Hollywood Hills, A Pacifica Senior Living Community

Reviews of Hollywood Hills, A Pacifica Senior Living Community

Assisted Living Reviews for Hollywood Hills, A Pacifica Senior Living Community

October 12, 2020

By Ann

My brother moved into Hollywood Hills a couple of months ago. They have gone through a lot of turmoil and a lot of turnover of staff. They lost paperwork, and they sent me papers to re-sign. I will give them a low grade on that. The facility is very nice. I've gotten to know various people but I haven't met the new executive director. She has only been there a couple of months now or less. We went there partly because we really like the people when we first went there, but then they all left. I like the sales people who stayed. I really like them. I love my brother's room, I love the building, and I love the facility. It took a long time to move in because they were refurbishing the building and I think everything went longer. They still have a lot of problems since they moved people in; the dishwashers weren't working. It took over a year to supposedly get all of those things right. My anticipation of it being a great place is still there. I anticipate that. They have a lot more bumps on the road than I've experienced in any place else, but it's my first experience with a brand new one or one that's just freshly re-open. I understand there can be issues like that, but I still anticipate that it's going to end up working out really well. They still have work to do. The price is not out of line; it's right within standards.

Thank you for taking the time to share your review, your opinion is very important to us. Did you know we have a Facebook page with pictures of our residents and their interesting activities? (The link to the Facebook page is on our website). Please feel free to contact with any and all questions. We hope you have a wonderful day and we hope to see you at one of our upcoming activities!

October 12, 2020

By Curlee

Activities with Robert are fun and enlightening. I love eating in the dining room. The staff cares. They are always willing to help. I love watching movies with friends. To me, it seems like the space in my room is treated in an improper way. You get enough room for the living room, but it takes away from the bedroom. Outdoor is only a yard, and that's about it. The response to room service is very poor. If I call, 'You come and help me in my room,' they get here two or three hours later.

Hi Curlee, thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive review for our team at Hollywood Hills. We appreciate it & so do our other reviewers at Caring. Thank you so much again for your feedback! We hope you have a great day!

October 01, 2020

By Brian Perry

Thank you Jana and Hollywood Hills for making this journey for Al a much easier process. I’ve been looking for several weeks for a dear friend that needs to be in a safer and more reliable setting. I was frustrated until I came across Hollywood Hills. It is five star quality, beautiful amenities, great staff, movie screening room, gym , lobby bar, cleaning services and so many other options. There is nothing in the los Angeles area that compares! Truly a godsend! Vanessa, Sharon, and Robert have been unbelievable as well in their customer service skills, care and making sure that everything went smoothly and like clockwork. I can’t thank you all enough for making this such a beautiful experience. Sincerely, Brian Perry

Hello Brian, thank you for your positive review, we are grateful to see that you feel this way and appreciate you taking the time to share! We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at Hollywood Hills. Thank you again, we hope you have a wonderful day! You are always a pleasure to speak with!

Memory Care Reviews for Hollywood Hills, A Pacifica Senior Living Community

Questions about Hollywood Hills, A Pacifica Senior Living Community

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Ongoing training is a combination of computer-based learning, hands-on live classroom training and monthly in-service events led by the clinical team, executive director, or a third party vendor.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Hollywood Hills, A Pacifica Senior Living Community. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Hollywood Hills will have Independent, Assisted Living and Memory Care Residents. Our age range will be 62 - 100. We will provide a full range of activities for everyone's enjoyment from Wii bowling to Bridge, crafts and a knitting group. Our Activity Director will meet with each resident to discover what they would enjoy doing during the day.

What programs or activities does Hollywood Hills, A Pacifica Senior Living Community offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We provide a full range of speakers that will enrich our residents' lives. From Healthy Living to Art, Music and Theatre. We are right in the mecca of the entertainment industry so we hope to make use of our surroundings. It is important for our residents to have a say in what they will enjoy doing.

What places are near Hollywood Hills, A Pacifica Senior Living Community or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We are close to historical landmarks such as the famous Hollywood sign, Griffith Park and the attractions of Sunset Boulevard. Grauman's Chinese Theatre, the Hollywood Bowl and Capitol Records are all close by. We are also close to Hollywood Presbyterian Hospital and Cedar Sinai Hospital.

What transportation services does Hollywood Hills, A Pacifica Senior Living Community offer to assisted living residents?

A full time, certified driver is available through the community's transportation department. Scheduled services take residents to nearby medical appointments, shopping trips, religious services, banks, postal services and weekly outings.

What makes the chef or dining program at Hollywood Hills, A Pacifica Senior Living Community exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Meals will be prepared fresh daily by our on-site-chefs and are served in beautifully appointed, restaurant-style settings by attentive dining room staff.

What safety features or security measures does Hollywood Hills, A Pacifica Senior Living Community offer to assisted living residents?

Hollywood Hills is a gated community. Our residents will have a pendant that they can push if they need help. Every apartment will have a smoke detector, fire alarm, sprinkler and fire horns. Access after hours will be through an intercom which can open the gate from the front desk.

