11 Assisted Living Facilities near Barboursville, WV
Also serving communities of Ona.
There are 11 Assisted Living Facilities in the Barboursville area, with 3 in Barboursville and 8 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 35 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Barboursville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Barboursville 3.7 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Hurricane with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Barboursville, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Barboursville, WV
8 Assisted Living Facilities near Barboursville, WV
Assisted Living near Barboursville, WV
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Barboursville
Review of Chateau Grove Senior Living
Horrible food, not enough food for a bird to eat. No generator so the electric is out there's no air and if a patient is on oxygen, how dies their machine work? Floor is nasty bc they don't clean i... Read more
Review of Chateau Grove Senior Living
Mom is comfortable at Chateau Grove. She likes it. They seem to be treating her fine. Most of the staff there that I have run into have been absolutely wonderful. These people worked with me and go... Read more
Review of The Village at Riverview
THE BEST ASSISTED LIVING FACILITY in the area! I have a loved one there and the care and concern she receives is truly exceptional. The place always smells nice, is clean and sanitary and all of... Read more
Assisted Living near Cabell County, WV
More Options Near Barboursville, WV
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Barboursville
Barboursville, which is nicknamed The Best Little Village in the State, has a history that stretches back to 1813. Today, the quaint community hosts a variety of year-round events for seniors to enjoy, including its Civil Wars Days, where visitors can witness reenactments.
Cabell County, the county in which Barboursville is located, is home to close to 95,000 people, roughly 18 percent of whom are over the age of 65. To support its local seniors, the city has three assisted living facilities, and there are another 16 located nearby. These facilities are licensed by the Department of Health and Human Resources, Bureau for Public Health, Office of Health Facilities Licensure and Certification.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Barboursville
- Barboursville's overall cost of living is on par with the state average and about 14 percent lower than the national average. Health care and groceries cost about 6 percent less here than elsewhere in the country, which may let seniors put more money toward assisted living.
- Barboursville's summers are hot and humid with highs in the mid-80s, while the winters are short and cold with lows in the 20s. The area receives 15 inches of snow annually, compared to the national average annual snowfall of 26 inches, which may benefit seniors who enjoy being active in the community.
- Barboursville's property crime and violent crime scores are 71.2 and 32.8, compared to the national averages of 38.1 and 31.1, respectively. To ensure residents' safety, assisted living facilities have security systems, though seniors should practice caution with vehicles and personal belongings when they're out and about.
- Cabell County has decent air quality, which may be beneficial for seniors with COPD, asthma and other respiratory conditions. The county was given a C for ozone pollution and an A for short-term particle pollution by the American Lung Association.
- West Virginia is among the few states that tax Social Security benefits, as well as other types of retirement income. However, seniors may be able to claim deductions to offset those taxes.
- The Barboursville area has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Huntington.
Paying for Assisted Living in Barboursville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in West Virginia
Assisted Living costs in Barboursville start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Barboursville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Barboursville
Currently, West Virginia does not cover assisted living services under Medicaid or any other state-funded programs.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in West Virginia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in West Virginia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Barboursville
Barboursville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Barboursville, please visit our Assisted Living in West Virginia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Barboursville
Barboursville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in West Virginia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in West Virginia page for more information about these laws.