Sunset Homes

Reviews of Sunset Homes

Assisted Living Reviews for Sunset Homes

July 17, 2020

By Scott

My mother-in-law has been in Sunset Homes for 8 months now. The experience is very positive and she gets excellent care. The caregivers are super and they really care about the people. They are very courteous and friendly. They're just really good people. We are very happy that my mother-in-law is there. She is getting much better care than where she was before. Now with the COVID thing, they're in lockdown and they're very strict about it. Nobody goes in and nobody goes out. We are happy in that sense because COVID has wreaked havoc in some of the other assisted living facilities. Unfortunately, COVID has stopped a lot of the activities but they have music and other activities for the residents. My mother-in-law loves to play scrabble, so I'm sure that is continuing, but a lot of their outside activities have been discontinued. Before COVID, they had several group get-togethers and outings. Sunset Homes is so superior to where she was before. They are very caring and very gentle with my mother-in-law. She can be a handful and a little nasty at times, but they laugh it off and they keep going about their business. They deal with older people all the time and they know that they have good days and bad days. They're just super. The place is a beautiful home and it is extremely well-maintained. The inside is absolutely spotless. Every time we have been there, it is always clean and no foul odor. The value for money is extremely competitive.

April 25, 2018

By LinL

I am so appreciative of the care and attention my Mother and Father received at Sunset Homes in Laguna Niguel. My Dad had serious health issues and needed more care than we could give him at home. My Mom did not need a caregiver but wanted to be with my Dad and so they shared a master bedroom with an ensuite bathroom. First of all, the owner, Bob, was over-the-top engaged and proactive with my Dad. He did everything he could, personally, and in dealing with the medical personnel, to provide my Dad with some quality of life while living at Sunset Home. The main caregivers, Maria and Fredo, are both extremely caring and attentive and immediately became like family. to my parents and their children, too.. Luanna made sure that my Mom had outside activities to keep her engaged during her stay. Bob and Luanna let my Mom plant flowers in the garden and allowed our huge family to host parties at their home which has the perfect back yard for entertaining. My whole family feels a warmth and affection for all at Sunset Homes.

Costs for Sunset Homes

Photos of Sunset Homes

Services and Amenities of Sunset Homes

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed Only.

About Sunset Homes

sunsethomesocc.com

Sunset Homes was established in September 1990 and is a privately owned company comprised of two homes located in Laguna Niguel, California. We have two beautiful Care Homes to choose from just a 1/2 mile away from each other. Each home may accommodate a total of six residents.

Placement - Each home is comprised of residents based on there alertness and ability to perform activities of daily living, such as personal hygiene, dressing, ability to walk and use of the bathroom. All potential clients are assisted prior to admission, generally following a tour of one of the homes. Then together with a member of the family, a decision is made as to which home is most appropriate.

General Services

At Sunset Homes we provide the highest quality of general services as well as many special services. Our general services include :

• Single or double occupancy room.
  • Three nutritious meals served daily along with between meal snacks.
  • Special diets are available if preferred by residents or prescribed by the physician.
  • Cleaning of resident rooms and common areas.
  • Bedroom furniture which includes weekly fresh linen or more often if needed.
  • A planned activity program including available community resources, i.e. church services, senior centers, beauty parlor appointments, etc.
  • Our services may be modified to meet the needs or desires of the residents or their family.

Special Services

• Care of Dementia / Alzheimer’s Disease clients and their unique needs. DSS Dementia Waiver since 01/2003
  • Non-Ambulatory Residents since 09/1990
  • Care of terminal / dying clients and their unique needs that reside with Sunset Homes.
  • Allocated three Hospice waiver beds since 05/31/2001
  • Allocated one bedridden bed waiver since 01/17/2008
  • All outside medical appointments are coordinated through the family. Initially, Mr. Green RN participates in medical appointments in order to enhance communication between the primary care physician and the family.
  • Perimeter alarm system.
  • Working with non-ambulatory / non talking clients.
  • Bedside care for minor and temporary illness.
  • Assistance with bathing and personal needs.
  • Care of bowling bladder incontinence.

As the owner of Sunset Homes, I have several years of health care experience at all levels of management and maintain a current RN License. This extensive experience in health care may assist you when considering which level of care is most appropriate for your loved one.

Map of Sunset Homes