The Bixby Home

Reviews of The Bixby Home

Assisted Living Reviews for The Bixby Home

February 21, 2012

By dacfnp

About 4 yrs. ago, it became necessary to find assisted living help for our mother, who was 82 y/o. She had been recently diagnosed w/COPD, had oxygen needs 24/7, also with early onset dementia and needing help. I looked at 3 different homes and went back to the Bixby Home, because the proprietor was so helpful. Mom was a Veteran of WWII, raised 4 kids in the 50's & 60's by herself and worked hard all her life. We wanted "a home", where people cared - not just a place to put Mom, so we wouldn't be bothered. We found not only kind & caring staff, but those who truly cared about her well-being. My youngest brother was there, every day that she was. He even took his therapy Golden Retriever, which not only our Mom, but all the residents loved. I saw this staff work with many residents who didn't have families in the area or had out-lived their family members. The residents were provided a clean, safe & caring environment, 3 home-cooked meals & snacks when they wanted, as well as hot coffee, tea or other beverage if desired. In the time our Mom was a resident there - we saw the summer picnics, a fall camp outting in a local park, the Christmas tea & several other seasonal celebrations. The staff loved our Mom & she loved them. She fell & broke her hip in December '10, the staff on duty were wonderful to her & she often shared how one of the 3-11 aides had gotten Mom her pillow, placed it under Mom's head and the aide got right down on the floor, next to her to comfort her while one of the male residents ran to get help. After her surgery & week stay in the hospital, she could not wait to get back to the Bixby Home & was welcomed by the staff & residents when she returned. She never recuperated from her hip fracture, but was cared for by hospice, right in her room. The staff cared for her as if she were a member of their own family. The morning she died, the staff cared for us too - bringing us coffee, donuts and being there for moral support. Mom loved the Bixby Home & we were at peace knowing she was safe and cared for. We are most grateful to Debbie and all her wonderful staff for providing our Mom, Betty, with tender loving care in her last years. PS I am an RN of 40 yrs. & a nurse practitioner of 11 yrs., so I know bad, OK or BEST. The Bixby Home is one of the BEST!

July 07, 2011

By Bonja

My sister has been at the Bixby Home now nearly 6 months and is doing so well. She's happy, adjusted, and has made friends with many other female residents that live there. Staff are friendly to the residents and encourage their friends and relatives to visit at any time. The director has been most helpful to me in the placement and continued care of my sister. I would highly recommend this facility to anyone looking for a clean, safe environment to place a loved one that can no longer live alone.

March 04, 2011

By serious27

Most unprofessional management ever!!!

My father was placed here and it was a nightmare. The manager was so unprofessional refused to have anything to do with his immediate family, because she listened to lies that were told by other family members. She also gave away my fathers belongings after he passed. Which has lead her to a huge investigation by the state. Not to mention when she was questioned by state authorities she lied about where my fathers belongs were. What kind of person would be so uncaring as to deny someones own child their belongings when that is the only thing they have left of their parent. Dont believe above statements they are lies.

August 24, 2010

By B Ann B

family is all you got

If you care about your family do not send them to the bixby house. my oldest brother was placed there, his own wife and kids could not contact him nor know about his health and what treatments he was receiving. I've worked in a state facility and they do not obey nor care for the rules and regulations as well as human decency. my mother spoke to the owner and said some negative things about his wife and family which where all lies and the 1 of the reasons why they couldn't find out anything about him. Its going to be almost 4 months and they still have not even returned his belongings to his family, he wasn't taken care of medically emotionally or physically. please for the sake of your loved ones and yourselves read more into where you will send your family because that's all you have left at the end of the day. thank you!

Services and Amenities of The Bixby Home

About The Bixby Home

The Bixby Home is a senior living provider in Interlaken, New York that offers residents Assisted Living. Contact The Bixby Home for more details on services and rates.

Map of The Bixby Home