How does Hollywood Hills, A Pacifica Senior Living Community keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Family Council is a wonderful way to keep families informed about their loved ones. We will make sure our families have access to a monthly calendar. Enjoying a meal together for a special night with speakers will be a top priority. Access to your Executive Director is very important. Our staff will be ready to help with any problem.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Hollywood Hills, A Pacifica Senior Living Community during daytime and nighttime hours?

The state's requirement is to have sufficient staff to deliver services required by residents. Every resident is assessed for care needs and entered into a computer program which will print out what our staffing needs are for the amount of residents we are serving.

If Hollywood Hills, A Pacifica Senior Living Community accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Pets are part of the family, so all Pacifica Living communities are pet-friendly (with weight limitations). We will have two patios which are resident's will be able to take their pets to visit. Hollywood Boulevard is down the street so residents can enjoy a nice walk outside.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

The administrator must be licensed and every two years take 40 hours of required training. Before working with residents, caregivers who assist with Activities for Daily Living must have 40 hours of initial training and 20 hours each year. Dementia caregivers have an additional 12 hours of initial training which include 6 hours of training before working alone with residents. Training will be on a variety of subjects. All staff will be fully trained.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

During the day, our staff includes a nurse, 2 med techs, a minimum of 8 caregivers, 2 activity personnel and other ancillary staff, such as kitchen, maintenance, and administration personnel. Our overnight staff consists of 1 med tech, 4 caregivers, and a nurse on-call.

What safety features or security measures does Hollywood Hills, A Pacifica Senior Living Community provide to protect residents who wander?

We are a gated community. Each resident will be assessed by their Physician who will determine if a resident can leave the property alone.

What programs or activities does Hollywood Hills, A Pacifica Senior Living Community offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Hollywood Hills Memory Care offers a robust activities program staffed by an activities director and activities assistants. We follow the “7 daily keys” insuring to incorporate physical wellness, reminiscing, social, cognitive, music, life skills and the outdoors when creating the activities programs for our resident 7 days a week. Group activities include but are not limited to exercise, gardening, movies, baking, games & puzzles, art classes and live performances. One on one activities are also incorporated through the day tailored to residents individual interests. Long-term memories are engaged through activities such as reminiscing with memory books, having musical and dancing activities.

Each resident is assessed by the nurse initially at move-in, 30 days after move-in and every 90 days thereafter.

What techniques does Hollywood Hills, A Pacifica Senior Living Community use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

As Pacifica Senior Living practices individual person-centered care, techniques vary per resident and are meant to be independent appropriate. Techniques may include reminders, cueing, mechanically enhanced foods or assist with feeding. To enrich the dining experience we also provide all our meals on colorful plating.

How does Hollywood Hills, A Pacifica Senior Living Community keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

At 30 days after move-in and every 90 days thereafter following the assessment by the nurse, a Care Conference is conducted between the family or POA, Associate Executive Director and resident if they wish to attend. Intermittently, health concerns are communicated as they may arise.

Describe the neighborhood around Hollywood Hills, A Pacifica Senior Living Community. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Pacifica Hollywood Hills is nestled in a residential neighborhood in the heart of Hollywood Village near a churches, schools, retail and close to the 101 Freeway, making it convenient for loved ones to visit. The community is full of rich history and preserved architecture from it's original design in 1937.

Is Hollywood Hills, A Pacifica Senior Living Community affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Although Pacifica Senior Living does not have a corporate affiliation with a hospital, our community works closely with Hollywood Presbyterian, Cedars Sinai, Kaiser Sunset and Glendale Memorial, all located within 4 miles from our community.

Costs for Hollywood Hills, A Pacifica Senior Living Community

• Features Extra: Arts & Crafts Room, Chapel

• Activities Extra: Social, Cultural, Recreational Activities

• Special Diets

• Pets: Yes

• Range Of Services Extra: 24 Hour Licensed Nursing Staff, Incontinence Management, Hearing Aid Care

Types of care

• Meal Preparation

Training Areas

• Patient Transfers

• State Licenses: 197609103

About Hollywood Hills, A Pacifica Senior Living Community

Discover Hollywood Hills

Coming to Gramercy Place, Hollywood Hills by Pacifica Senior Living will offer Los Angeles seniors exquisite Assisted Living, Memory Care and Respite Care in a luxurious community designed for living well.

It’s a New Day. And It’s Yours.

At Hollywood Hills, we don’t expect our residents to “fit” into our community. We’ve designed a unique environment to fit them – to meet their different needs, preferences, dreams and goals.

We provide residents with every service and amenity they need, want and deserve to live each day just as they choose. From a variety of floor plans to inviting spaces both indoors and outdoors, Hollywood Hills offers residents spacious private apartments, as well as community areas in which to gather with friends and enjoy each other’s company.

Map of Hollywood Hills, A Pacifica Senior Living Community