Huntington Health and Rehabilitation Center

Reviews of Huntington Health and Rehabilitation Center

Assisted Living Reviews for Huntington Health and Rehabilitation Center

September 13, 2012

By teak

The facility was nice and generally well taken care of. The hallways were incredibly clean and the rooms were spacious and allowed my relative the room she needed to get around and live a semi-independent life. The staff was very friendly and helped us not only find her room, but gave us a tour of the facility so we would know the areas my relative would be frequenting. The nurses had good communication with my relative, which was very nice as she said that she was not used to this at other facilities. My relative was able to move about the facility freely and was allowed to go outside and sit whenever she felt like it. The staff was always more than happy to assist her getting around.My only complaint about the facility was how often my aunt was moved between rooms. It wasn't a problem for her at all; but it was difficult for us to find her at times.

June 29, 2012

By heathurrr

The only complaint I had was that they moved my grandfather around a lot, and at his age, may cause confusion. Overall, I enjoyed being there and am happy the staff are welcoming and nice. He gets around easily, and has a nice, clean room.

Nursing Home Reviews for Huntington Health and Rehabilitation Center

June 14, 2021

By Gerrieal

It is hard to speak with your loved one. The staff rarely answers the phone and transfers are slow to connect you with your loved one. No activities since Covid and patients can't leave the room although everyone is vaccinated. It's sad and stressful.

We strive to have a culture of improvement, and feedback like yours helps us shape the way we do things. Please contact us so we can follow up on your concerns. Thank you for your candid feedback.

June 07, 2021

By JLBD

My mother had dementia & needed more care than I felt I could provide her, but trusting her care to this facility was the worse decision I ever made. She died in this facility 11 months after she was admitted and I have not been able to forgive myself for placing her in this place nearly three years ago. The place was short-staffed & the nurses' aids were not well supervised. Early on, I was told by a staff member that my mother would need a "good advocate" in order to ensure her well being, but no matter how hard I tried, her health continued to fail due to the poor care she received. Please do not place a loved one in this facility! My heart breaks with every memory of my mother being in this facility.

We are very sorry about your mother's passing. When you are ready, we would like the opportunity to discuss your concerns. Please contact us any hour of the day. You have our sincere condolences.

April 18, 2019

By jsetliff

Other

Thank you to the great staff who provided love and compassionate care to our grandmother in her last days. The staff was so kind and attentive to her needs. The Administrator and Director of Nursing was very accessible if we had questions or needed assistance.

October 12, 2017

By Derwood

I have been satisfied with this health care center for my family member. She can be very hard to deal with and they have been mostly patient and very caring towards her. No nursing home is perfect, but they contact me if anything happens or needs attention. She is always clean and fed and well taken care of.

October 11, 2017

By Greatful daughter!

While there are things that I'm sure could be better, overall I find this facility to be okay! I have had a few miss communications but for the most part they always call when issues need to be addressed or my mother has had some sort of an accident. The nursing staff on the 4th floor has always been very accommodating to my mother's needs and any questions or concerns that I have had. I have visited many other facilities over the years and as far as I'm concerned this facility meets my mothers needs. The health care industry is a very stressful and under appreciated and while I realize we all want our loved ones to be properly taken care of, we also need to remember to thank those who take care of our loved ones! It does go a long way!

July 10, 2017

By concerned by stander !!!!

I have never been in such a place!!! Staff won't even make eye contact, they act like they are afraid you're going to ask them a ?? And if you do they don't have a answer !!! the residents get little care. Don't know how they stay open.

June 03, 2017

By reneekessler

i can't even begin to tell you about our experience with this facility other than I was trying to get my father out within the first 2 weeks! The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing and how they have such a high rating is beyond my comprehension. If your value your family's well being DO NOT take them to this facility!! Even with daily calls to the facility expressing my concern with what wasn't being done right with my dad, it was a horrific nightmare! I feel sorry for the people who are there and DONT have someone who can keep tabs on what's being or not being done for them. Pitiful and pathetic are really my only two words to describe this place! Also, If your loved one is a FALL/RISK patient DO NOT send them here especially. They do not have beds with alarms to notify them they are getting out of the bed and they sure aren't quick to assist their need when they do need out! God have mercy on their patients!!

July 28, 2011

By jeanniesprecious

Other

There are many positives about this facility however, they have extreme staffing issues. The staff they do have are overworked which is not good for optimal care given. The facility itself isn't as clean as it could be due to the staffing issues.

Services and Amenities of Huntington Health and Rehabilitation Center

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Huntington Health and Rehabilitation Center

Huntington Health and Rehabilitation Center is a senior living provider in Huntington, West Virginia that offers residents Assisted Living and Nursing Homes. Contact Huntington Health and Rehabilitation Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Huntington Health and Rehabilitation Center