializing, or taking-in a gorgeous Florida sunrise. The natural beauty of the region is on full display, and residents love to get out with our walking club, or find a shady spot in the all-weather atrium to enjoy a good book.

Map of Grand Villa of Pinellas Park