1 Assisted Living Facility in Corydon, IA
To help you with your search, browse the 1 review below for assisted living facilities in Corydon. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Corydon 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Corydon, call (855) 863-8283.
1 Assisted Living Facility in Corydon, IA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Corydon
Corydon is located in Wayne County, Iowa and is known for its beautiful parks, golf course, and small-town charm. More than 21 percent of Wayne County's 6,400 residents are over the age of 65.
The state of Iowa licenses two types of assisted living: Assisted Living Programs (ALPs) and Residential Care Facilities (RCFs). ALPs are designated for seniors who require simple assistance with daily activities or memory care, while RCFs are designated for those who require a higher level of care. There is one facility providing assisted living to seniors in the Corydon area.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Corydon
- The Corydon area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Wayne County Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
1015 Transit offers residents of Corydon and surrounding areas a safe public transportation option. Seniors can utilize 1015 Transit to travel to important appointments and visit friends or family in the area.
- Iowa doesn't tax social security income and offers a large deduction on other forms of retirement tax. Seniors can use these savings toward the cost of assisted living.
- The Corydon area has an array of community resources available to seniors, including the Senior Eye Program, which provides seniors over 65 years of age with free and low-cost eye exams and glasses, as well as one senior center.
- The overall cost of living in Corydon is more than 20 percent below the national average. This is an important consideration for seniors on a limited budget.
- Seniors who are sensitive to hot temperatures can enjoy spending time outdoors in Corydon's mild summer temperatures. The average high temperature in July is 85 degrees, which is similar to the national average but much lower than many towns and cities to the south, such as Kansas City, Missouri, which has an average summertime high of 90 degrees.
Paying for Assisted Living in Corydon
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Iowa
Assisted Living costs in Corydon start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Corydon and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Corydon
The Iowa Department of Health Services administers the Medicaid 1915(c) Elderly Waiver, which is available to eligible seniors and covers the cost of assisted living services.
Seniors who reside in an RCF are eligible to apply for an Optional State Supplement (OSS) to their Supplemental Security Income. Those who reside in an ALP are not eligible for the OSS.
Seniors in Iowa may use family supplementation to pay for expenses not covered by Medicaid.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Iowa page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Iowa page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Corydon
Corydon and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Corydon, please visit our Assisted Living in Iowa page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Corydon
Corydon-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Iowa are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Iowa page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Corydon
Review of Murphy Place
The staff when we visited Murphy's Place was nice, friendly, and accommodating. The rooms were fine. The dining room was clean and nice. Overall, it seemed a nice facility and it's very bright. Read more