San Clemente Villas By The Sea San Clemente, CA

Offers Assisted Living, Independent Living, Continuing Care Communities, and Memory Care

660 Camino De Los Mares, San Clemente, CA 92673
San Clemente Villas By The Sea (800) 385-2527

Reviews of San Clemente Villas By The Sea

Assisted Living Reviews for San Clemente Villas By The Sea

August 31, 2015

By Susan112951150

I visited the San Clemente Villas by the Sea. I found the staff friendly, and the place was very well decorated and clean. Their dining room was very inviting. They were having water color instructions at that time. I think I went at a slow time because there weren’t a lot of people moving around or anything; they were just resting. I think it was after lunch. They seemed to have a lot of activities; they have movie nights, and there always seemed to be somebody in attendance to help with anything.

January 15, 2015

By Sheri7

San Clemente Villas was very busy. The day that my mom and I visited them was a Sunday. They were just finishing up their church service, and everybody was getting ready for lunch. It seems like the hallway was tight because everybody was out all at once. It was nice, but it was a little bit too chaotic for my mother. Because it was close quarters with all the people coming out at once, she felt it was a little bit chaotic. They had a lot going on in terms of the building's look which made it a little bit too cluttered. She wasn't comfortable there.

August 31, 2014

Villas by the Sea was good in every way. I loooked at some rooms when I visited, and it's not as much like an assisted living facility as the other place I visited. It was more like a hotel but not as large. It was good because it was not overwhelming and crowded.

June 30, 2014

By jensen4345

San Clemente Villas by the Sea is very nice. It has beautiful architecture, beautiful building, beautiful yards, nice rooms, nice dining rooms, and a nice entry lounge area; just a beautiful facility. Nice location; half a block from the beach. The rooms have a living room, bedroom area, the ones that I looked at, and a small service kitchenette-type area. The dining area is like a first-class restaurant that looks out to the patio and garden. The staff are very nice. They were thoroughly professional throughout the tour, and they tried to get us to go there, but it was too expensive.

August 01, 2013

By Lynne8

Dad is at San Clemente Villas. I like this facility because it is near our place. It seems nice, clean, and open. The staff is professional and they have lots of activities available. The food was fantastic. I will recommend it to others.

July 27, 2011

By Ecy

Other

I have visited and participated in many events at the San Clemente Villas the staff is very friendly and the residents seem very Happy, they have a lot of activities to choose from and the owners are very active with the residents I have a few clients that tell me they love living at the Villas they also welcome other people that provide services to help the senior community and they hold seminars on different subjects... its a great place its clean and a friendly environment they have all the amenities to make your living there easy and they are next to a hospital which is very convenient....

Independent Living Reviews for San Clemente Villas By The Sea

November 13, 2012

By deb4re

San Clemente Villas was terrific. It's probably the best one that I've ever seen. The rooms were very nice and modern. They have motion detectors so that if somebody doesn't get up by 9 or 10 in the morning, they send somebody to find out what's going on. All the residents wear a GPS, so they'll know where they are. The whole staff is very caring and they have so many things for the residents. I've had lunch and dinner there. Their food is wonderful and it's better than most restaurants. I think the best part is the activities that they have for the residents. There's always something going on like classes for the residents and their family. They have a doctor on staff that teaches people how to remember things, and other cognitive type of classes. They've got some big event going on almost every week.

November 19, 2011

By debgeb

My sisters and I have looked into 7 different assisted living locations. SC Villas by far has the best programs, least turnover of care givers and a most active program for seniors. Both in and outside of the facility. While most of them all have a very caring side, our mother with mild dementia who still cares for herself, will greatly benefit from the Memory Enhancement Program (2 years new, 5 days a week, 1hr, 2x day) is a step above the services that most of the other places offered. Every staff member is so kind and they all know the residences names. Our mother needs sound structure that the Villas provide and a memory care unit which in turn will equate to not needing to make another move to another facility. Best of all it is FUN there for all.

Questions about San Clemente Villas By The Sea

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at San Clemente Villas By The Sea. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The average age is from 80-95 years old. They love the activities and the home vibe of building and employees we are all a family here

What programs or activities does San Clemente Villas By The Sea offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Lively activities that exercise the mind, body and soul.

