2 Assisted Living Facilities in Princeton, MO
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Princeton, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Princeton
Princeton is well-known as the birthplace of famed frontierswoman Calamity Jane and is a scenic choice for seniors who enjoy being close to the outdoors, as the town is situated near Lake Paho State Wildlife Area. It's the county seat of Mercer County, Missouri, which has 3,641 residents, 22.1% of whom are aged 65 years and older.
Princeton seniors can choose between the city's two assisted living facilities when they need support with activities of daily living. In Princeton, as it is throughout Missouri, assisted living facilities are regulated by the Department of Health and Senior Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Princeton
- Missouri tax laws provide some benefits for Princeton seniors, including exemptions for Social Security and public pension incomes. However, most other retirement income is subject to full taxation.
- The weather in Princeton is fairly temperate, so seniors can stay comfortable year-round. The area sees an average amount of rain with 39 inches per year, which is just one inch more than the national average, and a well-below average amount of snow with 16 inches annually.
- The Princeton area has a below-average crime rate. Property crime is 1.7% below the national average with a score of 21 out of 100, while violent crime occurs 2.1% less often than the national average. Still, seniors are encouraged to discuss security measures with their assisted living providers.
- Princeton has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Trenton, Missouri.
- Seniors in Princeton can expect a cost of living 25.5% lower than the U.S. average. Housing is especially affordable with an average cost that is nearly 50% lower than elsewhere in Missouri.
- Princeton hosts fun community events, like Calamity Jane Day, which includes a parade, contests and games that seniors can enjoy.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Princeton
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Missouri
Assisted Living costs in Princeton start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Princeton and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Princeton
The state offers subsidies like the Aged and Disabled waiver, the Supplemental Nursing Care Assistance Program and the State Plan Personal Care Option to eligible Princeton seniors on Medicaid to help them pay for assisted living services.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Princeton
Princeton and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Princeton, please visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Princeton
Princeton-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Missouri are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page for more information about these laws.