4 Assisted Living Facilities near Minford, OH
There are 4 Assisted Living Facilities in the Minford area, with 1 in Minford and 3 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 9 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Minford. Better rated regions include Wheelersburg with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Minford, call (855) 863-8283.
1 Assisted Living Facility in Minford, OH
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Minford
Minford is a small community in Scioto County, close to the county seat of Portsmouth. At the 2010 Census less than 700 people lived in Minford, and around 27 percent were 65 or older. Despite the small population, Minford is home to one assisted living facility that caters to its seniors. There are another four in the nearby communities of Wheelersburg, New Boston and Porstmouth. These facilities are monitored and licensed by the Ohio Department of Health, which provides different licenses based on the facility's size and the level of care offered.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Minford
- Public transport in Minford is provided by Access Scioto County Public Transit. This is an on-demand shared ride service that provides curb-to-curb transport. Senior riders are eligible for half price fares.
- The Sperling index rates Minford's overall cost of living at 79, 21 points lower than the national average. This is largely due to the low cost of housing, but seniors can still save money on groceries, health care and transport, which are all cheaper than the U.S. average.
- Minford averages just 163 days of sunshine each year, more than 40 fewer than the U.S. average. Winters can be cold, with January lows of just 21 degrees, and there are 81 days of rain, snow, sleet or hail each year. This can keep seniors inside over the winter months.
- Seniors who receive Social Security income are exempt from income tax in Ohio, but retirement funds and pensions are taxed as usual. Seniors may qualify for a tax credit, which can bring their tax bill down and keep more money in their retirement budget.
- The Minford area has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Portsmouth.
- The Sperling crime index ranks crime on a scale of 1-100, with 100 being high crime. Minford's violent crime rate is ranked 43.2, compared to the U.S. average of 31.1. Property crime is also high at 43.3, compared to the national average of 38.1. This may be concerning for safety-conscious seniors.
Paying for Assisted Living in Minford
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Ohio
Assisted Living costs in Minford start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Minford and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Minford
Ohio has an Assisted Living Waiver Program, which provides financial assistance to eligible seniors living in assisted living facilities. Seniors who receive a Social Security income may also be eligible for the Optional State Supplement (OSS).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Minford
Minford and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Minford, please visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Minford
Minford-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Ohio are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page for more information about these laws.