St. John of God Retirement & Care Center

St. John of God Retirement & Care Center (844) 325-8230

Reviews of St. John of God Retirement & Care Center

Assisted Living Reviews for St. John of God Retirement & Care Center

November 11, 2014

The one I liked the most was St. John of God. It was a nun that was showing us around. The people who live there were all very smiling and upbeat. It was so clean, and the grounds were great. It was the only one that had a big indoor swimming pool, and they have classes and physical therapists. For those who are totally incapable of caring for themselves, they had someone come in the morning, help you to get up, and help you to bathe. They had certain rules and they would do everything for you if you were totally disabled. It’s pretty expensive; it was out of my range of monetary means so I couldn’t go there. Nothing that I saw measured up to St John of God. They had everything.

July 10, 2012

By buddybuddy

I didn't have any major issues with this facility. Things seemed to be maintained well. It was an old building but nothing seemed to be out of order or dirty. There is a gated parking lot which is convenient. Things seem pretty safe and secure there, and the other residents seemed to be calm and enjoying themselves. My grandmother sometimes complained about being neglected, but she is the type to complain excessively so I can't say for sure it was a legitimate problem. It did get pretty hot and stuffy in the room. The cafeteria food was decent quality. It was in a relatively quiet neighborhood near Korea town, with stores nearby. The workers there seemed nice, although I didn't interact with them too much. My overall impression was not amazing, but it was good overall and would recommend this facility to others if they are looking for a place that is safe and decent.

November 17, 2011

By Michael F.

St. John of God Care Center is an extremely nice facility. It is also in a very nice area of LA, near Wilshire Boulevard and Koreatown. When my client was in this facility, I rented a room on St. Andrews Place, very close to the facility. The neighborhood was not noisy and it had shopping nearby, and the metro was within walking distance. The building itself was also very neat-looking. Although it looked like an older building, it seemed to be well-kept and very clean on the inside. The food also smelled great coming from the cafeteria - and my client said that it always tasted great. I would definitely recommend this facility to anyone in the LA area.

Costs for St. John of God Retirement & Care Center

• Tagalog

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

• State Licenses: 198601817, 197603725, 19180063

• About St. John of God Retirement & Care Center

St. John of God’s hospitality grew out of his personal experience of meeting the needs of those who suffered, with care and compassion, offering them respect and dignity in a manner that was restorative and healing.

St. John Grande Assisted Living

If loving care, good friends, and secure, stimulating surroundings define an exceptional senior life, we have it here at St. John Grande Community. We have the resident’s daily needs met in a caring, safe and active environment. Our beautiful, safe and hospitable community offers a full spectrum of assisted living services administered by quality caregivers and well trained professionals.

St. Richard Pampuri Assisted Living:

If loving care, good friends, and secure, stimulating surroundings define an exceptional lifestyle, we have it here in our St. Richard Pampuri Assisted Living Community. All the daily needs of residents are met in a caring, safe and active environment.

St. Benedict Menni Memory Care Facility:

For over 20 years, we have cared for residents who developed limitations with dementia and other memory impairments. This extensive experience and the latest medical findings were combined to create, from the ground up, a facility for the ambulatory memory-impaired senior. Here residents can live in bright spacious rooms, walk in a secure garden, interact with a caring, proactive team of specially-trained professionals, and work with a step-by-step program designed to slow memory loss and maintain a safe environment.

St. John of God Retirement and Care Center has served the people of Southern California for over 70 years. The story of the growth and development of St. John of God Retirement and Care Center has been a journey of care and compassion, love and commitment, embarked upon by many generous people who gave their personal time and resources to meet the needs of the elderly in Los Angeles.

Map of St. John of God Retirement & Care Center