2 Assisted Living Facilities near Heath Springs, SC
Also serving communities of Lancaster, Fort Lawn.
There are 2 Assisted Living Facilities in the Heath Springs area, with 1 in Heath Springs and 1 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Heath Springs is $3,000 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,635. Cheaper nearby regions include Ridgeway with an average starting cost of $3,000.
To help you with your search, browse the 10 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Heath Springs. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Heath Springs 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Heath Springs, call (855) 863-8283.
1 Assisted Living Facility in Heath Springs, SC
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Heath Springs
Heath Springs is a small town in South Carolina approximately an hour northeast from Columbia. Seniors can walk along the streets of the Matson Street historic district to view the stately homes listed on the National Register of Historic Places or go fishing at the Steven Springs Fish Hatchery. This small town provides a quiet place for seniors to retire.
For those who need help with the activities of daily living, Heath Springs provides 10 assisted living facilities in the area, including one within the town limits. Regulated by the South Carolina Board of Health and Environmental Control, these facilities provide room and board and a degree of personal care.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Heath Springs
- Heath Springs has hot and humid summers with highs around 90 degrees. January lows are around 32 degrees with around an inch of snow per year. Seniors who prefer the heat may find it easier to get out during most times of the year.
- Crime in Heath Springs is ranked on a scale from one (low) to 100 (high). Property crime is ranked 51.5, which is higher than the national average of 38.1. Violent crime is ranked 64.9, which is also higher than the national average of 31.1. The overall rate of crime is a concern for seniors living in the area.
- Seniors in Heath Springs may find it easy to manage money due to the cost of living of 93.5. This is the same as the state cost of living and lower than the national average of 100.
- SCIWAY provides transportation for seniors to and from medical appointments and seniors centers and for daily errands within the city limits at discount fares. This door-to-door service is available 24/7 by appointment.
- Heath Springs has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Lancaster County Council on Aging, an organization that works to improve the lives of seniors in the area, as well as one senior center.
- The Heath Springs area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Springs Memorial Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Heath Springs
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in South Carolina
Assisted Living costs in Heath Springs start around $3,000 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Heath Springs and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Heath Springs
Heath Springs and the state of South Carolina provides public assistance for seniors who need help paying for an assisted living facility through the Medicaid State Plan. Eligibility for the program is open to seniors over the age of 60 who meet all Medicaid program criteria and those who are receiving the Optional State Supplement (OSS) to the federal Supplemental Security Income program (SSI). Family supplementation for private rooms is not allowed.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in South Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in South Carolina page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Heath Springs
Heath Springs and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Heath Springs, please visit our Assisted Living in South Carolina page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Heath Springs
Heath Springs-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in South Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in South Carolina page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Heath Springs
Review of Heath Springs Residential Care Center
My brother has been a resident at the facility for 3 years. To let everyone know it is the most cleanest and caring place that I have witness. Most of all my brother is happy. The Adams family. God... Read more
Review of Heath Springs Residential Care Center
My mother lives there and she seems to be settling in. It's a very clean place and the staff seem to be good with here. She shares a room with someone. Read more