2 Assisted Living Facilities in Chillicothe, OH
Also serving communities of Waverly, Hillsboro.
The average cost of assisted living in Chillicothe is $3,270 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,346.
To help you with your search, browse the 2 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Chillicothe. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Chillicothe 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Circleville with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Chillicothe, call (855) 863-8283.
Other Options in Chillicothe, OH
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Chillicothe
Review of National Church Residences Chillicothe
My father in law lives there full time. The apartments are spacious and well maintained. The staff is very friendly, courteous and polite, they know you by name. The physical therapy is excellent,... Read more
Review of National Church Residences Chillicothe
My great-grandmother was well taken care of. The only complaints she was was the food, but that's to be expected. She loved her caregivers, although some seemed as though they were there just worki... Read more
Assisted Living near Ross County, OH
More Options Near Chillicothe, OH
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Chillicothe
Nestled along the banks of the Scioto River, Chillicothe is a city with a sizable senior population. However, even though seniors over the age of 55 comprise 34.9 percent of the city's population, Chillicothe only has three assisted living facilities available. Two of these are in Chillicothe proper, and one is located in a community nearby. All of these facilities are regulated by the Ohio Department of Health and are commonly referred to as residential care facilities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Chillicothe
- Chillicothe's cost of living is lower than state and national averages. This means low-income seniors might find reasonable prices on things like health care services and groceries.
- Even though it can get pretty cold in Chillicothe during the winter, seniors can enjoy mild weather the rest of the year. The average monthly temperature in August is 74 degrees Fahrenheit, and temperatures rarely make it past the high 80s.
- Chillicothe's high crime rates could be a concern for seniors. The city's overall crime rate is 199 percent higher than the U.S. average. People in the city have a 1 in 12 chance of becoming the victim of a crime. Because of this, 99 percent of Ohio communities are considered safer than Chillicothe.
- The Chillicothe area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Chillicothe VA Medical Center and Adena Regional Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The Chillicothe Transit System (CTS) runs a fixed-route bus service in the city. Seniors age 65 and over pay half-price fares. CTS also operates a door-to-door paratransit service for area seniors. Paratransit ride services need to be scheduled in advance.
- Chillicothe has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Ross County Community Action Commission Inc., an organization that a senior companion program and health programs, as well as one senior center.
Paying for Assisted Living in Chillicothe
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Ohio
Assisted Living costs in Chillicothe start around $3,270 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Chillicothe and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Chillicothe
Seniors needing financial assistance to cover costs associated with residing in an assisted living facility can apply for the state's Assisted Living Waiver program or the residential state supplement.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Chillicothe
Chillicothe and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Chillicothe, please visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Chillicothe
Chillicothe-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Ohio are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page for more information about these laws.