What places are near San Clemente Villas By The Sea or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Shopping centers Ex. Ralphs, CVS, Trader Joe's, and many restaurants as well as Doctors offices.

What transportation services does San Clemente Villas By The Sea offer to assisted living residents?

Doctors appointments, shopping trips.

What makes the chef or dining program at San Clemente Villas By The Sea exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Salvador our chef has been in the assisted living industry for over 20 years. We have 3 entrée for lunch and dinner along with a fresh salad bar. We offer fine dining and for breakfast, we offer a full breakfast service every day.

What safety features or security measures does San Clemente Villas By The Sea offer to assisted living residents?

We have Pendants, wander guard system, bathroom alerts and motion sensors. We have cameras in our common areas. 24-hour caregivers.

How does San Clemente Villas By The Sea keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We contact them by phone call or email.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at San Clemente Villas By The Sea during daytime and nighttime hours?

Daytime: 1 caregiver for 12 residents Nighttime: 1 Caregiver to 19 Residents

If San Clemente Villas By The Sea accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We accept both and we have a yard in front of the building or one in the back of the building.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Shopping centers Ex. Ralphs, CVS, Trader Joe's, and many restaurants.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at San Clemente Villas By The Sea has organized?

Movies theatre trips, Carlsbad flowers field.

What transportation services does San Clemente Villas By The Sea offer to independent living residents?

Bus service and a ford flex takes them to doctors appointments and shopping.

What makes the chef or dining program at San Clemente Villas By The Sea exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Salvador, our chef, has been in the assisted living industry for over 20 years. we have 3 entrée for lunch and dinner along with a fresh salad bar. We offer fine dining. And for breakfast, we offer a full breakfast service every day.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Front yard, living room area, movie theatre, pool, exercise room, and library.

What safety features or security measures does San Clemente Villas By The Sea offer to independent living residents?

Pendant, security cameras, bathroom sensor and alert buttons.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

Daytime: 7 caregivers Night:5 caregivers

What safety features or security measures does San Clemente Villas By The Sea provide to protect residents who wander?

Wonder Guard, cameras. memory care pass code system

What programs or activities does San Clemente Villas By The Sea offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Singing, painting, reading, movies, and walks.

Nurse and Care Manager. It's changed and checked every 6 months, when needed, and when discharged from hospital or B&C.

What techniques does San Clemente Villas By The Sea use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Serve them, cut their food, or puree.

How does San Clemente Villas By The Sea keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

We contact them by phone call or email.

Describe the neighborhood around San Clemente Villas By The Sea. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

There are doctors' offices and shopping centers.

Is San Clemente Villas By The Sea affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

We have an in house doctor who comes in 2 times a week or we send them to Mission Viejo hospital or their choice.

Costs for San Clemente Villas By The Sea

Photos of San Clemente Villas By The Sea

Services and Amenities of San Clemente Villas By The Sea

• Fee Structure Extra: Al Is Rent + Care/Mc Is All Inclusive

• Housing Extra: Companion Suites In Mc Only

Training Areas

• Family Communication

About San Clemente Villas By The Sea

A vibrant retirement community, San Clemente Villas by the Sea offers a healthy and comfortable environment for residents 65+ who experience difficulty performing daily activities. Located in San Clemente, our respectful and dignified comprehensive assisted living provides residents a familiar, comfortable setting and sense of independence. They enjoy great amenities including delicious gourmet dining, planned activities, onsite theater and library with computers, a pool & spa, and outdoor patio areas for important social interaction.

San Clemente Villas offers residents numerous on-site amenities, ranging from recreational programs, book groups, card games, shopping excursions, and nightly movies to name just a few.

• Luxury Dining Room
  • Theater
  • Game Area
  • Scheduled Transportation
  • Concierge

We cater our activities to the interests of our residents by providing a variety of social events highlighted on a rotating daily calendar offering the best in education, entertainment, health, and social activities ... all designed to keep the mind sharp and engaged.

Our services and care encourage as much independence as possible, while providing assistance for adults who need help with dressing, bathing, taking medications, healthy nutrition, exercise and other daily chores.

Our philosophy of care is based upon respect, dignity, patience, and helping residents to achieve as much self-sufficiency as possible. Regardless of the care that your loved one needs, San Clemente Villas will ensure that they will get excellent care in an environment where they feel at home.

Map of San Clemente Villas By The Sea