4 Assisted Living Facilities near Hartsville, TN
There are 4 Assisted Living Facilities in the Hartsville area, with 2 in Hartsville and 2 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Hartsville is $2,695 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 5 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Hartsville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Hartsville 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Lafayette with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Hartsville, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Hartsville, TN
Assisted Living in Hartsville, TN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Hartsville
The city of Hartsville has about 2,400 people, including nearly 460 who are age 65 and older. These seniors can enjoy a variety of social activities at the local senior center, including Wii Bowling, bingo, a Silver Sneakers exercise program and line dancing. The center is open Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
In Hartsville, many local seniors who have difficulty seeing to the activities of daily living without assistance can transition to assisted living, which provides meals, housing and supportive services. There are two assisted living facilities in the city and two more in the nearby cities of Lafayette and Lebanon. These facilities are governed by the Tennessee Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Hartsville
- Tennessee doesn’t impose a state income tax on any type on income, including retirement income, which may let seniors in Hartsville put more money toward local assisted living expenses.
- The Hartsville area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Trousdale Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The cost of living in Hartsville is slightly higher than the statewide average, but about 10% lower than the national average, which may make it a good option for seniors seeking an affordable city for assisted living.
- Hartsville's violent crime rate is only a few points higher than the national average at 27.5 on a 100-point index, but the city's property crime rate is over 15 points higher at 51.0. Seniors may want to select an assisted living facility that offers security features like high-security locks and surveillance cameras.
- Hartsville's weather is slightly warmer than the average Tennessee city, with year-round temperatures ranging between 26 degrees and 89 degrees. Humidity levels tend to be relatively low during the summer, and the city gets about 52 inches of rain and 3 inches of snow annually. To keep residents comfortable, many assisted living facilities provide individual climate control in bedrooms and apartments.
- The air quality in Hartsville is rated 70 on a 100-point health index, which is considerably better than the national average of 58. This may make assisted living here a good option for seniors with conditions like cardiovascular disease or COPD.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Hartsville
Assisted Living Costs in Hartsville
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Hartsville
Assisted living services in Hartsville may be covered for some seniors by the Medicaid 1115 managed care Long-Term Services and Supports program.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Hartsville
Free Assisted Living Resources in Hartsville
Assisted Living Communities in Hartsville
Caring Star Winners in Hartsville Area
The 10 Best Assisted Living Communities in Hartsville Area
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Hartsville
Review of Trousdale Senior Living Center
We were really pleased with Trousdale Senior Living Center. They took great care of my mom while she was there. The staff was amazing and very helpful. She did like line dancing, and she had her ha... Read more
Review of Trousdale Senior Living Center
Upon my first visit to this facility I noticed that they patients seemed very happy. I noticed that on one instance that a female resident was having a bad day was confused, and asking for her dea... Read more