4 Assisted Living Facilities in Pella, IA
Also serving communities of Oskaloosa.
The average cost of assisted living in Pella is $3,395 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,420.
To help you with your search, browse the 6 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Pella. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Pella 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Newton with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Pella, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Pella
Pella is located 40 miles southeast of Des Moines, Iowa. Seniors looking for a retirement city with character may find it in Pella, which was named the 2019 Community of Character at the Iowa Character Awards dinner.
Currently, almost 1,700 seniors live in the city, and those seniors who are considering assisted living may be able to find help in one of the four facilities that the city has to offer. In Burr Oak and throughout the entire state, these facilities, known as assisted living programs and residential care facilities, are regulated by the Department of Inspections and Appeals.in Burr Oak and throughout the entire state.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Pella
- Seniors can feel safe in Pella, which may give them and their families peace of mind. The city has a violent crime rate of 10.9, less than half the national average of 22.7; and a property crime rate of 22.6, about 13 points lower than the national average of 35.4.
- The Pella area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Pella Regional Health Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- In Iowa, Social Security benefits are not taxed, and pensions and retirement savings account income are only partially taxed, which might be beneficial to Pella seniors with restrictive budgets.
- Seniors with breathing issues may find that the air in Pella does not worsen their symptoms. The city has an air quality rating of 75, almost 20 points higher than the national average of 58.
- Pella’s cost of living is 94.9, which is higher than the Iowa average of 89.5, but lower than the national average of 100. Although seniors will pay less for transportation here than they would elsewhere in the state or nation, healthcare costs are higher at 123.7, which is something seniors with chronic medical conditions may want to consider.
- In Pella, year-round temperatures range from 12 to 85 degrees. This city’s precipitation is almost on par with the rest of the nation, with 37 inches of rain each year, compared to 38 inches nationally, and 27 inches of annual snowfall, compared to 28 inches nationwide. This city gets 203 sunny days each year, which allows plenty of time for enjoying the great outdoors.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Pella
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Iowa
Assisted Living costs in Pella start around $3,395 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Pella and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Pella
There are two options available to Pella seniors who need help with their assisted living expenses. These two waivers are part of Iowa’s Medicaid program and are known as the HCBS Elderly Waiver and the Health and Disability Waiver.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Iowa page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Iowa page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Pella
Pella and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Pella, please visit our Assisted Living in Iowa page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Pella
Pella-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Iowa are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Iowa page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Pella
Review of Vriendschap Village
We really liked Vriendschap Village, and it's a newer facility. It's in very nice shape, so it's pretty nice. My mother-in-law liked it. The rooms are nice, and the living room is pretty big and ha... Read more
Review of Hearthstone, Pella
Pella Manor was pretty good, and we really liked it. It was a little bit older, but it was really nice. The rooms have a big balcony where you can sit out and look out the green space. It's in an o... Read more
Review of Hearthstone, Pella
Pella Manor was very nice. The staff was very nice and helpful. The rooms were clean. I thought they had an exercise room and a workshop. They had renovated a nice area, and they were renovating so... Read more