3 Assisted Living Facilities near Fayette, MO
There are 3 Assisted Living Facilities in the Fayette area, with 2 in Fayette and 1 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 1 review below for assisted living facilities in Fayette. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Fayette 3.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Boonville with an average rating of 4.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Fayette, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Fayette, MO
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Fayette
Seniors in Fayette, Missouri, are within driving distance of the Mississippi River but can travel to nearby Rogers Lake for a relaxing day on the water. Those who prefer the stars can visit Morrison Observatory to use the facility's Clark telescope.
Overall, there are 2,700 people living in Fayette, and 16% of them are at least 65 years old. To accommodate those who need help with the tasks of daily living, there are three assisted living facilities nearby. These facilities are regulated by the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services in Fayette and the rest of the state.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Fayette
- In Fayette and all of Missouri, retirement income, such as 401(k)s and IRAs, is taxed just like regular income. Missouri's sales taxes are above the national average, but property taxes are somewhat lower.
- Housing costs at less than 70% of the U.S. average drive Fayette's low cost of living, which is 12.6% lower than the national median. However, seniors may pay more for healthcare here than in most U.S. cities.
- Both property and violent crime are lower in Fayette than the state or nation as a whole. At 14.8, Fayette's violent crime is 50% lower than the U.S. median, while its property crime is 23.1, or 12.2% lower than the national average.
- Seniors who don't like snow may be relieved to hear that Fayette gets just 15 inches of annual snowfall, about half the national mean. However, it receives 43 inches of rain, which is five more than the country's average. The town's annual temperature range is a moderate 19 to 88 degrees.
- In terms of air quality, Fayette rates a 75 on the EPA's National Air Toxics Assessment. This is much higher than the national average of 58, meaning seniors can breathe more easily here than in more polluted cities across the country.
- The Fayette area has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Boone.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Fayette
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Missouri
Assisted Living costs in Fayette start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Fayette and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Fayette
Missouri has several financial assistance options for Fayette seniors who need help funding assisted living fees. Seniors may be eligible for the Aged and Disabled Waiver or the state's Supplemental Nursing Care program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Fayette
Fayette and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Fayette, please visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Fayette
Fayette-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Missouri are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Fayette
Review of Rest Haven Rcf
The amenities were not the nicest, but they were clean and free from any noticeable filth or odd smells, other than that of "old house." Rest Haven is an old house which has been retrofitted to hou... Read more