2 Assisted Living Facilities in Cameron, MO
Also serving communities of Maysville, Hamilton.
The average cost of assisted living in Cameron is $2,800 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Liberty with an average starting cost of $2,100.
To help you with your search, browse the 5 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Cameron. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Cameron 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Kearney with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Cameron, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Cameron
Cameron is a Missouri city that sits in both Clinton and DeKalb Counties. Dubbing itself the "Crossroads of the Nation", Cameron touts its economic growth, including increased housing for seniors and the city's capable acute care hospital.
Seniors in need of help with daily tasks in a safe, secure environment will find four assisted living facilities in the area, with two in Cameron and two nearby. Assisted living facilities in the city are licensed through the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, Division of Regulation and Licensure, Section for Long-Term Care Regulation.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Cameron
- Cameron's senior residents will see financial savings with the city's cost of living measured at 88.9 versus the 100 national average. Although the cost of health care is 10 percent higher than the average, all other categories are lower.
- Cameron is given a crime index score of 29, meaning it is less safe than 71 percent of United States cities. Violent crime presents a risk of 1 per 196 residents and property crime chances are 1 in 56, so seniors may want to consider taking safety precautions.
- The climate in Cameron is somewhat cool, making the area less desirable for seniors who like the heat. Average temperatures range from a high of 87 degrees Fahrenheit in July and a low of 16 degrees Fahrenheit in January. Rainfall averages 39 inches and just 13 inches of snow each year.
- Although there are no local transit options in Cameron, the city does offer two bus lines that take passengers to the surrounding areas. Seniors can use OATS Transit and Jefferson Lines for rides to and from nearby cities on planned routes.
- The Cameron area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Cameron Regional Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Missouri is not very tax-friendly for seniors and retirees. Retirement income, such as IRAs or 401(k)s are taxed at the normal rate but social security is exempt for seniors over the age of 62. Seniors may also be eligible for a property tax credit.
Paying for Assisted Living in Cameron
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Missouri
Assisted Living costs in Cameron start around $2,800 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Cameron and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Cameron
Seniors in the Cameron area who need financial help to cover assisted living facility costs can take advantage of a Missouri Medicaid Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) waiver. The Supplemental Nursing Care (SNC) program offers monthly cash payments to eligible seniors who live in a licensed care facility and demonstrate financial need.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Cameron
Cameron and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Cameron, please visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Cameron
Cameron-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Missouri are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Cameron
Review of The Village of Cameron Senior Living
The Village of Cameron is great, and everybody that I have encountered here is very friendly and ready to help. The staff is caring, courteous, kind, and makes you feel at home. They have hot meals... Read more
Review of Bristol Manor of Cameron
I thought that Bristol Manor was kind of cold and didn't have that reach-out-and-pull-you-in feeling. The overall appearance was nice and clean. I only met one person and she was very nice and expl... Read more
Review of The Village of Cameron Senior Living
I visited The Village of Cameron. They had really good camaraderie among the residents, and everyone got along like a little family. The people who work there were very happy, upbeat, and knowledge... Read more