2 Assisted Living Facilities in Salisbury, MO
To help you with your search, browse the 1 review below for assisted living facilities in Salisbury. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Salisbury 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Macon with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Salisbury, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Salisbury, MO
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Salisbury
Salisbury is an agricultural city that's located in Chariton County, Missouri. As of 2010, nearly 20% of the city's 1,618 residents were seniors aged 65 and older. For seniors who require personal care and assistance with activities of daily living, there are two assisted living facilities located in Salisbury. These facilities, as well as all long-term senior care facilities in the state, are licensed and monitored by the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Salisbury
- There's an array of community resources for seniors in the Salisbury area, including the Council on Aging and Elderly Affairs, which protects the dignity and quality of life of the city's seniors through a variety of assistance programs, as well as one senior center.
- Salisbury has few facilities to choose from in the event of medical emergencies or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Moberly.
- Seniors in Salisbury and throughout Chariton County can access free public transportation via OATS Transit, which serves several counties in the area on a limited schedule.
- The cost of living in Salisbury is more than 20% below the national median, which makes the area a good location for seniors with limited income. The most notable savings in Salisbury are found in housing costs; however, transportation is also quite inexpensive when compared with the average U.S. city.
- On a scale of 1 to 100, where 100 is best, Salisbury's air quality is rated 78, which is 20 points higher than the national average That makes the city a good choice for seniors with respiratory conditions, as air pollution is low and likely won't cause symptoms to worsen.
- Crime rates in Salisbury are low and seniors have little to worry about when it comes to their safety. When compared with the national averages, the city has 13.7% less violent crime and 14.7% less property crime.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Salisbury
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Missouri
Assisted Living costs in Salisbury start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Salisbury and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Salisbury
Seniors in Salisbury's assisted living facilities can apply for financial support under the Medicaid State Plan Personal Care Authority, which covers the cost of care services. An Optional State Supplement is provided to seniors who are recipients of Supplemental Security Income and can be used to pay for room and board.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Salisbury
Salisbury and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Salisbury, please visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Salisbury
Salisbury-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Missouri are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Salisbury, MO
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Salisbury
Review of Bristol Manor
My mother is in Bristol Manor of Salisbury. I have chosen this place because it is close to me. The only thing I do not like is that there are not any activities, but that may be because of Covid. ... Read more