19 Assisted Living Facilities near Slingerlands, NY
Also serving communities of Feura Bush.
There are 19 Assisted Living Facilities in the Slingerlands area, with 3 in Slingerlands and 16 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Slingerlands is $4,537 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Delmar with an average starting cost of $3,095.
To help you with your search, browse the 167 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Slingerlands. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Slingerlands 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Albany with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Slingerlands, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Slingerlands, NY
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Slingerlands
Slingerlands is a small hamlet in the town of Bethlehem. It is located directly west of Albany and within easy access of Interstate 87. The area has plenty of green space for seniors to hike and enjoy nature, and it is in close proximity to the Delaware Shopping Center in Delmar where seniors can shop for good deals. For those looking to retire in the area, there are two assisted living facilities within Slingerlands and 23 close by.
Assisted living facilities in Slingerlands and the state of New York are regulated by the Department of Health and are often referred to as adult care facilities. There are three types of facilities for seniors to choose from. Adult homes offer the lowest level of care, which generally includes at least one meal per day, housekeeping and personal care. Enriched housing programs are for individuals 65 or older. Finally, assisted living residences offer the highest level of care, which includes 24-hour on-site monitoring.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Slingerlands
- The Slingerlands area is home to world-class medical facilities, including St. Peter’s Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Slingerlands has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Organize Senior Moves, an organization that helps senior citizens organize, pack and move to a different location as well as one senior center.
- The Senior Outreach Program of Bethlehem provides transportation for seniors within Slingerlands and the surrounding area. Rides are provided to and from the senior center, for doctor visits and various errands. The group also schedules organized outings.
- Seniors on a budget may find it slightly challenging to live in Slingerlands. The cost of living in the city is 129.4, which compares to the national average of 100. This is comparable to the states' cost of living average of 129.
- Seniors who want to escape the heat of the south may find Slingerlands' climate perfect. The average summer high is around 82, while January lows are around 15. The city gets around 55 inches of snow per year.
- Slingerlands is a relatively safe place for seniors to live. The crime rate is based on a scale from one (low) to 100 (high). In Slingerlands, the property crime rate is 37.6, which compares to the national average of 38.1. Violent crime ranks 27.9 in comparison to the national average of 31.1.
Paying for Assisted Living in Slingerlands
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New York
Assisted Living costs in Slingerlands start around $4,116 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Slingerlands and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Slingerlands
Financial assistance is available for seniors living in an assisted living facility in Slingerlands. This assistance is provided by the federal Medicaid 1915 waiver. Eligibility is based on the federal Supplement Security Income (SSI) payment and any additional forms of income. The state does not provide public assistance for assisted living facilities to low-income residents, however, family supplementation is permitted.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New York page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Slingerlands
Slingerlands and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Slingerlands, please visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Slingerlands
Slingerlands-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New York are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New York page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Slingerlands
Review of Atria Guilderland
My Mom has lived at Atria Guilderland since July 2018. She had biweekly PT and OT sessions which helped her walk with her walker and not rely on her wheelchair as much. The Executive Director is fr... Read more
Review of Atria Guilderland
Atria Guilderland looked pretty good. They had different rooms available. They were very friendly. The place looked clean. They provide activities for the residents. Read more
Review of Atria Guilderland
Atria Guilderland was OK. We took a look at the room and the lunchroom. The room was OK for one person and they allow pets. I didn't like the layout of the place. It was like a maze. I can't see my... Read more