1 Assisted Living Facility in Geneva, NY
The average cost of assisted living in Geneva is $3,255 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,380.
To help you with your search, browse the 5 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Geneva. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Geneva 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Canandaigua with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Geneva, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Geneva
Geneva is located along the northern end of Seneca Lake and south of Lake Ontario. Often referred to as Wine Country, Geneva is home to the Three Brothers Wineries and Estates, which holds an annual Senior Citizens Day. The Rose Hill Historic Mansion also offers discount tours for seniors.
For seniors who are looking for an assisted living facility close to the remarkable views of Seneca Lake, there is one facility located within the city of Geneva and six in surrounding areas like Newark, NY, and Canandaigua. Regulated by the New York Department of Health, these facilities provide a home-like setting with 24-hour nursing care.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Geneva
- The Geneva area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Geneva General Hospital and Finger Lakes Health Medical, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Geneva has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Ontario County Office for the Aging, an organization that provides information on available programs for seniors in the area, assistance with medical bills and services and referrals to doctors who specialize in geriatrics, as well as at least one senior center.
- Compared to the rest of the country, Geneva’s cost of living is 13.6 percent lower. This is ideal for seniors on a budget who purchase their own groceries and necessities.
- For seniors who appreciate four very distinct seasons throughout the year, Geneva is cold in the winter with lows in January around 17. Summers are mild with highs around 82. The area receives approximately 55 inches of snow, which is approximately double the US average of 26 inches, and 34 inches of rain, which is slightly lower than the US average of 39 inches.
- Seniors who enjoy getting out on their own for weekly trips will appreciate the low crime rates. On a scale from 1 (low) to 100 (high), Geneva ranks 19.3 in violent crime and 36.8 in property crime. The US average for violent crime is 31.1 and the average for property crime is 38.1.
- There are several transportation options for seniors heading to the doctor’s office or out for weekly errands. The Ontario County Office for the Aging offers senior discounts on scheduled routes and a curb-to-curb Dial-a-Ride program for seniors and individuals with disabilities.
Paying for Assisted Living in Geneva
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New York
Assisted Living costs in Geneva start around $3,255 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Geneva and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Geneva
Seniors who need assistance paying for an assisted living residence may apply for help through the Assisted Living Program with the state Medicaid Plan. This program pays for a variety of services, including room and board, nursing and personal care assistance. The program is limited to 4,200 participants, with around 85 percent on Medicaid.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New York page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Geneva
Geneva and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Geneva, please visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Geneva
Geneva-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New York are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New York page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Geneva, NY
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Geneva
Review of Seneca Lake Terrace
Seneca Lake Terrace was nice and very clean. They showed me the facility and the rooms. They gave us lunch and showed me their craft room and a room where they could gather together. The staff was ... Read more
Review of Seneca Lake Terrace
Seneca Lake Terrace was very nice, very pretty, and very clean. It's out in the country, so there were nature views. It was newer or just remodeled, spacious and homey, and wasn't industrial. The p... Read more
Review of Seneca Lake Terrace
The staff at Seneca Lake Terrace included very nice people. It also looked like they did a good job of trying to provide activities. They have a little ice cream shop also. They did seem to have lo... Read more