Sunrise of Walnut Creek

Sunrise of Walnut Creek (844) 325-8230

Reviews of Sunrise of Walnut Creek

Assisted Living Reviews for Sunrise of Walnut Creek

February 28, 2014

Sunrise of Walnut Creek was nice. I like its layout, it was like a large house. The rooms were smaller than the other facility, but they were nice. The staff was good. They did have activities. I like that they had crafts going on everyday that were used. Like they had a group putting together flower arrangements and then those flower arrangements were going to go on the dinner tables for dinner. It seemed like they had meaningful crafts that were integrated into the workings of the place, like they had some kind of purpose. The best thing about this place, I think, was the residents and the way they interacted with each other. It was very interesting. Somebody had a birthday that day, but they were hanging out in the lobby together, talking, chatting and having a good time. It seemed like a comfortable place to be.

February 24, 2014

By Judy77299250

Sunrise of Walnut Creek seemed like a pleasant environment. The staff all seemed warm and friendly. A man who was working there kind of made a point of welcoming us and it impressed me. The people there looked busy, active and happy. The memory care part of it impressed me because we didn't see a scene like it with an open and controlled environment. I didn't see any indication of neglect of the housekeeping or the yard. The only problem we had was I was looking for a place which has a two bedroom unit and they didn't have any. They had all single bedrooms. Everything was very nice I really wouldn't have any criticisms except that it wouldn't fit our basic requirements.

January 30, 2014

I like the staff at Sunrise. I like the fact that you could, depending on your condition, stay there until you passed away. However, they only have studios. There wasn't even a sink, you couldn't plug in a toaster, you couldn't make a pot of coffee. You had to eat all of your meals in the dining room. There was nothing available in the room and for that reason, I would not pick it. I think it was really more for people who really had disabilities. Parking was horrible and the street is horrible. For someone else, it's probably perfect.

December 30, 2013

By Frederick2

My sister and I were able to find a facility that we loved which was Sunrise and we would be happy to place our mom in there but she refused to go. We were happy with the place. It was smaller and they seemed to be in touch with the residents. The person we talked with, Nancy, she's very knowledgeable. The rooms looked fine. The dining room and the food were both good. They had a list of things and it included going out to the town. They had activities in the residence as well. We were very impressed with Sunrise. I would recommend them others.

July 11, 2013

By SarahWilliams

Other

What an amazing community! I moved my mom in a year ago and while doing a search for an aunt in another state, I decided to look up my mother's community. The other reviewer is simply wrong! This community is gorgeous and the staff is incredibly pleasant. They have gone out of their way time and time again for my family when we've visited for lunch, unannounced. The care givers have tremendous compassion for my mom, doing the smallest, most mundane things, over and over again and with a smile each time. The rooms are perfect size for my mother and she spends most of her time doing activities or conversing with her neighbors or going on picnics and outtings with the Activity Director. The food is great as I have tried it on several occassions! There was only one hiccup I could think of when my mom's air conditioning unit went out and when I informed management, he got right on it and instead of a repair job, he had the entire air conditioning unit replaced with a brand new one. That's what I call customer service. The whole management team is very attentive, especially for my mom and moreso for our family. I would highly recommend Sunrise of Walnut Creek!

June 27, 2011

By EastBayGCM

Other

I've only had clients in the dementia unit, so that's all I can talk about here. I have mixed feelings about it. I was there, seeing a resident a few months ago, and someone had escaped while I was there. She just walked out, and no one could find her"”though they did eventually find her before I left. On the plus side, they have a stunning, enclosed garden area that's protected and safe. And the layout is wonderful; it has a lot of ambiance. The activities are good, too. They hold them in small rooms, with just a few people at a time. They're nicely done"”varied and positive. They also do a good job of bringing the dementia patients into the assisted living part of the facility if the patients are up to it. That's good. The rooms are a little on the dark side but nice. They're laid out like small apartments, with nice entrance foyers. And they have both private and shared rooms. I didn't see a lot of personal engagement on the part of the staff when I was there. I didn't feel they knew the residents well. I saw mostly women there, so that might be a factor for some families.

Photos of Sunrise of Walnut Creek

• Farsi
  • Spanish
  • Tagalog

About Sunrise of Walnut Creek

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can't help but feel at home. Sunrise of Walnut Creek in California will stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you'll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

Sunrise of Walnut Creek is built on a commitment to our residents and their families. We believe no two people are alike, so the services and attention we provide should never be exactly the same. That's also why we offer a variety of lifestyle, service and care options. By providing these choices, we not only offer solutions for today, but we provide the security of knowing that there are options for tomorrow.

Map of Sunrise of Walnut Creek