3 Assisted Living Facilities in Maryville, MO
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Maryville, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Maryville, MO
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Maryville
Maryville, Missouri, is a quaint town located not far from scenic Mozingo Lake and its adjacent golf course. The town's seniors, who make up 12.1% of Maryville's 11,687 residents, can choose from the area's three assisted living facilities for help with activities of daily living. These facilities are regulated by the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services and are officially called Assisted Living Facilities (ALFs) in Maryville and the rest of the state.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Maryville
- Maryville seniors will pay the full tax rate Missouri levies on retirement account withdrawals and private pension income. Public pensions and Social Security are only partially-taxed.
- The Maryville area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Mosaic Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Maryville is an affordable place for seniors, with an overall cost of living that is almost 7% lower than the average in Missouri. Housing is especially inexpensive with an average cost that is 22.7% cheaper than the rest of the United States.
- The crime rate in Maryville is relatively low. Seniors concerned about safety may appreciate that violent crime has a score of 15.1 out of 100, while property crime has a score of 22.3 out of 100. Both these ratings are lower than the national averages.
- Maryville weather is fairly temperate, with more sunny days on average than the rest of the country. The town only gets an average of 18 inches of snow per year, 10 inches less than the US average. The temperature reaches a mid-January low of 14 degrees, so seniors can talk to their care providers about how to stay comfortable in extreme weather and what indoor activities are available.
- Seniors in Maryville can stay busy by participating in the town's vibrant arts and culture scene, which has live music festivals and public sculpture displays.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Maryville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Missouri
Assisted Living costs in Maryville start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Maryville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Maryville
Missouri offers options to eligible Maryville seniors who need help paying for assisted living. Medicaid recipients can investigate the Aged and Disabled waiver, along with the Supplemental Nursing Care Assistance Program and the State Plan Personal Care Option.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Maryville
Maryville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Maryville, please visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Maryville
Maryville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Missouri are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page for more information about these laws.