3 Assisted Living Facilities near Brookfield, MO
Also serving communities of Marceline.
There are 3 Assisted Living Facilities in the Brookfield area, with 2 in Brookfield and 1 nearby.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Brookfield, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Brookfield, MO
1 Assisted Living Facility near Brookfield, MO
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Brookfield
Brookfield is a classic American small town, where every summer sees a community festival in the main public park with families and outstanding barbecue, and in fall, the town hosts Missouri's biggest hot air balloon race, which draws thousands of visitors from all over the state. Though the population of Brookfield is not very large, the surrounding, mostly rural, farm country of Linn County is home to over 12,000 people, 21% of whom are seniors aged 65 and over.
Seniors in Brookfield have five assisted living facilities to choose from, where residents get room and board, help with daily activities and often complimentary transportation to and from medical appointments in mobility vans equipped for riders with disabilities. These facilities are licensed, regulated and inspected by the Missouri Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Brookfield
- The weather in Brookfield is highly variable with the seasons. Summers can get warm in Brookfield, with daily average highs of 87 degrees. Winter lows average just 17 degrees. From spring to fall, roughly 43 inches of rain fall on Brookfield, which can raise allergens that affect seniors' asthma, while winter sees about 15 inches of snow.
- The cost of living in Brookfield is 25% lower than the national average for all personal expenses combined. Healthcare is more expensive than average here. Seniors in Brookfield pay an average of 17% above the national average for medical care.
- Crime rates in Brookfield are generally low. Across all crime categories, Brookfield reports roughly half the national average rate. Seniors in Brookfield are especially safe from violent crime, rates for which are close to one-third the national average.
- Seniors in Brookfield can get around Linn County on OATS Transit, which offers discount on-demand bus service for aging citizens in the region. Scheduled routes operate on select days, while routes funded by the Area Agency on Aging operate with voluntary fares for seniors aged 60 and over.
- The Brookfield area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Pershing Memorial Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Brookfield has an array of community resources for seniors, including Senior Age, an organization that provides health and wellness education, medical foot care and fall prevention assistance for seniors in Brookfield, as well as more than half a dozen senior centers.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Brookfield
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Missouri
Assisted Living costs in Brookfield start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Brookfield and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Brookfield
Seniors in Brookfield who need help with the cost of assisted living can apply for the Missouri Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefit, which adds additional funds to seniors' SSI payments.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Brookfield
Brookfield and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Brookfield, please visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Brookfield
Brookfield-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Missouri are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page for more information about these laws.