17 Assisted Living Facilities near Daleville, VA
Also serving communities of Troutville.
There are 17 Assisted Living Facilities in the Daleville area, with 2 in Daleville and 15 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 46 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Daleville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Daleville 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Clifton Forge with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Daleville, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Daleville, VA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Daleville
Located in Botetourt County, where Lewis and Clark began their historic journey, Daleville, Virginia, is a quaint community that's home to just over 3,000 residents. With seniors aged 65 and older making up more than 28% of the population, specialized care facilities are available for those who need help with activities of daily living.
Throughout the state of Virginia, including Daleville, these assisted living facilities (ALFs) are split into two categories based on the level of care that is offered: residential living care and assisted living care. There are two ALFs available locally in Daleville with an additional 20 facilities in surrounding communities, all of which are licensed by the Virginia Department of Social Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Daleville
- Rich in history, Botetourt County has a number of arts and cultural offerings for seniors to enjoy. Residents can take a stroll through one of Daleville's local parks, visit the Botetourt County Historical Museum in Fincastle or explore the town of Buchanan's charming Main Street area.
- Compared to other Virginia cities, Daleville is a more budget-friendly option. Based on the U.S. national average of 100, the cost of living in Daleville is 108.5, which is lower than the statewide average of 113.8. This could help seniors afford assisted living care.
- Families of seniors transitioning to an ALF may be comforted knowing that Daleville has a very low rate of violent crime. On a scale to 100, scores an 11.5, which is lower than both the U.S. national average of 22.7 and statewide average of 14.4.
- Seniors in Daleville can expect to enjoy a pleasant year-round climate. With warm summers and mild winters, the area scores an overall comfort index rating of 65 out of a possible 100.
- Currently, there is no public transportation system in Botetourt County, which may make it difficult for seniors in Daleville to run errands and travel to medical appointments.
- Daleville has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Local Office on Ageing (LOA), an organization that offers a variety of community-based services for adults age 60 and older, including in-home care, consumer information services, critical assistance and life-enhancement activities.
Note: Data on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Daleville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Virginia
Assisted Living costs in Daleville start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Daleville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Daleville
In Daleville, seniors with limited income can receive financial assistance to help cover the cost of an ALF through a number of state programs. These include Virginia's Supplemental Security Income and Auxiliary Grant Program, which is administered by the Department for Aging and Rehabilitative Services.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Daleville
Daleville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Daleville, please visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Daleville
Daleville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Virginia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Daleville
Review of The Glebe
The Glebe was a very nice, large community in my price range. We had an excellent tour. The personnel seemed very good. The rooms were a little more spacious than the other place we visited. They c... Read more
Review of The Glebe
We visited the Glebe and had dinner there. We visited a cottage unit and an apartment unit and stayed overnight, and we were positively impressed. The residents seemed to be very happy. They had an... Read more
Review of The Glebe
I visited The Glebe. It has assisted living, independent living, and a nursing home. The facility is beautiful, and it's fairly new. It’s looking over the mountains. If I would go in any place, tha... Read more