Brookdale Dover

Reviews of Brookdale Dover

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Dover

March 06, 2021

By Reviewer RC#0215

My mom and my sister are both in Brookdale Dover. We chose it because of its pricing, availability, and its friendly location. So far our experience has been fine. The staff is fine, too, we have had no troubles with them, they're friendly, and keep you informed. They also say the food is good. The rooms are average, but I consider them small.

August 31, 2020

By MTDDaughter

My Mom has been a resident of Asst Living Dover Brookdale since 2017. I commend the staff on their attention to the needs of residents. The staff provides games, bus rides, exercise, crafts, etc to occupy the residents with interactive adventures to keep their minds engaged. My Mom always says the meals are mostly good and she enjoys them. She is always treated well and greeted warmly by the staff . I didn't give 5 Stars across the board because there is always room for improvement but I would recommend Brookdale Dover to others that want a reasonably priced facility with good caring people working on the staff. Nothing is going to be perfect but Brookdale, for my Mom, is great.

July 11, 2019

By Eric

Brookdale Dover was good. It was definitely highly ranked. The staff was very helpful and accommodating. The rooms were nice and clean. They were what you would expect and acceptable. Their dining area was very nice and clean. They had good options for food. The surrounding was nice, accommodating, and clean. Overall, Brookdale was peaceful, clean living.

December 04, 2018

By BC

I was not impressed with Brookdale Dover at all. I had a scheduled appointment, but the receptionist was busy talking to another staff member, did not greet me, did not even say hello, nothing, just stood there having her personal conversation. I sat there for 20 minutes and waited, and they apologized and said the person was in another meeting which was understandable, but you don't hold a conversation with another staff member out in the front lobby about personal matters and not acknowledge somebody that comes in the building. I did not like that at all and that turned me off completely. I also did not see a lot of people out in the community, and I was like, "Where is everybody?" The representative I spoke to was very kind and seemed to know her business. The place appeared to be dark and just a building.

We are sorry to hear your tour of Brookdale Dover did not meet your expectations. We want to thank you for taking the time to visit and provide feedback. Our staff is committed to providing the highest-quality service and care and we will share your feedback with our management team.

November 19, 2018

By Calvin

Brookdale Dover was very nice. Everything was clean and the staff was very polite and told me everything that I needed to know about the place. The dining room was very nice and comfortable. They have very nice and clean outdoor areas. I have no complaints about it.

May 15, 2016

By hmorgan

The following review is based on the skilled nursing part of the facility: Our family heard wonderful things about assisted living at Brookdale. We assumed that the quality of care would be just as high in the skilled nursing part of the facility. We were wrong. The staff is friendly, overall, but they are not skilled in the care of dementia patients. In fact, they often left my father to his own devices and then charged us extra for having to rectify the situation caused by their inattentiveness. The staff seemed flustered by customary dementia behaviors and they were consistently reactionary instead of proactive during my father's stay. In addition, Brookdale preys on those who are unfamiliar with all of the ins and outs of their contract. If you decide to enter this facility, do so at your own risk and make sure you have an attorney review the contract with a fine-toothed comb. My suggestion would be to seek an alternative skilled nursing facility. We have since moved our father out of Brookdale and are 100% happier with his new placement.

We take your comments seriously and are committed to providing quality care and services to our residents and their families. Our management team has reviewed these concerns and we wish to assure you the safety and well-being of our residents is our top priority.

December 28, 2015

By Jeannie13

My mother is at Brookdale Dover. We chose it because it is small and has a warm atmosphere when you go in there. The people seem to be very friendly and know everybody in there and watch out for them. Also, the price is very affordable. It is just like going into a family home. It is so different from other places; this one does not give you a hospital-like feeling. People have large rooms. She shares a room with somebody. They have so many activities there. When I see the calendar, I actually get tired just looking at it because there are activities every hour at all hours. I go there every day and stay with her, so I have the feel for everything there. On Sunday, they have somebody from the outside come in and play the piano. The food is excellent.

