Manorcare Health Services Palm Desert, CA

Reviews of Manorcare Health Services

Nursing Home Reviews for Manorcare Health Services

August 23, 2014

By Dora3

My mom was in Manor Care for around 5 to 6 weeks. I liked it; it was really nice. There was a lot of socializing for them and that’s what I wanted her to have. The staff was really good. They have Bingo, horse racing, cards and Friday night wine and dine. It was really active and I liked it. Her room wasn’t nice as I would have liked; there was an area where she was supposed to go that was nicer but she was able to come home before moving there.

July 14, 2014

By Ellingson

Our 94 year old mother ended up here after a car accident. She was in physical and occupational therapy for awhile and then took a turn for the worst. The staff in the cardiac area were amazing. They treated our mother with tender loving care and were so sensitive and attentive. She was released from the hospital to this facility and we had no say in the matter but we feel we couldn't have asked for a better place for her to end her days on earth.

December 29, 2013

By Luis1

Mom is presently at Manorcare. We are very happy with the place and I think they very well took care of my mom, but right now she getting to a point that things are not getting better and they can't do anything for her. We are very comfortable with them. The staff is awesome. I love the place. Mom has been there for almost three years now and we may have a couple of bumps here and there but it's perfectly understandable. They keep the facility very nice. There's no complains about the place at all. They have all kinds of activities going on all the time. They have several activity rooms where people can go.

October 11, 2012

By Desert_Star

After my grandfather had a stroke and complications, we had no choice but to find him a nursing home. After doing research and touring a couple other local nursing facilities with dismal results, I toured Manor Care and our decision was instantly made. In touring the facility, you can easily see the quality of care Manor Care gives it's residents. The staff was extremely friendly, helpful, and supportive both before and after choosing the facility for my grandfather. The facility was clean and attractive, the residents were clean, looked happy, and were well supervised. There were many social activities for those who were able to partake. As I waited for a tour, the residents and their guests in the lobby sung the facility's praises, one telling me she returns every time she has another operation. Manor Care made the process of admission for my grandfather simple. We visited continually, and each time he was clean, well cared for, and the staff knew exactly where he was and what he was doing. Impressive considering the size of the facility and amount of patients! My grandfather was notorious for trying to wiggle out of the bed, and Manor Care made sure that the staff was aware and padding was placed around the bed in the event he tried to get out of bed without help. They also made sure his bed was as low to the ground as possible to prevent any injury. That said, He rarely had enough time to try to get loose between staff supervision. They were great about keeping us informed about his care, his needs, and any issues that arose.He was eventually transferred to their Hospice care section as his health continued to decline. The staff there was equally supportive and attentive. They kept him comfortable and well cared for until his passing. They helped to make everything as simple for us as possible.I know we definitely made the right choice in choosing Manor Care for our loved one, and I can honestly say that if ever I had to be placed in a nursing facility, I would want it to be Manor Care.

About Manorcare Health Services

Manorcare Health Services is a senior living provider in Palm Desert, California that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Manorcare Health Services for more details on services and rates.

Map of Manorcare Health Services