The Hearth at Tuxis Pond

Reviews of The Hearth at Tuxis Pond

Assisted Living Reviews for The Hearth at Tuxis Pond

June 20, 2012

By Adam1

My grandmother belongs to the hearth after the hard decision to move her out of her home. She suffers from Alzheimer's and her memory is rapidly degrading. When we were looking for places that she would like, we came across "The Hearth" in Madison, CT. It's a nice facility that has some outstanding nurses and nice people that facilitate most of the needs of the people that live there. The food is pretty good (I've been there and stayed for dinner a few times), and the living spaces are pretty large compared to other places I've seen. Some of the people there are affected much more by the dementia than my grandmother as she is still very physically active and likes to talk to people. She had trouble adjusting to The Hearth at first, but after a few months they made her feel right at home and she actually prefers to be there. Our only complaint is that my grandma is quite stubborn and refuses to take showers, and the nurses and aids at The Hearth don't really make her take them. Part of their job is to make sure that the people living there are hygienic. In turn, my mother has to go down to Madison and convince my grandmother to take a shower (which is a difficult task.)

December 20, 2011

By Private Care Manager

Along with its sister facility in Branford, this is the best assisted living facility along the shoreline. Hands down. Everything is well-run and professional. The residents are treated as unique individuals and are cared for and monitored accordingly. I highly recommend this facility.

Independent Living Reviews for The Hearth at Tuxis Pond

Costs for The Hearth at Tuxis Pond

Photos of The Hearth at Tuxis Pond

Services and Amenities of The Hearth at Tuxis Pond

• Licenses: DPH Assisted Living Services Agency,

About The Hearth at Tuxis Pond

The Hearth provides the area's top care programs, activities, and services at a price point that creates an unparalleled value. At The Hearth at Tuxis Pond, we offer a complete range of senior living options to meet your needs and exceed your expectations. From independent living for those who want to enjoy an active, fulfilling life without the worries of home maintenance, to assisted living, 24-hour nursing and memory care for those who require a little extra support—it’s all designed to help you Live More® and achieve wellness in every aspect of your life.

Here you’ll enjoy gracious retirement living, engaging activities, and delicious made-from-scratch Hearth-Healthy dining options—all within the scenic shoreline town of Madison, CT in the southeastern corner of New Haven County. The Hearth at Tuxis Pond is an easy walk to the downtown area where you can enjoy shops, bookstores, coffee shops, a movie theater, and other local attractions, including the Madison Sculpture Mile and the Tuxis Pond Boardwalk.

Map of The Hearth at Tuxis Pond