May 20, 2014

We ended up going to Emeritus. It was very nice, and they were clean. It's an older facility, a little less expensive, but the people were super there. I could not say enough about the wellness center or the marketing director. They were very, very nice. She was in the memory section, but she came out to sleep in her room, and then in the morning, they would come down for her and she would go up into the memory section. It was like memory day care. There are lifeline things for free that they wear around their necks. I had no complaints with Emeritus. They took good care of Mother. I was there every week. They never knew when I was coming because I didn't go on the same day every week. Everything was always good. I never got an odor of pee or anything else in the hallway. They were always cleaning there. Anyone in the memory care had to be buzzed in and buzzed out. Anybody who was in the memory day care was allowed to just roam around, but they had people stationed, like the receptionist at the door. She was content to be there because she always talked about home. They invited my sister, me, and my mother to have lunch there one time. They had ham, potatoes, and string beans, and they had a cheesecake for dessert and iced tea. It wasn't bland; it was good. They had the option that, if they didn't like what they were having, they could have a hamburger or a sandwich. They had church services on Sunday, and Mother was Catholic, and they would have excursions with the bus. During the winter they didn't go out, but they would take them to K-Mart or some of the farm resorts that they have around. They would also take Mother to her doctor's appointments.

March 29, 2014

Emeritus is a very nice facility. The staff member who assisted me was very professional and knowledgeable. The rooms were very spacious compared to other facilities. They have the gamut of activities. The dining room was very pleasant and comfortable. The residents who were eating and dining there seemed to be enjoying each other’s company.

March 27, 2014

By Manoel1

We chose Emeritus because it is nice. The room is a standard room. The people are apparently pleasant and know what they are doing. I have been getting good reports, and I haven't heard any complaints at all so far. However, I will suggest for it to remodel because the outside of the facility doesn't give future prospects a good impression

November 21, 2013

Emeritus was a nice facility. It was very clean and very well kept. It didn't have any odor. The staff was friendly. The dining area and the rooms were nice. It looked like it was an active community. However, it was kind of expensive.

July 25, 2013

By John49633950

Emeritus at Dover invited me and wife to come over for a lunch or dinner. The service was good. The people were very pleasant and friendly. The facility was a little bit old and needs repair. It reminded me of an old hotel that had been picked and turned into a facility that's being used as an assisted living place, but that wouldn't stop me from going there as I liked what I saw and I like the people.

Memory Care Reviews for Brookdale Dover

Questions about Brookdale Dover

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Our staff has to complete monthly state required in-service lessons throughout the year and any hands on position related training as well.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Brookdale Dover. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

In our Assisted living the age range is anywhere from 62-104. Our average age range is late 70's to mid 80's. A lot of our residents favorite things to do is painting, music with happy hour, arm chair travels, our b-fit program and so many more.

What programs or activities does Brookdale Dover offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Brookdale Dover Offers B-fit an exercise program that is catered to our residents. We also offer flex your brain which involves many activities to stimulate your mind. Along with these wonderful programs we do many activities that are on a monthly calendar such as creative crafting, painting, coffee chat, flower arranging, day trips, technology days and so much more.

What places are near Brookdale Dover or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Close by to our community there are many places our residents can enjoy. We have close shopping centers, the elks lodge, and modern maturity senior center all within walking distance.

What transportation services does Brookdale Dover offer to assisted living residents?

Our community offers Transportation to and from doctors appointments, along with transportation for community shopping and outing trips.

What makes the chef or dining program at Brookdale Dover exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

The three home cooked meals with our signature season and extra dash of care from our Extraordinary and talented chefs make for an exceptional dinning experience. Our residents get to choose from a multiple choice menu of entrees, sides, and deserts along with about twelve options for drinks. Our residents also have the option for a special request if they have a taste for something different than the selections that are given.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Dover offer to assisted living residents?

Our community holds monthly safety meetings with our staff to assure all safety protocols are being meant. We also assure our community is locked at 7pm to 8am in the morning.

How does Brookdale Dover keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Our nursing staff has care plan meetings with our residents family. This is to assure we are providing the best care for our residents.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Brookdale Dover during daytime and nighttime hours?

The care staff ratio is determined by the number of residents who live in the building.

If Brookdale Dover accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Yes, we are a pet friendly community! We have a beautiful back yard to enjoy along with three courtyards in our community.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

The staffing ratio is determined by our number of residents residing in the building.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Dover provide to protect residents who wander?

We offer a secure locked unit called Clare Bridge which is our Memory care program.

What programs or activities does Brookdale Dover offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

We have a Clare Bridge coordinator who coordinates activities and implements the Daily path which is a structured routine our resident on Clare Bridge follow.

Our Health and wellness director does monthly assessments on our residents along with collaborative care meeting with our team every other week to assure we are meeting our residents care needs.

What techniques does Brookdale Dover use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

During mealtime for Clare Bridge we offer a refresh program that simulates the senses.

How does Brookdale Dover keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Describe the neighborhood around Brookdale Dover. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Business and residential area.

Is Brookdale Dover affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Photos of Brookdale Dover

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

About Brookdale Dover

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Map of Brookdale Dover