Valencia Hills Health And Rehabilitation Center

Reviews of Valencia Hills Health And Rehabilitation Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Valencia Hills Health And Rehabilitation Center

August 31, 2015

By millie76

Valencia is the worst place to put anyone this place is horrible. My dad was here and we had to take him out because they never bathed him in a week he was there. They never changed his dressing on his surgical wound from open heart surgery. They even feed the residents disguisting food like if they were in prison This place smells like pure urine. There are staff members there that do not care about the residents all they do is sit around and talk and be on phones. They need to shut this place down and this is the god honest truth.

February 11, 2015

By Patricia99972950

We have my mom in Valencia Hills. The AMA rating on it is very high. It is recommended by her doctor and several others. We are very happy with it. As far as the care goes, they are responsive, and she has good care. She has progressed, and her meds help tremendously. It is clean. She was in a locked down area at first because she was wandering. Now that they have her medication straightened out, that helps. Now she's more cognizant, she does not wander, so they moved her into a regular nursing home side. It seems to be really good.

February 07, 2015

By Tim123

My Father came to this place after a fall at an assisted living facility. The nurses here kept giving him blood pressure medication without first checking his blood pressure. I went in one morning to find him cold to the touch and unable to open his eyes, yet, the nurse was trying to force feed him a spoonful of blood pressure medication and diuretics crushed in apple sauce. When I became upset, they checked his blood pressure only to find that it was so low it wouldn't register. He was sent to LRMC. They finished the job. This place is horrific. Had to give it one star. It wouldn't allow me to give it none.

January 26, 2015

By Mar2

The first night my mom was at Valencia Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center, she was moved during the day, and at 7:30 the Medical Director who was also her doctor there called and asked to turn off her pacemaker and defibrillator, meaning she would die in minutes. That was on a Friday when she was moved, and on Monday he called me and and said that my mom should be put in hospice. And just Monday, my mom was to be transported to a doctor's appointment, and they were told to have her ready at 10:00 -- I told them on Sunday, I put a note in her room -- and at 9:30 A.M, I called the floor that she is on and told them she needed to be ready to go at 10:00. Still, they didn't have her ready to go, so when transportation came at 10:00 she wasn't ready, so they went on to somebody else. There are some really nice staff people there, but unfortunately there are a lot of other people that don't care. The cooking is horrible. My mom gets dinner at 7:00 P.M; her floor is the last wing to be fed.

October 31, 2014

By Tammy17

Dad was at Valencia Hills Health and Rehab Center for rehab when he went out of the hospital. The staff was nice, but I guess it would be good if they had more staff.

October 05, 2014

By Hornets nest

They keep having my mom sign papers that she has no idea what she's signing and she's giving away all her rights to appeal. Five of the last seven residents in her room have died. The food is atrocious my mom is a diabetic and yet they bring her all kinds of carbohydrates. My mom should also be on a low salt diet and the food is loaded with salt. None of the CNA's know that my mom has a pressure sore on her buttocks with the patch on it. If you want to dump someone here and forget about them this is certainly the place to do it.

March 24, 2014

By correia

Cardiac/Stroke rehab 2012 My father stayed here after his stroke and quintuple bypass. He received outstanding care, and physical therapy. Home after 2 months of care. I am also sending my mother after her head injury from a fall this week. They have created friendships there, and the multilingual staff made them feel at home.

March 19, 2009

By L Gray

My loved one stayed here

My mother was a rehab patient there for a few weeks before she was transferred to long-term care. The staff was very friendly but under their care my mother developed pressure wounds that are not healed yet, weeks later. The long-term care wings are grossly understaffed, to the point where my mother would fall asleep waiting for prescribed medications (and never get them). To top it off, the nursing home informed us that my mother's insurance had refused to pay so they were kicking her out in 30 days. When I pressed for more information, they suddenly discovered that their claim had been refused because they put the wrong tax ID number on it! The billing staff seems very incompetent and hard to get in touch with. They are frequently out of the office and will not return calls. Overall, this facility has been a big disappointment.

Services and Amenities of Valencia Hills Health And Rehabilitation Center

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: For Profit Individual
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Valencia Hills Health And Rehabilitation Center

Valencia Hills Health And Rehabilitation Center is a senior living provider in Lakeland, Florida that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Valencia Hills Health And Rehabilitation Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Valencia Hills Health And Rehabilitation Center