2 Assisted Living Facilities in Trenton, MO
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Trenton, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Trenton
Trenton, Missouri, is located next to Crowder State Park and Lake Trenton, making it a picturesque city for seniors who enjoy being outdoors. The town is the county seat of Grundy County whose senior population makes up 21.8% of its 5,803 residents. Those who need help with activities of daily living have two assisted living facilities from which to choose. These sites are officially called Assisted Living Facilities (ALFs) in Trenton and in Missouri as a whole, and are administered by the Department of Health and Senior Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Trenton
- Trenton has a number of community spaces and events for seniors, such as the Aquatics Center, which offers a discounted membership for people aged 55 years and older.
- Seniors concerned about spending find Trenton an affordable place to live, as its overall cost of living is 21.8% lower than the national average and 14.3% lower than the Missouri average. Some spending sectors are more expensive than the average in the rest of the country, however. Health care, for example, is 12.4% more costly in Trenton than elsewhere in the United States.
- Trenton sees less violent crime than the rest of the country, on average, but has nearly as much property crime. The town's overall crime rate still falls below the U.S. average, but seniors can investigate what security precautions are available at their assisted living facilities.
- With just 15 inches per year, Trenton is neither very snowy, nor very cold in the winter. The average mid-January low is just 15 degrees. This makes the town a good option for seniors looking to escape extreme winter weather.
- The Trenton area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Wright Memorial Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Trenton seniors are subject to Missouri tax benefits, including exemptions for some retirement income such as Social Security and public pensions. Other income, such as private pensions and withdrawals from retirement accounts, are taxed at the full rate.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Trenton
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Missouri
Assisted Living costs in Trenton start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Trenton and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Trenton
Medicaid recipients who need help affording assisted living can look into the Aged and Disabled waiver, as well as the State Plan Personal Care Option and the Supplemental Nursing Care Assistance Program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Trenton
Trenton and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Trenton, please visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Trenton
Trenton-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Missouri are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page for more information about these laws.