Magnolia on the Avenue

Reviews of Magnolia on the Avenue

Memory Care Reviews for Magnolia on the Avenue

January 31, 2017

By John1956

My father has been living at Our Home at Wares Creek for years. He has always been well cared for and we have always been very happy with the staff and management. My sisters and I have recommended this facility to two of our friends and will do this in the future if the opportunity arises. My father loves the food and the activities, particularly the group walks. My wife and I have enjoyed visiting with my father at his home over the years and have always felt welcome to drop in at any time of the day or night. This is important to both of us because of our schedules. We researched many facilities in the area, Our Home at Wares Creek stood out to my sisters and myself because of the warm, comfortable home feel. This has not changed over the years and my father is very content. My family and I are grateful for the loving people who care for my father at this beautiful home!

August 17, 2016

By William037116

I personally don't like Our Home at Ware’s Creek. They have poor food, the rooms are very small and cramped, and they don't take care of the things they're supposed to. If my sister-in-law allows them to launder my brother's clothes, a lot of his clothes disappear. She ends up making food and taking it to him. It's just not a good place. The state had to come in periodically and inspect it. My brother has been attacked twice by other residents there. The only advantage that we have is that they are cheaper than the other places.

January 30, 2014

By Barb's buddy

Our Home at Ware's Creek was my second choice if the first facility where my husband stayed did not work out. It was clean and they were very accommodating. When I visited, they were in the process of rehabilitation. Everyone was upstairs and they seemed happy and contented where they were. The rooms were a nice size and you could furnish it yourself. They had rooms with adjoining bathrooms, where the bathroom was for two rooms. They also had rooms for several people. But I wanted my husband to had his own room. The menu looked quite good although I was not able to try the food.
See all Memory Care reviews (7) See fewer reviews

Questions about Magnolia on the Avenue

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

The staff at Our Home at Wares Creek is given monthly and annual training via My ALF Training, an on-line Health Care Education Portal as well as hands on education from Home Health Professionals, Therapists, Physicians, and Certified Dietary Managers.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

Staffing ratio is based upon level of care and resident need. On an average staffing is a ratio of 1 to 8.

What programs or activities does Magnolia on the Avenue offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Our Home at Wares Creek engages our residents with meaningful daily activities. Long term memories are achieved by staff with music, photos, and personal knowledge of residents likes, dislikes, and past hobbies/ careers.

Health and Cognitive assessments are done upon admission, annually, or upon a noticed change in condition. Assessments are conducted by the Resident Care Director, Executive Director, Home Health Nurse, A.R.N.P. and/ or the residents Physician.

What techniques does Magnolia on the Avenue use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Supervised dining with meal preparation, restaurant style service and cuing as needed.

How does Magnolia on the Avenue keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Our Home at Wares Creek employees are in constant communication with our families.

Describe the neighborhood around Magnolia on the Avenue. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Our Home at Wares Creek is located in a Historical area of Bradenton known as Wares Creek.

Is Magnolia on the Avenue affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Our Home at Wares Creek is located very close to Manatee Memorial and Blake Medical Center.

Costs for Magnolia on the Avenue

Photos of Magnolia on the Avenue

Services and Amenities of Magnolia on the Avenue

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites
  • Housing Extra: Private And Shared Rooms

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

About Magnolia on the Avenue

Our Home at Ware's Creek

We are located in Ware’s Creek’s historic neighborhood in beautiful Bradenton Florida. The facility is housed in a historic Victorian home – ensuring all of our residents are at home here. The warm atmosphere is a constant reminder that the 34-bed facility is really a community and family for everyone residing at Our Home at Wares Creek, and it becomes an extended family for loved ones and visitors.

All of our residents have a unique individualized care created around their needs. Our dedicated staff focuses this care to include daily grooming needs, activities, exercise and meal planning. The family of residents and staff share daily activities that focus on keeping the brain, body, and spirit healthy. Our wonderful in-house Activities Director uses various methods to keep everyone focused on creating “new memories” and decreasing their frustration and focus on troubles that occur with Alzheimer’s disease and Dementia. The residents and staff celebrate holidays together – welcoming families and visitors for all special days – or any day.

Our Home has beautiful gardens and enclosed screened porches for our residents to enjoy. The facility is secure, using measures to ensure the safety of all of the residents; in a way that keeps Our Home looking like a home and community for each person in our care. The small size of our facility allows us to know each resident, their likes, needs, and family.

ALL-INCLUSIVE CARE

We offer private and semi-private rooms and our rates are all-inclusive. There are no additional charges as residents level of care grows.

Residents at Our Home at Ware’s Creek enjoy a wide, comfortable array of amenities for just one monthly fee. We offer:

• Highly skilled and compassionate staff on site 24/7
  • Regularly scheduled health monitoring and medication management
  • Assistance with daily activities of living, including eating, bathing, grooming and dressing
  • Three restaurant-style meals prepared daily by our in-house chefs
  • Nutritious and delicious snacks available at all times
  • Regular linen and housekeeping services
  • Community physicians, therapy and other third party services available onsite.
  • Family support programs and memory loss education

Our unique community provides a caring and loving home. Your loved ones are part of a community focused on dignity, respect and purpose for individuals living with Alzheimer's disease and dementia.

Map of Magnolia on the Avenue