Sunrise of Walnut Creek

2175 Ygnacio Valley Road, Walnut Creek, CA 94598
Sunrise of Walnut Creek (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 220 days

Please ask about our special incentives!

Reviews of Sunrise of Walnut Creek

Assisted Living Reviews for Sunrise of Walnut Creek

May 31, 2017

By anna130536

Sunrise of Walnut Creek was also nice. They had different sizes of rooms, and they were clean. They had an activity room. One of their activities was that they would bring in flower and the residents would arrange flowers thorough the dining room and the common living area. The dining area was nice. The staff was nice and friendly. The place appeared to be clean.

February 26, 2017

By Craig624826

Sunrise was newer, and it looked very nice. The rooms I saw were studios; it was very clean, and both of them were of nice size and very nice. I looked at one on each floor. They have lots of activities, and they have rooms where they do activities. The staff was very friendly and very nice.

November 22, 2016

By Meg747263

Sunrise of Walnut Creek was a really nice place, but it was priced significantly higher compared to other places. The staff member who took me on a tour was really nice, spent a lot of time with me, and asked about my mother.

May 10, 2016

By Caring Loved One14

I liked the location of Sunrise of Walnut Creek. It was good, but it's not completely up-to-date. The carpet was worn and there were some things about it that seemed not 100% caught up with maintenance. They also were not interested in the dairy free diet. They could not accommodate that, but I liked everything else about it. The people, the tour and the dining room were nice and so were the social areas. The dining room was restaurant style. It just needed new carpet and the fact that they could not accommodate a special diet was a concern.

Thank you for expressing your concerns; please know that we take them very seriously and would like to learn more. Please email us at Information@SunriseSeniorLiving.com so we may follow up. Thank you, Sunrise Team

December 21, 2015

By Caring Daughter117006150

Sunrise of Walnut Creek is a very nice place. The rooms were very clean, but just very small.

November 30, 2015

I wasn't impressed with the staff at Sunrise of Walnut Creek. One resident came up and was complaining about something, and the staff turned to me and started gossiping, and I didn't appreciate that at all. In the living room, instead of having an activity that would be sensitive to other people's religions, they had a Bible study that everybody was supposed to go to. There were some people who were spiritual but not religious or may not be of a Christian religion, and I found that a little bit off-putting. The rooms were not anything to write home about, but everybody was pleasant. The working staff was pleasant too, but it was almost like they're being forced to be pleasant. My husband and I walked out of there and crossed that one off the list, but other people may love it. I didn't find the staff engaging, not like the other places. It just didn't feel right, and it wasn't a good fit for us. The residents didn't look happy. When we first walked in the door, there were three people sitting in wheelchairs that were nodding off and I could smell a scent of urine from one of them.

Thank you for your review; please know that we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience with Sunrise. Please email us at Information (At) SunriseSeniorLiving (Dot) com. Thank you, Sunrise Team

January 03, 2015

We’re very happy with Sunrise, but I can’t say the same for my mother. It’s just been a very big adjustment for her. It’s a beautiful place, and it’s well-kept. The workers there seemed very patient, and we’re happy. It’s a very well-kept facility. They’re very good with laundry, and the food menus are good. I think her main complaint is that the room is small.

February 28, 2014

Sunrise of Walnut Creek was nice. I like its layout, it was like a large house. The rooms were smaller than the other facility, but they were nice. The staff was good. They did have activities. I like that they had crafts going on everyday that were used. Like they had a group putting together flower arrangements and then those flower arrangements were going to go on the dinner tables for dinner. It seemed like they had meaningful crafts that were integrated into the workings of the place, like they had some kind of purpose. The best thing about this place, I think, was the residents and the way they interacted with each other. It was very interesting. Somebody had a birthday that day, but they were hanging out in the lobby together, talking, chatting and having a good time. It seemed like a comfortable place to be.

February 24, 2014

By Judy77299250

Sunrise of Walnut Creek seemed like a pleasant environment. The staff all seemed warm and friendly. A man who was working there kind of made a point of welcoming us and it impressed me. The people there looked busy, active and happy. The memory care part of it impressed me because we didn't see a scene like it with an open and controlled environment. I didn't see any indication of neglect of the housekeeping or the yard. The only problem we had was I was looking for a place which has a two bedroom unit and they didn't have any. They had all single bedrooms. Everything was very nice I really wouldn't have any criticisms except that it wouldn't fit our basic requirements.

January 30, 2014

I like the staff at Sunrise. I like the fact that you could, depending on your condition, stay there until you passed away. However, they only have studios. There wasn't even a sink, you couldn't plug in a toaster, you couldn't make a pot of coffee. You had to eat all of your meals in the dining room. There was nothing available in the room and for that reason, I would not pick it. I think it was really more for people who really had disabilities. Parking was horrible and the street is horrible. For someone else, it's probably perfect.

December 30, 2013

By Frederick2

My sister and I were able to find a facility that we loved which was Sunrise and we would be happy to place our mom in there but she refused to go. We were happy with the place. It was smaller and they seemed to be in touch with the residents. The person we talked with, Nancy, she's very knowledgeable. The rooms looked fine. The dining room and the food were both good. They had a list of things and it included going out to the town. They had activities in the residence as well. We were very impressed with Sunrise. I would recommend them others.

July 11, 2013

By SarahWilliams

Other

What an amazing community! I moved my mom in a year ago and while doing a search for an aunt in another state, I decided to look up my mother's community. The other reviewer is simply wrong! This community is gorgeous and the staff is incredibly pleasant. They have gone out of their way time and time again for my family when we've visited for lunch, unannounced. The care givers have tremendous compassion for my mom, doing the smallest, most mundane things, over and over again and with a smile each time. The rooms are perfect size for my mother and she spends most of her time doing activities or conversing with her neighbors or going on picnics and outtings with the Activity Director. The food is great as I have tried it on several occassions! There was only one hiccup I could think of when my mom's air conditioning unit went out and when I informed management, he got right on it and instead of a repair job, he had the entire air conditioning unit replaced with a brand new one. That's what I call customer service. The whole management team is very attentive, especially for my mom and moreso for our family. I would highly recommend Sunrise of Walnut Creek!

June 27, 2011

By EastBayGCM

Other

I've only had clients in the dementia unit, so that's all I can talk about here. I have mixed feelings about it. I was there, seeing a resident a few months ago, and someone had escaped while I was there. She just walked out, and no one could find her"”though they did eventually find her before I left. On the plus side, they have a stunning, enclosed garden area that's protected and safe. And the layout is wonderful; it has a lot of ambiance. The activities are good, too. They hold them in small rooms, with just a few people at a time. They're nicely done"”varied and positive. They also do a good job of bringing the dementia patients into the assisted living part of the facility if the patients are up to it. That's good. The rooms are a little on the dark side but nice. They're laid out like small apartments, with nice entrance foyers. And they have both private and shared rooms. I didn't see a lot of personal engagement on the part of the staff when I was there. I didn't feel they knew the residents well. I saw mostly women there, so that might be a factor for some families.

Memory Care Reviews for Sunrise of Walnut Creek