Solaris Senior Living Merritt Island

Reviews of Solaris Senior Living Merritt Island

Assisted Living Reviews for Solaris Senior Living Merritt Island

August 23, 2013

By Jamiesue

Disappointed. for a $2.5 million/annual company, the place is grossly understaffed and cannot meet their contractural agreements. At night there are too few assistants and the one nurse is not an RN and is really overwhelmed. Food, try as they may, is not consistent. And a very rude older woman is the admin. manager. Fit for people who don't need nursing help.

April 24, 2013

By George20

My mother is at The Place at Merritt Island. The food is institutional. The food portions sometimes are small or big. The caregivers there aren't so good as far as the CNAs. The facility has a lot of people to take care of but they have limited staff. When you call, it takes time to get help. The staff is sometimes tired out. Some of them are very attentive and some really act like they don't care. The food and care are not consistent. I think that the outside of the facility needs painting and they can use some new furniture. I assume funds are limited and they have a reasonable pricing but it would be good if they could get better maintenance done. Also, the kitchen and dining rooms are fine but my mother has difficulty moving and getting up. If only the chairs had rollers so she could easily pull or push herself in and out. It's tough because my mother can't move out of a chair without assistance.

February 12, 2013

By mikkiesmom

I visited this community and have place my mother there it s very claen has a wounderful staff and the food i great.I would like to recommend this faculity to anyone who wants to place a parent in assisted living

April 28, 2012

By Volunteer 321

The assisted living building was kept very clean and tidy, however there were some rooms closed off for repairs. It seemed like they had a different repair company every few weeks and very little was getting done. Some of the senior staff were rather rude going about their job around us, but seemed nice to the residents which I feel made up for their behavior. The workers were good at keeping up with taking care of all of the residents. Each room is designed very nicely and it looked like there was not a lot that residents could get hurt by. The food was not very good at this assisted living place, which I feel would make the residents' stay not as enjoyable. There were many residents whom do not get visitors often. I feel that if workers stopped by their rooms to talk with them more often they would be happier living there.

June 23, 2011

By YurTricky

When I visited The Place at Merritt Island it was very clean and everything was well-presented. The staff were knowledgable and compassionate - they really seem to love what they do and who they do it for. In fact, used to visit this facility as a child to keep the residents company for a couple hours a week, as part of a program at the nearby Catholic school that I attended; regrettably I had to return many years later when a relative could no longer manage to live independently. Nevertheless, with the help of the excellent and capable staff, her transition went smoothy and without a hitch, and she really seems to enjoy herself. The staff always puts together a full calendar of events so she's always busy with something! I've only been around for mealtime once, so I say this with limited experience, but the food is pretty good! My only complaint is that the apartments seem rather small; don't be fooled by the brochure describing them as "spacious". Still, for one person, the size isn't too bad. Overall I would recommend The Place at Merritt Island for those looking for assisted living security without the assisted living feel.

Costs for Solaris Senior Living Merritt Island

Photos of Solaris Senior Living Merritt Island

Services and Amenities of Solaris Senior Living Merritt Island

• About Solaris Senior Living Merritt Island

Solaris Senior Living Merritt Island is Assisted Living is designed for those who wish to enjoy an active, healthful retirement with the security of knowing that help is at your fingertips if it is needed. Solaris Senior Living Merritt Island features 85 Assisted Living Apartments licensed nurses and resident assistants available 24 hours a day. Through our dynamic Life Enrichment Programs, our open, spacious floor plans, numerous amenities, and delectable dining services we strive to bring you the best-assisted living has to offer.

Solaris Senior Living facilities are designed for those who wish to enjoy an active, healthful retirement with the security of knowing that help is at your fingertips if it is needed. An abundance of services is available to provide comfort, convenience, quality care, and enhanced safety to our Assisted Living residents. We provide exceptional care in many forms. Our residents no longer have to worry about the hassles of cooking and cleaning. There are a weekly housecleaning and daily linen service available to all residents. We have on-call assistance as needed with daily living activities. Our fees also cover all utility costs including local phone service.

Enjoy three delicious meals every day, along with an exquisite Sunday brunch, served restaurant style and prepared by our talented chef and cooks. With a hint of luxury, we stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture to our comfortable community areas and restaurant-style dining atmosphere.

For your health and medical needs, we offer three levels of care. If your health changes, we will adjust our care to accommodate your specific needs. We staff licensed nursing care onsite 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We offer health and wellness assessments as well as any assistance you may need with daily living activities.

Our mission is to help older adults live longer, healthier, and happier in a community where independence is encouraged; where social, mental, and physical wellness is promoted and in turn, joy is created.

Thank you for your interest in Solaris Senior Living Merritt Island. Please give us a call to schedule a free tour.

Map of Solaris Senior Living Merritt Island