Pacifica Senior Living Mission Villa

Reviews of Pacifica Senior Living Mission Villa

Memory Care Reviews for Pacifica Senior Living Mission Villa

October 20, 2016

By DrJimmi

Pacifica Senior Living Mission Villa was the perfect facility for my dad, but I don't trust them. I had my dad evaluated with them, and when my sister made an unannounced drop-in visit, the prices were different. It's been 2 weeks since I was there. I met with the staff and had an appointment, but they were late to meet with us. I was very disappointed to be kept waiting. The facility was wonderful, and I loved it. The price I was given was one price, but 2 weeks later, I had my dad evaluated, and the price went up by $500. I was told the first time that supplies were included, but my sister made a visit this week, and the supplies are now not included. They said my dad wasn't a good fit for them, but I never got a callback from the nurse to tell me why he's not a good fit. They told me "If you come now, we'll try to get you the same price point." I come, and the staff's not there again. She's late again, and that is a big pet peeve of mine because if you make an appointment, you should be there for the appointment. I left, and I said "Please call me," but I never got a phone call, no nothing, and that's just bad business. I am very disappointed. But the facility is clean and well taken care of. We found out from her as to why my dad wasn't a good fit -- he didn't have a local doctor. We had already discussed this, and my dad has a local doctor. When I had my meeting with her, she was told that, but she just dropped the ball and didn't tell her staff that. I think it's too much for her to handle. You have to be upfront and honest, and that's not asking too much.

September 11, 2016

By J415

My visit to Mission Villa was positive, the surroundings were nice, and the staff was very pleasant. The rooms were modest, but fine, and the security seemed good.

Thank you for your positive review! We are very proud of our community and the level of care we provide! Please let us know if you have any questions, we thank you for your consideration and look forward to seeing you again.

November 24, 2015

By Vickie12

Everything went really well when I visited Mission Villa for my mother. I met with the director who was very nice and very informative. The rooms were very nice. Everything was clean, light, bright, and sunny due to the many windows. They have a courtyard and activities. The facility was a bit pricey for us but nice. The dining area was a very big, open area.

Thank you for your review, we appreciate it. We understand what a hard decision this is for families and we want them to know that we care about your loved ones and will treat them like our own.We have daily engaging and interesting activities in our homey cottages for our residents. We also have a Facebook page with pictures and we invite you to "like" our page and engage with us! (The link to the Facebook page is on our website). Also, we have done a comprehensive study senior living having expensive, our rates are right in line with the competitors. In fact, we are a better value with more programs and options. We thank you for your consideration and hope that you choose our community for your mother. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to reach out to us. (650) 753-1700.

August 11, 2015

By Caring111921950

The staff is fine. My brother is currently in his own room, and the rooms are very spacious, very large, and very clean. They have the services and the needs that most fit what we needed. We haven't been there that long, but it's definitely very good and comparable to most of the other places we saw. There's nothing bad about Pacifica Senior Living Mission Villa -- I would recommend them.

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive review. We appreciate it & thank you for your review.
See all Memory Care reviews (8) See fewer reviews

Questions about Pacifica Senior Living Mission Villa

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Dementia care training starts at orientation and continues throughout the staffs’ tenure. Onboarding includes 26 hours of Dementia and Assisted Living care training with 3 – 5 days of hands-on training. Ongoing training is comprised of computer-based learning (8 additional hours per year); hands-on live classroom training (4 hours per year); and monthly in-service events led by the registered nurse, executive director, or a third party vendor.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

During the day, our staff includes a nurse, 2 med techs, a minimum of 8 caregivers, 2 activity personnel and other ancillary staff, such as kitchen, maintenance, and administration personnel. Our overnight staff consists of 1 med tech, 4 caregivers, and a nurse on-call.

What programs or activities does Pacifica Senior Living Mission Villa offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Pacifica Senior Living offers a robust activities program staffed by an activities director and an activities assistant. Group activities including, but limited to, exercise, gardening, movies, baking, putting golf, and singing are scheduled seven days a week from 9:30am through 6:00pm. Additionally, individual one-on-one activities, such as manicures and jewelry making, are ongoing throughout the day. Long-term memories are engaged through activities specific for long-term stimulation and reminiscing with memory books. Other activities include, but are not limited to, live music, dance groups, birthday parties, dance parties, ice cream parties, and holiday parties.

Each resident is assessed by the registered nurse every 90 days. After the resident has had his/her assessment, a care conference is scheduled with the family/Power of Attorney and resident to meet with the executive director, registered nurse, and activities director.

What techniques does Pacifica Senior Living Mission Villa use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

As Pacifica Senior Living practices individual person-centered care, techniques vary per resident and are meant to be independent appropriate. Techniques may include reminders, cueing, mechanically enhanced foods, hand-under-hand assistance, or a total assist with feeding. To enrich the dining experience we also provide all our meals on colorful plating.

How does Pacifica Senior Living Mission Villa keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

At 30 days after move-in and every 90 days thereafter following the assessment by the nurse, a Care Conference is conducted between the family or POA, Associate Executive Director and resident if they wish to attend. Intermittently, health concerns are communicated as they may arise.

Describe the neighborhood around Pacifica Senior Living Mission Villa. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Mission Villa is located in a residential neighborhood here in Daly City which is just minutes away from San Francisco and surrounding restaurants, shops, Ocean Beach, San Francisco Zoo, etc. Daly City is in San Mateo County.

Is Pacifica Senior Living Mission Villa affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Pacifica Senior Living is not affiliated with a Hospital but there are two hospitals located nearby within minutes from our community. Seton Medical Center in Daly City and Kaiser South San Francisco. A Nurse Practitioner from Kaiser South San Francisco’s Community Based Program, visits our residents who are Kaiser Members here weekly which not all communities offer.

Costs for Pacifica Senior Living Mission Villa

Photos of Pacifica Senior Living Mission Villa

Services and Amenities of Pacifica Senior Living Mission Villa

• Technology Extra: Dedicated Activity Director And Staff That Provides, Daily/7 Days A Week, Therapeutic Activity Programming, Special Events, Live Music/Entertainment And Scenic Drives.

• Nurse On Staff: 40 Hours/Week, On Call 24/7

• Diabetic
  • Low Fat
  • Low Salt

• Minimum Age: None

About Pacifica Senior Living Mission Villa

Mission Villa Memory Care offers full-service memory care services, providing a warm, inviting and familiar environment for residents with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia. Our community focuses on programs that help individuals with memory loss to even thrive—while managing the issues of dementia.

Our residential care community offers an atmosphere of home and comfort, reducing the feeling of loneliness and confusion. We understand how important this is to our residents and their loved ones. While providing the best in customized care for our residents, we also provide support and education for families, helping the entire family enhance their understanding and happiness.

Map of Pacifica Senior Living Mission Villa