2 Assisted Living Facilities in Bethany, MO
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Bethany, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Bethany, MO
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Bethany
The small city of Bethany, which is located in the northwestern corner of Missouri, is home to nearly 3,300 residents. The city has a large elderly population that makes up over 20% of residents. It has one senior center and an array of community resources for seniors including Senior Life Solutions, a program that provides group counseling for individuals who are dealing with emotional or behavioral issues related to aging.
Bethany has two assisted living facilities for seniors who need help with daily living activities. These facilities are licensed by the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Bethany
- Bethany is a very affordable place to live, which may make it a good option for seniors with restrictive budgets. Overall, living expenses are about 25% lower than the national average and 15% lower than the statewide average, primarily due to low housing and transportation expenses.
- Overall, Bethany's crime rate is lower than the national average, and the majority of crime that occurs here is property-related. On a 100-point scale, with a lower score indicating less crime, the violent crime rate in Bethany is 12.1 and property crime rate is 32.1. This may make the city a good option for seniors who enjoy being active in their community.
- Over the course of a year, temperatures in Bethany range between 15 degrees and 87 degrees F, making it one of the cooler cities in Missouri. The region receives about 19 inches of annual snowfall, more than a quarter of which falls in December. Seniors who enjoy experiencing four distinct seasons may enjoy Bethany's climate.
- The air quality in Bethany is good with a rating of 75 on a 100-point scale. This is almost 20 points higher than the nationwide average, which may be beneficial to seniors with conditions such as asthma or cardiovascular disease.
Missouri's tax laws are moderately retiree-friendly. Social Security benefits are exempt from state income tax, and a large deduction is available on public pensions. Other types of retirement income are taxed as regular income. This may affect how much money can be put toward assisted living in Bethany.
- The Bethany area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Harrison County Community Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Bethany
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Missouri
Assisted Living costs in Bethany start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Bethany and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Bethany
Assisted living services in Bethany are covered under the state's Aged and Disabled Medicaid waiver program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Bethany
Bethany and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Bethany, please visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Bethany
Bethany-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Missouri are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page for more information about these laws.